Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thanks for the heads up! Good luck with that milestone.
    work: www.POLEGAR.pt

    Comment


      Originally posted by e1vp View Post
      Your map has such great improvements that original deck doesnt.
      My suggestion: in UT3 we can jump over the slime pool by double jump+walldodge here
      but in UT4 we cant, so maybe an additionat platforms will help? Like that
      I thought about that.
      That was why in some early versions I added some extra trims and a pad sticking out from that pillar.
      I will keep this in mind. But can't say for sure i will add it.

      Originally posted by effects69 View Post
      REALLY great job! You've put a lot of work into it and it shows I had fun exploring.

      One thing, maybe change the glass textures and forcefield textures so they are more visible.

      Keep up the great work!
      Thanks!
      They are both placeholder materials, the force field was a cheap solution to block the player and it might just get removed.

      Originally posted by Kypperstyx View Post
      The same thing happened to me too I want to try out the new version lol
      Originally posted by dWLkR View Post
      hi! ty for this nice looking deck-remake.
      i am on the latest build an unable to play your map (have not yet downloaded a previous version of it).

      i placed the .pak into the paks-dir and ingame your map does not appear so i renamed your map from: "DM-Deck-CLee_20150304.pak" to: "DM-Deck-CLee-WindowsNoEditor.pak" to ""DM-Deck-CLee_20150304-WindowsNoEditor.pak" - but your map is still not appearing ingame... what am i doing wrong?

      thank you in advance for a a quick reply!
      Sorry for disappearing for such a long time.
      I guess that was because of the UT build iteration. Sometimes the old paks don't work anymore in a new UT build, and there doesn't seem to be a fix unless you re-cook the map, but then you will need the uncooked version of the map, which i didn't provide.

      I will try to avoid this from happening again.

      Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
      Thanks for the heads up! Good luck with that milestone.
      Thank you!
      Well I hope we can finish all the things we want to do before the milestone but the schedule is just too tight.
      [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

      My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

      Comment


        I have updated the thread. The new version, Deck8_20150920, is available for download. It was cooked a few hours ago with the latest UT build.

        What is Deck8? You might ask. Basically it is based on Deck_CLee. I modified the "new" stuff to make it closer to the traditional Deck.
        For now I feel 8 is a OK number and probably I am going to name Deck_CLee as Deck9.

        There are two major updates in this map.
        - BSP brushes are mostly gone. Replaced with static meshes, so that i now know what and how many meshes this map needs. They are still WIP meshes with the same grey texture and a simple material. Just to show the shapes and the construction.
        - Modifications to make this one more like the Deck we are familiar with. Deck-CLee has some quite different elements, which is cool and fun from a mapper's POV, but i figured maybe I could base on that to make a version closer to the previous Decks. And both maps can share assets. I just couldn't resist.
        [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

        My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

        Comment


          Wow, really nice mesh work !
          I'm curious about the materials you plan to use... Hope something different thanthe rregular white n orangey stuff we had lately Bricks ? Concrete? Rust ?

          Comment


            Requests:
            1. A duel version without the extra flak/goo hallway from ut2k3 (bad for duel, way too easy to avoid fights/run away).

            2. The pit is smaller than it used to be and is missing a box that made fights much more dynamic down there. If you look at the UT99 version and Epic's Deck-Test you will see that the lift/pit is actually "skinnier" and is missing the box to jump up to rocket ammo with, which gave a lot more options for fighting down there. I don't know if yours is based on Epic's shell but counting the squares between the editors the UT99 "pit" is 8x4 and the UT4 one is 10x6 and it's smaller when going by dodges as well so unfortunately there isn't room to add that box without moving the lifts back and increasing the pit the size of a small box.
            Last edited by chicken-; 09-19-2015, 05:21 PM.

            Comment


              Which box are you describing? That small box next to health? That was one of the most frustrating things on original deck It doesn't makes fight more dynamic, I would say "more random", becuase it's the place where a lot of players has the movement problems caused by that little box. In ut3 lifts area works a way better than in ut99... ut3 had better deck in general :P
              Last edited by rAge.; 09-19-2015, 05:45 PM.

              Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

              Comment


                Thanks chonglee!

                This is playable in Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub.

                Note to anyone interested in trying the map: You can start a match on this map by yourself. Click to start and a bot joins after a minute. OR select the bot skill level and the round fills with bots.

                Comment


                  Deck8 looks amazing. Love the open wall behind the jump boots, what a great idea. Well done chonglee.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by toninus View Post
                    Wow, really nice mesh work !
                    I'm curious about the materials you plan to use... Hope something different thanthe rregular white n orangey stuff we had lately Bricks ? Concrete? Rust ?
                    Thanks!
                    Not sure yet. I am going to look for references, try different palette. And think about lighting. Maybe something a little bit rusty or abandoned, we will see.

                    Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                    Requests:
                    1. A duel version without the extra flak/goo hallway from ut2k3 (bad for duel, way too easy to avoid fights/run away).

                    2. The pit is smaller than it used to be and is missing a box that made fights much more dynamic down there. If you look at the UT99 version and Epic's Deck-Test you will see that the lift/pit is actually "skinnier" and is missing the box to jump up to rocket ammo with, which gave a lot more options for fighting down there. I don't know if yours is based on Epic's shell but counting the squares between the editors the UT99 "pit" is 8x4 and the UT4 one is 10x6 and it's smaller when going by dodges as well so unfortunately there isn't room to add that box without moving the lifts back and increasing the pit the size of a small box.
                    A duel version like that will be a Deck16][ remake. I will be lying if i say not interested.

                    Which small box? The one next to the double health packs or the one with the rl ammo?
                    And NO, my version isn't based on Epic's shell. I don't quite understand the 8x4 or 10x6 you mentioned here. What is smaller? There isn't room in which map?

                    I did a quick PS work to show the differences between Deck-Test and Deck8.

                    Actually there is more space in Deck8, from the shock rifle side to the double healths, it is 1250uu in Deck8, 200 more than Deck-Test.
                    And the ammo positions are different. The yellow, the green, and the blue lines show the possible movements for jumping around and grabbing the ammos.
                    Overall I feel that area could be simplified by removing one small box and organizing the rest. There could still be a lot dynamic.

                    Thanks for the comments!

                    Originally posted by rAge. View Post
                    Which box are you describing? That small box next to health? That was one of the most frustrating things on original deck It doesn't makes fight more dynamic, I would say "more random", becuase it's the place where a lot of players has the movement problems caused by that little box. In ut3 lifts area works a way better than in ut99... ut3 had better deck in general :P
                    Yeah I feel that too.

                    Originally posted by the_ROCK View Post
                    Thanks chonglee!

                    This is playable in Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub.

                    Note to anyone interested in trying the map: You can start a match on this map by yourself. Click to start and a bot joins after a minute. OR select the bot skill level and the round fills with bots.
                    Thanks for hosting this map!


                    Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
                    Deck8 looks amazing. Love the open wall behind the jump boots, what a great idea. Well done chonglee.
                    Still rough though. There are a lot of things to improve.
                    Thanks!
                    Last edited by chonglee; 09-20-2015, 11:24 AM.
                    [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

                    My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

                    Comment


                      I can't play the map for the moment but looking your latest version, it look amazing !!!

                      With rudimentary materials, it make the meshes geometry "pop" and honestly, they look superbly designed

                      Can't wait to try the map this week
                      Stevie's corner
                      Maps, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                      Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

                      Comment


                        Wow, what an incredible update! Good to see you still working on this even with a crazy work schedule.
                        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

                        Comment


                          Deck8_20150920

                          I must say, bravo !

                          The only thing that I was asking myself is why there are 2 weapon pickups of most all the weapons except the Link & Stinger ?

                          I have small stuff to comments.

                          1) After playing for a while I thought that the corridor between the RL (left) and the lifts (right) is rather empty of something worthy. I notice the helmet isn't in the map (or I din't saw it) ? My suggestion is to add a crate (1 or 2) with the helmet inside. It would add something worthy in that part of the map, add a bit of cover in those long line of sights and some cool moves too I was thinking of those spots for putting the crate(s) :

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Deck8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	341600

                          2) There are 2x RL ammo on crates beside the Flak (located at the top left from the attached pic). I don't understand why they are place there simply because putting yourself in danger for ammo pickups isn't worth it if there are other around the level.

                          For the map in general, it's "Chong Lee's" standard for sure ! I truly enjoy this version in all regard

                          Excellent work m8
                          Last edited by Stevelois; 09-22-2015, 01:28 PM.
                          Stevie's corner
                          Maps, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                          Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

                          Comment


                            Hey Chong. I really really like deck8 and was wondering if you could make a version that has a few basic solid colors applied to all of the meshes, along with a few blocking volume improvements. Novaz and I are considering it for an upcoming duel tournament.

                            Thanks!
                            -Neil (CaptainMigrane)
                            Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

                            Comment


                              Also, I think the layout is pretty good in its current state. The Thighpad up top near sniper is good. Very similar to ut3 deck which I believe produced the best gameplay.
                              Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

                              Comment


                                It's coming along real nice! I can't wait to see it finished! Please request it on the AW server!
                                Win 10
                                iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                                Maps:
                                DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                                2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X