Clear All

Keep it going chonglee!
    work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Yes please, it's rough to see this rest so long

Comment

way better than current decktest which is so heavy

Comment

chonglee, you've been summoned by Epic! Get this baby repacked with the community WIP screenshot!
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

In case you hadn't seen it yet and are interested:

Community WIP Maps on Epic HUBs

Comment

Can anybody rehost the download for this, the webserver he was hosting it on no longer exists and he hasn't been around since his last post in October.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post
                Can anybody rehost the download for this, the webserver he was hosting it on no longer exists and he hasn't been around since his last post in October.
                Here's a link for it HERE.
                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Deck8_20150930-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Laambo/CommunityMaps/DM-Deck8_20150930-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="db04c71134a8dbcc51b404c5a384ea90")

MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Deck8_20150930

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

any recook info on this? so tired of having to play **** stock deck

Comment

I can't download this...the link doesn't work.
                      The new UT is coming along nicely...
                      Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

[MENTION=6230]iLikeTheUDK[/MENTION] The author didn't visit the forum for quite a while
                        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

This link doesn't work. Can you please add another one?
                          The new UT is coming along nicely...
                          Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                            This link doesn't work. Can you please add another one?
                            I see you're going around asking for non-rushbase links
                            this guy isn't around, and his version of deck hasn't worked in a looong time, would be nice to see him return :/

Comment

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
                              Just played a couple of offline rounds with the 9/30 update. Wow, what a huge visual update with textures on the meshes. The visibility is fantastic and the visuals are classic chonglee, super clean and tidy. Awesome job!

You probably know this already but the bots have an affinity for jumping in the goo pit over and over.

Keep up the great work on this!

Thanks! There will be a new version soon with the changes i've been doing this year. Hope you will like it.

Originally posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
                              Wowzers. A superb remake. I love the little tweaks, the clean looks, the more open corridors, the overall clarity. Its like night and day compared to UT3 deck.

Also, the flat walls make the new wall running movement possible (unlike the deck test map currently released with pre-alpha).

Great work.
                              I've been keep polishing the looks, the clarity and the walls will be even better.

Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
                              I don't think there's anything wrong with the brighter upper deck
                              The lighting in the version released last year was a placeholder setup, just to make sure things are clear to see.
                              The new lighting will be more UT-ish, and about the brightness/contrast, i am learning things from quake live maps. The result will hopefully be something good for visibility and cool to look.

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
                              Hi, awesome job! I am especially surprised by small size of the package.

Visuals are superb, gameplay as well. A bit laggy on my low-end laptop (2020M pentium dual 2,4 Ghz, 8750M, 8GB DDR3) so whatever optimisations would be nice. Not worse than TitanPass though.

I played a full match with bots yet I completely forgot to take a look on the hall's ceiling to see if I like the sunlight, but it looks great on screens - I like those warm colours.

I will certainly give it a few more runs and let you know again. GJ!

The small size was only because it had just low poly custom meshes which using basically several materials based on very limited number of textures. It is getting bigger...
                              One year later, now i look back the visual was quite rough. Hopefully better (IMO) visuals are coming in the soon (well, not that soon) released version.

Originally posted by squizur View Post
                              Looks really great! Ton of fun playing it the other night. Keep up the awesome work!
                              Thanks! And sorry for keep you waiting for the new version.

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                              Well Chong,

Greaaaaaaat update

Had few rounds and everything made since the previous version is awesome !

Also, I really like your lighting scheme and I'm eager to see this level properly textured

PLZ, now, stop making changes, it's the best Deck I've played since UT99

Thanks for your kind words!

Sadly, right now, the latest version on my PC doesn't have that lighting anymore, but something different...
                              Changes are coming coz they were planned a long time ago. Well, many of them if not all.

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                              This should be the official Deck. It's like 2-3x as fun as the current official Deck, no kidding. I'm a bit of a Deck hater personally but this feels fresh and I agree with the scaling. Because of the added room, the flow is just so much better. For me the official Deck is just too cramped too spammy. This one hits the nail in terms of scaling for this installment for me.

I hope Epic takes some serious look at this.

There's just one thing I'd personally change.... the elevator speed. It feels tiny bit too slow for me, I keep jumping off of it too early because it moves slower and it doesn't give that upwards momentum therefore like in the official UT4 one / UT3 deck for example but I'm glad to see the annoying bars gone at the elevators, I personally prefer it without them.

EDIT: I'd consider also removing or repositioning (in front of the box on the floor, next to the wall) that one sniper ammo on top of the added boxes in the corner coming from the elevator part and making your way to the left-side hallway. The sniper ammo there obscures much of your view or aim of sight so it can become an annoyance.
                              Thanks!

To be honest, I started this map with an intention to make the Deck smaller. Back in 2014 I felt it doesn't have to be a big map to have a smooth flow...
                              I felt like I knew this map enough coz in 2004 i made a Deck remake for UT2K4, with that experience i could try something different this time. It's always like that, you start a new project with lots of ideas, until one by one you kill them off.

The elevator speed was actually quite close to DeckTest. The bars are not really a big deal once you can time the jump/dodge, mostly i just feel it makes the lift user too predictable.

As for the ammo, good point! I need to check what's the current situation in the map.

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
                              Official deck indeed. Although, it will be difficult for Epic to let go of Facing Worlds and Deck 16. It's their trademark maps..

They will do something, and chonglee challenged Epic to see who's best. And ****, Epic will have a really hard time beating this, but I am sure they are loving it!

Let the games begin

Thanks!

The pressure is on me... The progress is slow. Really sorry!

Originally posted by FlamesoFF1 View Post
                              Nice design and realisation. When someone can't finish the "Deck-test" map forward, you did your own variant. Great job!
                              Thanks!
                              IT TAKES A LOT TIME to make a good map or keep pushing the progress forward. (75% being the asset creation time...I hate it!)

Originally posted by Fulca View Post
                              Hi, ArchviZ 3D artist for some quick visual feedback here !

First of all, great job on the overvall ambience and the 3D detail, i really love the "old school metalic beams with modern concrete" style. It feels like a mix of an old train station and soviet factory, really cool !
                              I don't know what's been done and what's not (i can't download the map to check in-game right now so this is only low res screenshots based) but here are some quick thoughts :
                              - I think an old, a little bit rusty material with dirt masks would be great on the beams. You probably know it, but you can find some great examples / tiled textures on http://www.cgtextures.com/
                              - Concrete material is nice, but a bit of variation would greatly improve the whole thing by breaking the repetition. I'm thinking about some unwraped dirts / leaks on sections of walls, stuff like that. Outpost 23 is a great example of that kind of things.
                              - I'm not a big fan of curved ramps in the main room, it doesn't feel "natural" to me, purely visual and not architecturally legit. That said i agree it's very subjective ^^
                              - Suspended lamps 3D models need a little rework, maybe with metal wire + cables suspending sytem and a more metalic / reflective mat, idk.

Hope this is not intrusive, those are just some personal thoughts and i really like your work. Can't wait to DL / test it when my connection is fixed
                              Thanks Fulca!

Yes i know cgtextures. I was a subscriber until this year. The idea of rusty metals with dirt is actually in my plan.
                              I actually agree with your ideas! The map released last year was just with placeholder objects. They were there to show the overall rough shape.

Feedback like this is always much appreciated!

I feel very sorry for the late deliver of a new version.

Any chance of getting a duel variant of this without the extra goo/flak hallway?
                              That can be done! Actually i keep ideas like this in mind all the time so that once the main version is done, the derivations based on it could be relatively easy to do.

But i need to finish the main version first.

Great to see this on the stream today CL! Well deserved!
                              Thanks!

Originally posted by fury View Post
                              it misses the angled walls in the corridors.. besides that, it's nice.
                              Sometimes i miss that too.

Originally posted by Laokin View Post
                              I suppose they are supposed to make it more dangerous for projectile weapons like rockets and flak, with the slant up, the wall is closer to the play space, the thing is, the slanted walls actually break UT2015's movement functionality by not allowing you to do wall maneuvers, so while it served a purpose in 99, it's not really fit for 2015, the straight walls play to the new additions and this is something that should be in the official design.
                              Well said, although my initial reasoning behind this was different. When i started this map for Open Tournament, it was meant to be a more compact fast paced Deck, so the overall scale was smaller. To make it comfortable the walls had to be vertical to gave extra space, without enlarging the overall scale.
                              Of course wall jumping was also included.

Just saw the stream too. Agreed, it was about time!
                              Thanks!

Originally posted by shdw View Post
                              it's starting to look amazing. i am really curious about how it's going to turn out in the end.
                              I hope it will be something can surprise you, in a good way!

Originally posted by MacSlow View Post
                              Very nice Deck-variation, chonglee! I enjoy that much more than the old Deck! I'm hosting it on "[UK] MacSlow's UT4-Server/HUB" now for custom TeamPlay DMs... enjoy!

Best regards...

MacSlow
                              Thanks man!

Originally posted by SyZyGy' View Post
                              Ok, just had a match with a couple of bots and I do have to say that it looks and feels better then the regular Deck, really good job man.
                              - good work on making the map bigger, the corridor near the Armor was always problematic for me
                              - good choice of colors and placement

But, I don't like the elevator. It's to big and clumsy. I can not jump from it directly to the above platform as I can in the current one.

In the old Deck, when I step on the elevator, usually after just a few moments I jump to the right/left to the above platform and reach it without any problems. Here I fall down again if I do it that fast, I have to wait for a bit more and then jump from it, which means I'm slower and I can not escape from a situation as fast as I would like to...

But everything else is more then cool

Thanks! And the lift will be tweaked.

Originally posted by FlamesoFF1 View Post
                              Please fix bots navigation, they constantly die in acid.
                              That has to be fixed!

Originally posted by Lucid Dreams View Post
                              Awesome map! Also, it's now available on the Forbidden Paradise HUB. One thing I noticed though is that the bots don't seem to realize that the slime is a danger zone. They kept committing suicide in the green slime for negative frags. I'm not much of a mapper, but I think there is some pain volume that can be applied.
                              That was a navigation issue and will be addressed in the new version.

Keep it going chonglee!
                              It is going, although slower than i thought

Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
                              Yes please, it's rough to see this rest so long
                              Sorry about that. Time goes really fast...

chonglee, you've been summoned by Epic! Get this baby repacked with the community WIP screenshot!
                              Oops, i missed this one...

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
                              In case you hadn't seen it yet and are interested:

Community WIP Maps on Epic HUBs
                              Oh...i just came back from Mars. Good to know.

Sorry about that...

Here's a link for it HERE.
                              Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                              RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Deck8_20150930-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Laambo/CommunityMaps/DM-Deck8_20150930-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="db04c71134a8dbcc51b404c5a384ea90")

MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Deck8_20150930

Thanks a lot!!

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                              [MENTION=6230]iLikeTheUDK[/MENTION] The author didn't visit the forum for quite a while
                              Yes, one year later. This is a man sometimes get in huge laggy mode.

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
                              I see you're going around asking for non-rushbase links

this guy isn't around, and his version of deck hasn't worked in a looong time, would be nice to see him return :/
                              I am back! And soon will be the map. I just don't want to release anything before i feel it is releasable.
                              [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

To everyone waiting for the new version, I hope the wait will be over soon. Currently the map is somewhat in Beta, I am modelling the meshes, modifying the looks. The new version will be released, probably in weeks. I will try to push that as much earlier as i can.

I have to admit, the progress is way slower than i thought. Given the time i have for making maps, i should had planned the map in a different approach.

I will start to share the progress even when there is no version to release.
                                [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Working...
                                X