No announcement yet.

[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, good work. Nice idea to open up this classic a little, i also like the lightning much more, than the dark indoor-like original. Gives a fresh touch to it. I'll definitely have an eye on this one
    UT3 map:DM-Shrift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtaXAPRtJWg

Michael -genthly- Gmür
    Senior Lighting Artist a Techland

Comment

Hey chonglee, I like the way you opened up this map. And i also really like the sun light. Adds a nice feel to it. Am definitely gonna keep an eye on this one
      UT3 map:DM-Shrift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtaXAPRtJWg

Michael -genthly- Gmür
      Senior Lighting Artist a Techland

Comment

Originally posted by genthly View Post
        Hey chonglee, I like the way you opened up this map. And i also really like the sun light. Adds a nice feel to it. Am definitely gonna keep an eye on this one
        Hey welcome back genthly!
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

i love the lighting in the map it looks so natural it is an improvement over the original. Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
            Chong! this deck version is one of the best I've seen to date along UT series, full connectivity and new attack and defense strategies (tdm) and fast action guaranteed. It could have a lot of room to fight here!
            Great design dude!
            Thanks Darksonny!
            I feel this too, the extra connectivity looks more useful for tdm.

Originally posted by thesimo View Post
            At last! A Deck I want to play! this is 5 kinds of awesome.
            Thanks!

Originally posted by nvz View Post
            I actually prefer this version of deck for FFA and TDM game play!
            Me too.

Hey, good work. Nice idea to open up this classic a little, i also like the lightning much more, than the dark indoor-like original. Gives a fresh touch to it. I'll definitely have an eye on this one
            Thanks! This is not really an open map but compared to other Decks this one seems a little bit open. That said, for the jumpboots, I have to add ceilings back for some areas in the latest version.
            The sun light, I don't know, honestly I haven't decided yet what kind of lighting for this map. I am trying different lighting in different versions. When the layout is finalized I will spend time and make a plan for the lighting.

Originally posted by y2k View Post
            i love the lighting in the map it looks so natural it is an improvement over the original. Keep up the good work
            Thanks! My rough intention on the lighting I guess is to bring more life to this map.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am back for this map! Well not fully but at least got a new version for you.
            4 months! You have no idea how busy this 4 months are and there are still a few incoming busy weeks so basically the only time I have for do some UT mapping is during the weekends.
            There are some noticeable changes in this version, the biggest is the 2nd teleporter I finally added, which is also related to several inventory locations changes and layout changes. This is something needs to be tested and please let me know what do you think about it.
            The 2nd biggest, which technically is not that big but important for the layout, is blocking the boundary so that you can't reach the outside like the roofs with jumpboots.
            And the placeholder materials start to give more identification of the environment.

I noticed in recent builds, the bots are really annoying as they don't prefer to get weapons and powerups, they just stay around somewhere and keep shooting until ammo runs out. So can't really play with them right now in the map although the navmesh is basically in.
            [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Thanks! Any feedback on the layout?

Comment

Updated,

The main changes:

The double teleporter. This is the biggest change. Might be a stupid idea but I want to try it anyway. The upper one is for the lift room, the lower one is to the thigh pad room.

The thigh pad room.

Added one more small box to make the jump more comfortable.

The teleporter at this place in the previous version is gone. Now replaced with a flak.

The tube is lower, no need to jump.

The pool is gone. This flak is now back at this location, to make this place feels important.

Made another video to show these changes:

And spent some time on the navmesh to "fix" some AI issues. You should be able to enjoy the map with bots now.

Comment

Personally, I think this version of deck might be going the right direction. Compared to the original one, of course the original one is fun. But this one makes clear use of the new features, and it still does true glory to the original concept. (Opinion based on Video)

Comment

Wow the latest update is looking really good. I'm shocked to say that I'm finally bored of the old Deck. IMO, DeckTest doesn't fit in with the rest of the maps that are being made. However, yours updates Deck to UT4 standards. I could definitely see this one "shipping" with the game.
                    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Woah! I totally like the changes you made. I like the original Deck but this is much better, a lot of possibilities in the map now Good work Chonglee!

Comment

This looks amazing. It kinda makes me think some wealthy guy out there loved Deck so much he built a mansion to live in fashioned after it, but something happened along the way and he couldn't afford to complete the project so Liandri snapped it up.

Comment

There's only one thing I dislike, the fact that I think there's too many 5 hp vials in it. For example the ones around belt. And there's like probably 2-3 or so too many of them lined up at the narrow ledge on both sides of the map and maybe just above the ledge at the flak room. But the rest is nice.
                          Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 01-18-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Impuredeath View Post
                            Personally, I think this version of deck might be going the right direction. Compared to the original one, of course the original one is fun. But this one makes clear use of the new features, and it still does true glory to the original concept. (Opinion based on Video)
                            Thanks!
                            I am actually thinking about making a "classic" version which will be more like the original, but haven't started.
                            Adding new features is cool, just sometimes I am not confident of the changes because good constructive feedback is not easy to get. Sometime I hope there could be playtests for community maps.

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                            Wow the latest update is looking really good. I'm shocked to say that I'm finally bored of the old Deck. IMO, DeckTest doesn't fit in with the rest of the maps that are being made. However, yours updates Deck to UT4 standards. I could definitely see this one "shipping" with the game.
                            I think DeckTest is more like a test map. I am always amazed by the official UT maps, sometimes I wish I had better BSP skills and wild imaginations.
                            UT4 standards is something up there, while what I can hope is to not let you down, and try to have fun.

Originally posted by Galivan View Post
                            Woah! I totally like the changes you made. I like the original Deck but this is much better, a lot of possibilities in the map now Good work Chonglee!
                            Thanks a lot!
                            Let's also talk about the possibilities if possible.

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
                            This looks amazing. It kinda makes me think some wealthy guy out there loved Deck so much he built a mansion to live in fashioned after it, but something happened along the way and he couldn't afford to complete the project so Liandri snapped it up.
                            A wealthy gamer who loved Deck? If that could happen, why not build a 1:1 real Deck. I can only imagine to experience that in VR.

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                            There's only one thing I dislike, the fact that I think there's too many 5 hp vials in it. For example the ones around belt. And there's like probably 2-3 or so too many of them lined up at the narrow ledge on both sides of the map and maybe just above the ledge at the flak room. But the rest is nice.
                            Yeah I feel that a little bit too. Those vials can be boring sometimes. I will pay attention to this in the next version. Thanks!

Comment

i really like this version of deck. i have played once an older version of this map and i extremely liked the map and i bet this version will feel very good during competive matches. Not sure if posted or requested yet but i would really like to see a cooked version for a playtest.

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                                A wealthy gamer who loved Deck? If that could happen, why not build a 1:1 real Deck. I can only imagine to experience that in VR.

I don't mean real life like, I meant more as ingame story

Comment

Working...
                                X