[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArKtur View Post
    i really like this version of deck. i have played once an older version of this map and i extremely liked the map and i bet this version will feel very good during competive matches. Not sure if posted or requested yet but i would really like to see a cooked version for a playtest.
    You can check the OP there is the latest cooked pak. I will update that post when a new version is ready.

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
    I don't mean real life like, I meant more as ingame story
    Oh I see. That might work. Thanks!
    [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Version 20150215 uploaded.
      The main change is the additional teleporter is deleted. I feel it is somewhat over designed. I also tweaked the layout. Blocked some useless windows. Reduced the width of the belt beam.
      Tested, compatible with the latest weekly build.

Comment

Nice at all, the best version of Deck of all times! I cant wait to see it texturiced! O.O

Comment

Thanks, Galivan!

Version 20150225 has been uploaded.
          - Music added
          - Audio volumes added, still WIP
          - Energy shield (visual+ambient sound) for the map bound
          - Vista city placeholder
          - Background terrain and river (the lake is gone)
          - Playerstarts tuned
          - Ammo reduced and relocated
          - Slime volume modified
          - The poolside walkways are narrower
          - The belt beam is slightly narrower
          - Udamage platform modified

A move-around video:

Some of the moves are not really useful in combat. I was just having fun to see what I can do. The lifts are taking slightly longer time to move which makes them slightly more difficult but I am not sure if it's still too easy.

Comment

This should be added to server rotation.

Comment

Thanks! Jay22.

A new version, 20150304, is available now.
              Check the initial post for the information and the link.

Basically the past week I started to use new placeholder textures and materials to visualize the basic concept. As you can see in the new video or the screenshot, the map is going to be a facility built somewhere not far from a city. It is surrounded by a river, and mountains, roads, maybe bridges in the background, and a big cable or tube system, which I don't know what it is yet, is coming down from the back mountain towards the city.
              At the moment, I think the lighting will be mostly the dawn sunlight, the slime emissive green light, and some warm lights in the corridors plus fluorescent lights.

Well, it is still in prototype phase or placeholder phase, the textures I used are just there to test the basic compositions. At this point I am open to any ideas about the visual.

Oh, the new UT build is awesome! I am blown away by Outpost 23. It just sets a very high bar for the visual quality.

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                The Latest Version:
                [...]

>>>>> Download The Pak <<<<<

[...]
                hi! ty for this nice looking deck-remake.
                i am on the latest build an unable to play your map (have not yet downloaded a previous version of it).

i placed the .pak into the paks-dir and ingame your map does not appear so i renamed your map from: "DM-Deck-CLee_20150304.pak" to: "DM-Deck-CLee-WindowsNoEditor.pak" to ""DM-Deck-CLee_20150304-WindowsNoEditor.pak" - but your map is still not appearing ingame... what am i doing wrong?

thank you in advance for a a quick reply!

Comment

Originally posted by dWLkR View Post
                  hi! ty for this nice looking deck-remake.
                  i am on the latest build an unable to play your map (have not yet downloaded a previous version of it).

i placed the .pak into the paks-dir and ingame your map does not appear so i renamed your map from: "DM-Deck-CLee_20150304.pak" to: "DM-Deck-CLee-WindowsNoEditor.pak" to ""DM-Deck-CLee_20150304-WindowsNoEditor.pak" - but your map is still not appearing ingame... what am i doing wrong?

thank you in advance for a a quick reply!
                  The same thing happened to me too I want to try out the new version lol

Comment

REALLY great job! You've put a lot of work into it and it shows I had fun exploring.

One thing, maybe change the glass textures and forcefield textures so they are more visible.

Keep up the great work!
                    Win 10
                    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
                    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Your map has such great improvements that original deck doesnt.
                      My suggestion: in UT3 we can jump over the slime pool by double jump+walldodge here
                      but in UT4 we cant, so maybe an additionat platforms will help? Like that
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by e1vp; 05-04-2015, 04:07 AM.

Comment

this map needs to be recooked under the latest build 5/1!

.... new version please!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Whatever happened to this map? It's been a while since it had any development.

Comment

like I indicated above, threw this back on the server only to find lots of default material showing now!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

So no new updates on this?

Comment

Sorry guys, i haven't been showing up here for quite some time. More than a half year now.
                                I am very busy with my real life job. Basically 9am to 9pm stressful work every day. And this situation will keep going for at least more than one month, until the project i work for reach a critical milestone.
                                But I didn't stop working on this one.
                                I am uploading the new version. Will be online very soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X