No announcement yet.

[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice and it looks more playable then other decks versions, good work so far
    MSI Z170A GAMING M5 | i7-6700k 4GHz | 4x4GB DDR4 - 2666MHz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | ASUS IPS 120Hz 1440P | Audioengine D1 + Sennheiser HD650 | WIN 10 x64

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
      I can't play the map for the moment but looking your latest version, it look amazing !!!

With rudimentary materials, it make the meshes geometry "pop" and honestly, they look superbly designed

Can't wait to try the map this week
      I must say, bravo !

The only thing that I was asking myself is why there are 2 weapon pickups of most all the weapons except the Link & Stinger ?

I have small stuff to comments.

1) After playing for a while I thought that the corridor between the RL (left) and the lifts (right) is rather empty of something worthy. I notice the helmet isn't in the map (or I din't saw it) ? My suggestion is to add a crate (1 or 2) with the helmet inside. It would add something worthy in that part of the map, add a bit of cover in those long line of sights and some cool moves too I was thinking of those spots for putting the crate(s) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20124[/ATTACH]

2) There are 2x RL ammo on crates beside the Flak (located at the top left from the attached pic). I don't understand why they are place there simply because putting yourself in danger for ammo pickups isn't worth it if there are other around the level.

For the map in general, it's "Chong Lee's" standard for sure ! I truly enjoy this version in all regard

Excellent work m8
      Hi Stevelois!
      Thanks for the comment!

Isn't that a tradition to have only one pickup for both Link and Stinger? Maybe Deck 9 could use some different setup. I will give it a try.

You've got a point about the emptiness of that particular area. I am not sure if the helmet is really needed though, as there are already vials just nearby. But it seems an interesting idea to put the helmet in a crate there.

The reason behind the double RL ammos in that Flak room is mostly i want to make that area worth visiting (2x RL ammo and 2x Flak ammo) + this makes you move through the RL corridor if you intend to use RL more.

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
      Wow, what an incredible update! Good to see you still working on this even with a crazy work schedule.
      Hey M^uL, how do you do?
      Yeah that's crazy schedule. Hope the next project won't be like that.

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
      Hey Chong. I really really like deck8 and was wondering if you could make a version that has a few basic solid colors applied to all of the meshes, along with a few blocking volume improvements. Novaz and I are considering it for an upcoming duel tournament.

Thanks!
      -Neil (CaptainMigrane)
      Yes I can do that!
      Let me know where you feel some blocking volume work is needed.

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
      Also, I think the layout is pretty good in its current state. The Thighpad up top near sniper is good. Very similar to ut3 deck which I believe produced the best gameplay.
      I am glad you like it! The thighpad was not there until 2 days before the release.
      Thanks!

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
      It's coming along real nice! I can't wait to see it finished! Please request it on the AW server!
      Thanks! I can't wait too. But there are still lots to do.

Originally posted by Grommie View Post
      Very nice and it looks more playable then other decks versions, good work so far
      Thanks! That's a big compliment!
      [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Only seeing this now, great job on the geometry man !
        RASTE IN PEACE !
        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
        Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Finally got to play the latest build this weekend. Gameplay-wise, it feels perfectly scaled to me. On the visual side, it is so much better than Epic's Deck port that is in the game right now even without materials on the meshes. On its current trajectory, I could easily seeing this sitting on the Marketplace as THE Deck map.
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
            Only seeing this now, great job on the geometry man !
            Thanks!

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
            Finally got to play the latest build this weekend. Gameplay-wise, it feels perfectly scaled to me. On the visual side, it is so much better than Epic's Deck port that is in the game right now even without materials on the meshes. On its current trajectory, I could easily seeing this sitting on the Marketplace as THE Deck map.
            I hope I won't disappoint you.
            I think Epic hasn't put much effort into DeckTest. There is no doubt if they want they can make another great Deck.
            I am just trying to make something for fun.

---------------

Some changes I have done after these several days.
            * Thanks to CaptainMigraine and Stevelois for the useful suggestions!

Added railing to reduce the possibility of falling off.

Added boxes here. It provides a little bit extra cover and extra height.

Obviously you know where this idea is from. The box here can also allow you to wall dodge away from that area.

Feels better

Same

Remove the backside, so this health pack can be reached from both sides.

Reduced the size of the cap. Collision is also better.

Helmet added here. Please let me know what do you feel about this.

Removed the bar here. With bar or without bar, both have it's reason.

This curvy corner thing is bigger.

No shoot through. Glass added.

This window is blocked. Later I will also add glass there.

Smoothen the collision.

Pipe for extra opportunity to go up from the right side.

Fixed several collision issues and made the visual consistent with the collision.

I was very close to release the new version but right before uploading i noticed there are some lighting issues with the remaining BSP objects. I will have to tweak a bit and rebuild the light, which will take a few hours so i am going to leave my computer to do that overnight.
            Will upload the map tomorrow morning (that's your tonight if you are on the other side of the earth).

Comment

Not sure if the flak should be on the box like that. It should probably just be in front of the box because it will probably be a hassle for newer players. I do like the idea of the box though and it should stay. Can a player wall dodge off that box onto the floor to the left? I think if it can't be reached it should!

Comment

Awesome changes! Appreciate everything you have done with this new version. Digging the new textures (even if temporary).

@Numb.51, yes the box was added because I mentioned to chonglee that there should be a way to dodge up there. At first, I recommended a slant that you can dodge up, then wall dodge off, but this works just as well.

Can't wait to play this version!

Also, I think the helmet is a good addition. It aids the flak pit spawn, which has always been one of the worst spawns imo. Now you are headshot resistant. Being up on the boxes is probably good because it's not just a grab and run pickup, it requires a slight bit of effort to reach, and slows you down slightly. All of this is good.

-Neil (CaptainMigraine)
                Last edited by Neilz0r; 09-30-2015, 12:12 PM.
                Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post

you're doing a great job. i'd suggest just that you make those details in meshes a little more robust. such as those highlighted in this picture. i am pretty sure it will make the end result look better.
                  PLEASE CHECK MY DUEL MAP >> DM-Central <<

Comment

Glad to see my feedback implemented in the next release

The only thing that make me sad is the fact we won't be able to shoot the redeemer in the round window above. It is a cool aspect of your Deck version that I really like

All the other stuff you mention is for the better for sure
                    Stevie's corner
                    Maps : DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

holy moly Chong since the last time I visited this thread I noticed this map has progressed a lot! nice suggestion from stevelois , I like a lot dude! are you planning any sort of industrial-tech style in your map? Looks promising!

Comment

Glad to see my feedback implemented in the next release

The only thing that make me sad is the fact we won't be able to shoot the redeemer in the round window above. It is a cool aspect of your Deck version that I really like

All the other stuff you mention is for the better for sure
                        Hmm, yes that could be cool. No worry then, I will make sure the redeemer can still go through there, which means it won't be glass blocking it.

Thanks!

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
                        holy moly Chong since the last time I visited this thread I noticed this map has progressed a lot! nice suggestion from stevelois , I like a lot dude! are you planning any sort of industrial-tech style in your map? Looks promising!
                        Hey darksonny, how do you do?
                        Yes, industrial theme. Still trying to figure out what exactly it could be.

Comment

The uploading is finally done.

Get 20150930 from here:
                          http://www.wuala.com/chongleebnw/Pub...sNoEditor.pak/

And some screenshots.

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
                          Your map has such great improvements that original deck doesnt.
                          My suggestion: in UT3 we can jump over the slime pool by double jump+walldodge here

but in UT4 we cant, so maybe an additionat platforms will help? Like that
                          I did something about it in the 20150930.

I added extra volume to the lower half of the belt pillar. The upper picture is how it looks like currently in game. The below shows you the collision shape, and you can jump or dodge there and then try wall dodging away from there as fast as possible, because that extra trims are under the fluid surface.

Still WIP and i feel it might be a little bit too difficult currently to be actually useful.
                          Last edited by chonglee; 10-01-2015, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Marvelous update Chong Look **** niiiiiiiiice

Will try asap!!!
                            Stevie's corner
                            Maps : DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Very cool man, looks like you are heading in a great direction in terms of visual clarity. Looking forward to giving this a proper spin some time..

Awesome job!

Comment

We have to make this deck by default and remove the original one. chonglee is one of the best mappers in this forum because he analyze gameplay on map then he make a map itself and ofc he listen ppl and try to implement some ideas. Man you have flair in mapping. Epics should take you as a mapper.

Comment

Working...
                                X