No announcement yet.

[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, ArchviZ 3D artist for some quick visual feedback here !

First of all, great job on the overvall ambience and the 3D detail, i really love the "old school metalic beams with modern concrete" style. It feels like a mix of an old train station and soviet factory, really cool !
    I don't know what's been done and what's not (i can't download the map to check in-game right now so this is only low res screenshots based) but here are some quick thoughts :
    - I think an old, a little bit rusty material with dirt masks would be great on the beams. You probably know it, but you can find some great examples / tiled textures on http://www.cgtextures.com/
    - Concrete material is nice, but a bit of variation would greatly improve the whole thing by breaking the repetition. I'm thinking about some unwraped dirts / leaks on sections of walls, stuff like that. Outpost 23 is a great example of that kind of things.
    - I'm not a big fan of curved ramps in the main room, it doesn't feel "natural" to me, purely visual and not architecturally legit. That said i agree it's very subjective ^^
    - Suspended lamps 3D models need a little rework, maybe with metal wire + cables suspending sytem and a more metalic / reflective mat, idk.

Hope this is not intrusive, those are just some personal thoughts and i really like your work. Can't wait to DL / test it when my connection is fixed

Comment

Great to see this on the stream today CL! Well deserved!
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Any chance of getting a duel variant of this without the extra goo/flak hallway?

Comment

it misses the angled walls in the corridors.. besides that, it's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
            it misses the angled walls in the corridors.. besides that, it's nice.
            do the angled walls add anything important to the gameplay of the map?

Comment

Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
              do the angled walls add anything important to the gameplay of the map?
              I suppose they are supposed to make it more dangerous for projectile weapons like rockets and flak, with the slant up, the wall is closer to the play space, the thing is, the slanted walls actually break UT2015's movement functionality by not allowing you to do wall maneuvers, so while it served a purpose in 99, it's not really fit for 2015, the straight walls play to the new additions and this is something that should be in the official design.

Comment

Sorry fo a stupid question... but what should i do with this this pak file? Where should i place it to make it run?

Comment

Originally posted by beLLych View Post
                  Sorry fo a stupid question... but what should i do with this this pak file? Where should i place it to make it run?
                  C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Content\Paks

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                    Great to see this on the stream today CL! Well deserved!
                    Just saw the stream too. Agreed, it was about time!
                    work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Very nice Deck-variation, chonglee! I enjoy that much more than the old Deck! I'm hosting it on "[UK] MacSlow's UT4-Server/HUB" now for custom TeamPlay DMs... enjoy!

Best regards...

MacSlow

Comment

it's starting to look amazing. i am really curious about how it's going to turn out in the end.
                        PLEASE CHECK MY DUEL MAP >> DM-Central <<

Comment

Ok, just had a match with a couple of bots and I do have to say that it looks and feels better then the regular Deck, really good job man.
                          - good work on making the map bigger, the corridor near the Armor was always problematic for me
                          - good choice of colors and placement

But, I don't like the elevator. It's to big and clumsy. I can not jump from it directly to the above platform as I can in the current one.

In the old Deck, when I step on the elevator, usually after just a few moments I jump to the right/left to the above platform and reach it without any problems. Here I fall down again if I do it that fast, I have to wait for a bit more and then jump from it, which means I'm slower and I can not escape from a situation as fast as I would like to...

But everything else is more then cool

Comment

Please fix bots navigation, they constantly die in acid.
                            Last edited by flamesoff_; 10-26-2015, 09:04 AM.
                            DM-Aerowalk| DM-StompingGrounds

Comment

Awesome map! Also, it's now available on the Forbidden Paradise HUB. One thing I noticed though is that the bots don't seem to realize that the slime is a danger zone. They kept committing suicide in the green slime for negative frags. I'm not much of a mapper, but I think there is some pain volume that can be applied.

forbiddenparadise.us

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                                Any chance of getting a duel variant of this without the extra goo/flak hallway?
                                Pretty please?

Comment

Working...
                                X