Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20161030 release

Hi Chong

I'm sooooooooooo happy to see your returning and still working on this map.

I must say, all is for the better

The scale, pickup placement is fine for me. Lighting is also in the right way imo.

I really like your meshing. The exterior of the map will look fantastic as well when it will be finish!
    Stevie's corner
    Maps, DM-Dakylian B1, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
    Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

OUSTANDING work !

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
        A lighting test. Not sure if I like this or not (maybe that means i don't like it.)
        Am I the only one who thinks the structure above the Sniper Rifle looks out of place and totally like a dog house? I would try and make a far more vertical structure there instead (with antennas and things like that?), but I can't remember if there's something vertical already on the Redeemer side...

Regarding the lighting, I really like the colours, although I can't see in the skybox where that orange/yellow directional light is coming from. In the screenshot I think there's perhaps too much blue light, which could be balanced by making the directional light a little more vertical so there are more surfaces affected by it. Other than that, I think it's pretty cool!
        DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
        My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
        My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
          Hi Chong

I'm sooooooooooo happy to see your returning and still working on this map.

I must say, all is for the better

The scale, pickup placement is fine for me. Lighting is also in the right way imo.

I really like your meshing. The exterior of the map will look fantastic as well when it will be finish!
          Hey Stevelois!

Happy to see you too!! And not only you, it feels so good to see old names still hanging around, doing stuff for this game.

Thanks for the comment! The meshing still needs quite some work. I've been thinking about what to improve and it's going to be a long list of meshing work.

The exterior will look fantastic! I know it will be!

Originally posted by Dizzi View Post
          OUSTANDING work !
          Thanks for the kind words!

Originally posted by G.Lecter View Post
          Am I the only one who thinks the structure above the Sniper Rifle looks out of place and totally like a dog house? I would try and make a far more vertical structure there instead (with antennas and things like that?), but I can't remember if there's something vertical already on the Redeemer side...

Regarding the lighting, I really like the colours, although I can't see in the skybox where that orange/yellow directional light is coming from. In the screenshot I think there's perhaps too much blue light, which could be balanced by making the directional light a little more vertical so there are more surfaces affected by it. Other than that, I think it's pretty cool!
          Now that you mentioned that, it does look like a dog house... The door-like shape basically the same as the one above the teleporter exit, only a bit shorter. Yeah something vertical might help to break the dog-house feeling I guess. Will do something about it later.

The orange directional light is actually the sunlight, of course not the Sun. The color was the same as in the version I just released (in the OP) so you could check that, and the video.

Yes the blue sky light is definitely too much in that picture. The angle of the sunlight could still be tweaked in the future version like it had been changed several times in the previous versions, it's getting there. A more vertical sunlight lightening more surfaces could be wanted if it's needed to be more dominant, but for now i am trying to have: 1) The glowing pool and some other glowing stuff to be strong and visible. This means the daylight can't be too bright. 2) a darker sky with visible stars above. Yes this one is strange coz if it's daytime, how come the sky is dark, but I think it could be a small planet with less atmosphere and it feels Unreal anyway.
          [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Version 20161112 is now released:
            redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/users/chonglee45f9/DM-Deck8_20161112-WindowsNoEditor.pak
            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...wsNoEditor.pak

Basically the green goo is gone, replaced with red glowing radioactive material, and some other changes on the sky, and things around the middle of the flak hallway.

More screenshots are coming.

Update:

The red pool.

From above.

Rough placeholder for ideas.

The railway is now "emerged" from a portal. Placeholder mesh.

The small pit has been turned into another portal through which you can see the space.

You can see from the pictures that i am adding more space elements and trying to make things a bit more exotic by having portals. Expect to see the teleporter and the lift room side to also have something more interesting. For now things are all static. I will keep them as that until i finish the modelling.
            There are a few other changes like navmesh, collision, playerstarts, etc.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by chonglee; 11-13-2016, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
              Basically the green goo is gone
              But why...
              The new UT is coming along nicely...
              Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Because I really like this red glowing color and I didn't say the green goo is gone for ever.

Comment

Bigup for the update chonglee!
                  LoPing
                  Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Just ran around this map for a few minutes. WOW! This might be the first version of Deck I've ever played that I actually liked!

Love all the changes you've made. Widened some walkways, closed those stupid holes on the floor where the jump boots are, moved and opened up the Flak and Sniper ramp areas, removed the horizontal beams at the top of each lift, opened up that whole 100 armor area just a bit. And all the other small changes here and there. Nice job!!

I think the red radioactive material is interesting. Sorta reminds of the 2k4 version of the map. I would like to say, however, to be cautious with maps that have a general glow of any of the team colors, so that one doesn't have a visual advantage over the other. (Red team members blending in more with their background).

Looking forward to future updates!

Comment

I like the red pool better too Chong, great work can't wait to play Elim on it.

Comment

loving the look of this map...looking forward to seeing more
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

It's .... O.O Magic ....

Comment

Hi Chong, great work! But please, do right wall from minigun to the belt smooth. If I dodge to the right-left I often hitch up the projection on it.
                            Sorry my english, do you understand, what i mean?

Comment

I must say............

Chong, this is a beautiful set of colors, original and it look so **** nice! Keep it PLZ because it look fabulous with the overall theme and assets
                              Stevie's corner
                              Maps, DM-Dakylian B1, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                              Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

i mean that corner.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X