• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's alive!
    Welcome back dude, looking forward to seeing a continuation of your work

Comment

Glad to see your back

I thought you had leave the forums and stop working on your maps!
      Stevie's corner
      Maps,DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
      Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Best news today! Keep up the great work!

Comment

Happy to see you back, looking forward to the latest version
          Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Awesome!! Thank god you did not gave up. Can't wait
            work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Congratulations !!! Amazing work !!! I want to test it, send me a link please

My Last Fragmovie "Over the Top" 1080p@60fps

Comment

Ohh, great! Welcome back MF! o/
                DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
                My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
                My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Omigod, welcome back chonglee!! That was your longest hiatus in a while. You must have had some serious crunching at work.

This game NEEDS this Deck to be finished and built in to the game. Dear god, as much as it pains me to say it, I can barely play the old Deck anymore and quite often leave a server when it gets voted in. It really just doesn't fit anymore in UT4.

I hope you can find the time to finish it and put the old Deck out of its misery. By the way, there was a 15% scale increase while you were gone . Rattlesnake built a map scaler tool that might help you with that.
                  Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Thanks guys!! Good to see you here again!

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
                    By the way, there was a 15% scale increase while you were gone . Rattlesnake built a map scaler tool that might help you with that.
                    You mean the player character size? I noticed the characters are taller. And it feels good currently in my local version of Deck. Honestly from aesthetic POV the map looks a little bit too big so a bigger character is fine to me.
                    [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post

Thanks guys!! Good to see you here again!

You mean the player character size? I noticed the characters are taller. And it feels good currently in my local version of Deck. Honestly from aesthetic POV the map looks a little bit too big so a bigger character is fine to me.
                      Yeah I meant to say 15% character size increase which as you say, probably will be fine in the map since it might have been a tad too large.

Comment

Thanks MΛuL for reminding me that!

Recently I've been thinking quite a lot about how to achieve the balance between the visual clarity and the visual quality for today's arena shooter maps. And i am trying to use what i have learned and see if it could eventually be something great.

At some point i'd like to discuss more my opinions on this topic, although i haven't involved myself into those discussions previously.

Usually when we talk about visual clarity, it's mostly like less details, less or sometime more colors, different gamma, etc. But the more i think about, the more i feel it is more than that. It's not even just a visual problem.

I hope this map can somehow be my experiment on this.
                        Last edited by chonglee; 10-13-2016, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                          Recently I've been thinking quite a lot about how to achieve the balance between the visual clarity and the visual quality for today's arena shooter maps. And i am trying to use what i have learned and see if it could eventually be something great.

At some point i'd like to discuss more my opinions on this topic, although i haven't involved myself into those discussions previously.

Usually when we talk about visual clarity, it's mostly like less details, less or sometime more colors, different gamma, etc. But the more i think about, the more i feel it is more than that. It's not even just a visual problem.

I hope this map can somehow be my experiment on this.
                          The UT team at Epic have experimented with it for a long time. They revised the meshing on one of the CTF maps (now known as Titan Pass) after they've learned more about it. You can probably ask them.
                          The new UT is coming along nicely...
                          Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                            The UT team at Epic have experimented with it for a long time. They revised the meshing on one of the CTF maps (now known as Titan Pass) after they've learned more about it. You can probably ask them.
                            I've been following the threads about visual clarity and it's good to see Epic keeps experimenting better ways to achieve that
                            The visual clarity stuff in UT is a long known issue which can probably date back to UT2K3 or 2k4. Personally i started to think about it when mapping probably from a decade ago, but haven't yet done a systemic thinking to connect all the pieces together. There are many thoughts in my head which i hope i can start to write down and make it something presentable.

Comment

Personally I think you were building one of the only meshed maps that looked great detail wise yet had great visibility for competitive play. At the time you were working on this, Epic hadn't really come out with much content and I was hoping they would follow your lead. Unfortunately we ended up with fairly noisy maps which led to where we are now with brightskins essentially.

By the way, I know you're busy (me too) but you might consider getting on Discord since that is where most of the community discussion is happening. The main UT channel has Scinbed and others on there. Just go to THIS thread for the links.

Comment

Hey MΛuL, I tried Discord before but didn't really use it. I will probably start to use it in the coming days.

Yes I have to agree the maps are still quite noisy and things are not much different.

I just did a roadmap to show where the map is right now on the timeline.

And this:

The vista is still rough but you will see which direction it is heading to.
                                Last edited by chonglee; 10-17-2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X