No announcement yet.

[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And 1 idea again. For more oldschool looking and and better visual clarity it must be without sun light on top. Lamplight is everything it needs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by e1vp; 10-01-2015, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
      And 1 idea again. For more oldschool looking and and better visual clarity it must be without sun light on top. Lamplight is everything it needs.
      Let's try it out for a bit with sunlight. It's another way to make it new and fresh. The UDK version of the UT3 Deck looked great in the sunlight with the improved lighting engine.
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
        And some screenshots.
        This really reminds me of Dishonored architecture. Love it!
        Last edited by _Lynx; 10-01-2015, 02:05 PM. Reason: damn typos
        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I love this! I can't wait to take it for a spin.
          Stacey Conley
          -----------------------------
          Unreal Tournament Community Manager
          Epic Games, Inc.
          Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

This should definitely be the official deck. It's scaled great and the elevator room is no longer cumbersome to navigate. Not to mention the non slanted walls allow wall running unlike the typical deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
              Marvelous update Chong Look **** niiiiiiiiice

Will try asap!!!
              Thanks! Looking forward to your feedback. Let me know how do you feel about the boxes I added in that curvy corridor.

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
              Very cool man, looks like you are heading in a great direction in terms of visual clarity. Looking forward to giving this a proper spin some time..

Awesome job!
              Thanks! I hope when the details getting added into the map, the visual clarity could still be well maintained. This is the kind of things that make building UT maps quite fun.

We have to make this deck by default and remove the original one. chonglee is one of the best mappers in this forum because he analyze gameplay on map then he make a map itself and ofc he listen ppl and try to implement some ideas. Man you have flair in mapping. Epics should take you as a mapper.
              Thanks for your kind words!
              There are plenty of very talented ppl and many of them contribute much more than me. I am just a mapping hobbyist and trying to do a little bit.

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
              Let's try it out for a bit with sunlight. It's another way to make it new and fresh. The UDK version of the UT3 Deck looked great in the sunlight with the improved lighting engine.
              I do feel the sun light brightening the upper deck a little bit too much. But this is just a WIP fast lighting setup. The actual lighting pass will be started when the visual details (mesh, texture, material) are all in.
              I guess I will probably still keep some sun light because there are outdoor background and the vista. At the same time I will try to look for some old school feelings in those indoor areas.

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
              This really reminds me of Dishonored architecture. Love it!
              Oh..didn't think of that. Need to replay that game to see what references I could get from it.

Originally posted by Flak View Post
              I love this! I can't wait to take it for a spin.
              Thanks Flak! Hope you enjoy it!

Originally posted by Numb.51 View Post
              This should definitely be the official deck. It's scaled great and the elevator room is no longer cumbersome to navigate. Not to mention the non slanted walls allow wall running unlike the typical deck.
              I am glad so far the scale is well accepted. It took quite some time to tweak it. And it's quite satisfying to see the vertical walls finally mean something useful. I was once not so sure about it (before there was the wall sliding) because the slanted walls are the iconic Deck looks.
              [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Just played a couple of offline rounds with the 9/30 update. Wow, what a huge visual update with textures on the meshes. The visibility is fantastic and the visuals are classic chonglee, super clean and tidy. Awesome job!

You probably know this already but the bots have an affinity for jumping in the goo pit over and over.

Keep up the great work on this!
                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Wowzers. A superb remake. I love the little tweaks, the clean looks, the more open corridors, the overall clarity. Its like night and day compared to UT3 deck.

Also, the flat walls make the new wall running movement possible (unlike the deck test map currently released with pre-alpha).

Great work.

Comment

I don't think there's anything wrong with the brighter upper deck

Comment

Hi, awesome job! I am especially surprised by small size of the package.

Visuals are superb, gameplay as well. A bit laggy on my low-end laptop (2020M pentium dual 2,4 Ghz, 8750M, 8GB DDR3) so whatever optimisations would be nice. Not worse than TitanPass though.

I played a full match with bots yet I completely forgot to take a look on the hall's ceiling to see if I like the sunlight, but it looks great on screens - I like those warm colours.

I will certainly give it a few more runs and let you know again. GJ!

Comment

Looks really great! Ton of fun playing it the other night. Keep up the awesome work!

Comment

DM-Deck8_20150930

Well Chong,

Greaaaaaaat update

Had few rounds and everything made since the previous version is awesome !

Also, I really like your lighting scheme and I'm eager to see this level properly textured

PLZ, now, stop making changes, it's the best Deck I've played since UT99
                          Stevie's corner
                          Maps : DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

This should be the official Deck. It's like 2-3x as fun as the current official Deck, no kidding. I'm a bit of a Deck hater personally but this feels fresh and I agree with the scaling. Because of the added room, the flow is just so much better. For me the official Deck is just too cramped too spammy. This one hits the nail in terms of scaling for this installment for me.

I hope Epic takes some serious look at this.

There's just one thing I'd personally change.... the elevator speed. It feels tiny bit too slow for me, I keep jumping off of it too early because it moves slower and it doesn't give that upwards momentum therefore like in the official UT4 one / UT3 deck for example but I'm glad to see the annoying bars gone at the elevators, I personally prefer it without them.

EDIT: I'd consider also removing or repositioning (in front of the box on the floor, next to the wall) that one sniper ammo on top of the added boxes in the corner coming from the elevator part and making your way to the left-side hallway. The sniper ammo there obscures much of your view or aim of sight so it can become an annoyance.
                            Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 10-05-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Official deck indeed. Although, it will be difficult for Epic to let go of Facing Worlds and Deck 16. It's their trademark maps..

They will do something, and chonglee challenged Epic to see who's best. And ****, Epic will have a really hard time beating this, but I am sure they are loving it!

Let the games begin
                              work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Nice design and realisation. When someone can't finish the "Deck-test" map forward, you did your own variant. Great job!
                                DM-Aerowalk| DM-StompingGrounds

Comment

Working...
                                X