Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    I can't play the map for the moment but looking your latest version, it look amazing !!!

With rudimentary materials, it make the meshes geometry "pop" and honestly, they look superbly designed

Can't wait to try the map this week
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    I must say, bravo !

The only thing that I was asking myself is why there are 2 weapon pickups of most all the weapons except the Link & Stinger ?

I have small stuff to comments.

1) After playing for a while I thought that the corridor between the RL (left) and the lifts (right) is rather empty of something worthy. I notice the helmet isn't in the map (or I din't saw it) ? My suggestion is to add a crate (1 or 2) with the helmet inside. It would add something worthy in that part of the map, add a bit of cover in those long line of sights and some cool moves too I was thinking of those spots for putting the crate(s) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20124[/ATTACH]

2) There are 2x RL ammo on crates beside the Flak (located at the top left from the attached pic). I don't understand why they are place there simply because putting yourself in danger for ammo pickups isn't worth it if there are other around the level.

For the map in general, it's "Chong Lee's" standard for sure ! I truly enjoy this version in all regard

Excellent work m8
    Hi Stevelois!
    Thanks for the comment!

Isn't that a tradition to have only one pickup for both Link and Stinger? Maybe Deck 9 could use some different setup. I will give it a try.

You've got a point about the emptiness of that particular area. I am not sure if the helmet is really needed though, as there are already vials just nearby. But it seems an interesting idea to put the helmet in a crate there.

The reason behind the double RL ammos in that Flak room is mostly i want to make that area worth visiting (2x RL ammo and 2x Flak ammo) + this makes you move through the RL corridor if you intend to use RL more.

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
    Wow, what an incredible update! Good to see you still working on this even with a crazy work schedule.
    Hey M^uL, how do you do?
    Yeah that's crazy schedule. Hope the next project won't be like that.

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
    Hey Chong. I really really like deck8 and was wondering if you could make a version that has a few basic solid colors applied to all of the meshes, along with a few blocking volume improvements. Novaz and I are considering it for an upcoming duel tournament.

Thanks!
    -Neil (CaptainMigrane)
    Yes I can do that!
    Let me know where you feel some blocking volume work is needed.

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
    Also, I think the layout is pretty good in its current state. The Thighpad up top near sniper is good. Very similar to ut3 deck which I believe produced the best gameplay.
    I am glad you like it! The thighpad was not there until 2 days before the release.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
    It's coming along real nice! I can't wait to see it finished! Please request it on the AW server!
    Thanks! I can't wait too. But there are still lots to do.

Originally posted by Grommie View Post
    Very nice and it looks more playable then other decks versions, good work so far
    Thanks! That's a big compliment!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice and it looks more playable then other decks versions, good work so far

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's coming along real nice! I can't wait to see it finished! Please request it on the AW server!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, I think the layout is pretty good in its current state. The Thighpad up top near sniper is good. Very similar to ut3 deck which I believe produced the best gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Chong. I really really like deck8 and was wondering if you could make a version that has a few basic solid colors applied to all of the meshes, along with a few blocking volume improvements. Novaz and I are considering it for an upcoming duel tournament.

Thanks!
    -Neil (CaptainMigrane)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Deck8_20150920

I must say, bravo !

The only thing that I was asking myself is why there are 2 weapon pickups of most all the weapons except the Link & Stinger ?

I have small stuff to comments.

1) After playing for a while I thought that the corridor between the RL (left) and the lifts (right) is rather empty of something worthy. I notice the helmet isn't in the map (or I din't saw it) ? My suggestion is to add a crate (1 or 2) with the helmet inside. It would add something worthy in that part of the map, add a bit of cover in those long line of sights and some cool moves too I was thinking of those spots for putting the crate(s) :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deck8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	341600

2) There are 2x RL ammo on crates beside the Flak (located at the top left from the attached pic). I don't understand why they are place there simply because putting yourself in danger for ammo pickups isn't worth it if there are other around the level.

For the map in general, it's "Chong Lee's" standard for sure ! I truly enjoy this version in all regard

Excellent work m8
    Last edited by Stevelois; 09-22-2015, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, what an incredible update! Good to see you still working on this even with a crazy work schedule.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't play the map for the moment but looking your latest version, it look amazing !!!

With rudimentary materials, it make the meshes geometry "pop" and honestly, they look superbly designed

Can't wait to try the map this week

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by toninus View Post
    Wow, really nice mesh work !
    I'm curious about the materials you plan to use... Hope something different thanthe rregular white n orangey stuff we had lately Bricks ? Concrete? Rust ?
    Thanks!
    Not sure yet. I am going to look for references, try different palette. And think about lighting. Maybe something a little bit rusty or abandoned, we will see.

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
    Requests:
    1. A duel version without the extra flak/goo hallway from ut2k3 (bad for duel, way too easy to avoid fights/run away).

2. The pit is smaller than it used to be and is missing a box that made fights much more dynamic down there. If you look at the UT99 version and Epic's Deck-Test you will see that the lift/pit is actually "skinnier" and is missing the box to jump up to rocket ammo with, which gave a lot more options for fighting down there. I don't know if yours is based on Epic's shell but counting the squares between the editors the UT99 "pit" is 8x4 and the UT4 one is 10x6 and it's smaller when going by dodges as well so unfortunately there isn't room to add that box without moving the lifts back and increasing the pit the size of a small box.
    A duel version like that will be a Deck16][ remake. I will be lying if i say not interested.

Which small box? The one next to the double health packs or the one with the rl ammo?
    And NO, my version isn't based on Epic's shell. I don't quite understand the 8x4 or 10x6 you mentioned here. What is smaller? There isn't room in which map?

I did a quick PS work to show the differences between Deck-Test and Deck8.

Actually there is more space in Deck8, from the shock rifle side to the double healths, it is 1250uu in Deck8, 200 more than Deck-Test.
    And the ammo positions are different. The yellow, the green, and the blue lines show the possible movements for jumping around and grabbing the ammos.
    Overall I feel that area could be simplified by removing one small box and organizing the rest. There could still be a lot dynamic.

Thanks for the comments!

Originally posted by rAge. View Post
    Which box are you describing? That small box next to health? That was one of the most frustrating things on original deck It doesn't makes fight more dynamic, I would say "more random", becuase it's the place where a lot of players has the movement problems caused by that little box. In ut3 lifts area works a way better than in ut99... ut3 had better deck in general :P
    Yeah I feel that too.

Originally posted by the_ROCK View Post
    Thanks chonglee!

This is playable in Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub.

Note to anyone interested in trying the map: You can start a match on this map by yourself. Click to start and a bot joins after a minute. OR select the bot skill level and the round fills with bots.
    Thanks for hosting this map!

Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
    Deck8 looks amazing. Love the open wall behind the jump boots, what a great idea. Well done chonglee.
    Still rough though. There are a lot of things to improve.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by chonglee; 09-20-2015, 11:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Deck8 looks amazing. Love the open wall behind the jump boots, what a great idea. Well done chonglee.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks chonglee!

This is playable in Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub.

Note to anyone interested in trying the map: You can start a match on this map by yourself. Click to start and a bot joins after a minute. OR select the bot skill level and the round fills with bots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which box are you describing? That small box next to health? That was one of the most frustrating things on original deck It doesn't makes fight more dynamic, I would say "more random", becuase it's the place where a lot of players has the movement problems caused by that little box. In ut3 lifts area works a way better than in ut99... ut3 had better deck in general :P
    Last edited by rAge.; 09-19-2015, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Requests:
    1. A duel version without the extra flak/goo hallway from ut2k3 (bad for duel, way too easy to avoid fights/run away).

2. The pit is smaller than it used to be and is missing a box that made fights much more dynamic down there. If you look at the UT99 version and Epic's Deck-Test you will see that the lift/pit is actually "skinnier" and is missing the box to jump up to rocket ammo with, which gave a lot more options for fighting down there. I don't know if yours is based on Epic's shell but counting the squares between the editors the UT99 "pit" is 8x4 and the UT4 one is 10x6 and it's smaller when going by dodges as well so unfortunately there isn't room to add that box without moving the lifts back and increasing the pit the size of a small box.
    Last edited by chicken-; 09-19-2015, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, really nice mesh work !
    I'm curious about the materials you plan to use... Hope something different thanthe rregular white n orangey stuff we had lately Bricks ? Concrete? Rust ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have updated the thread. The new version, Deck8_20150920, is available for download. It was cooked a few hours ago with the latest UT build.

What is Deck8? You might ask. Basically it is based on Deck_CLee. I modified the "new" stuff to make it closer to the traditional Deck.
    For now I feel 8 is a OK number and probably I am going to name Deck_CLee as Deck9.

There are two major updates in this map.
    - BSP brushes are mostly gone. Replaced with static meshes, so that i now know what and how many meshes this map needs. They are still WIP meshes with the same grey texture and a simple material. Just to show the shapes and the construction.
    - Modifications to make this one more like the Deck we are familiar with. Deck-CLee has some quite different elements, which is cool and fun from a mapper's POV, but i figured maybe I could base on that to make a version closer to the previous Decks. And both maps can share assets. I just couldn't resist.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X