No announcement yet.

[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely! Maybe those dots, circle windows on the walls, will look better in red?

Comment

This version of Deck is great. I think the scaling in this version is much better than in the current official greybox, and moving through the map feels fun. Just from looking at the wip project you have I get the feeling its going to end up with a professional quality feel to it. Keep it up!

Comment

Nice map and great gameplay! I recorded a botmatch and will put my comments on it so I'll post it here once it's done.
        CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

Originally posted by DiXiMaN View Post
          Nice map and great gameplay! I recorded a botmatch and will put my comments on it so I'll post it here once it's done.
          Thanks! Looking forward to your comments!

Originally posted by Fjaru View Post
          This version of Deck is great. I think the scaling in this version is much better than in the current official greybox, and moving through the map feels fun. Just from looking at the wip project you have I get the feeling its going to end up with a professional quality feel to it. Keep it up!
          Thanks! I will try to make it as good as i can.

Originally posted by LAcy View Post
          Lovely! Maybe those dots, circle windows on the walls, will look better in red?
          Thanks!
          They could. Won't be easy to decide before i start to work on the materials.
          [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Don't worry. It's excellent map. I just had to suggest something to not make completely useless post

Comment

Thank you chonglee! Happy Holidays!
              LoPing
              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Date for new release ?

My Last Fragmovie "Over the Top" 1080p@60fps

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlayerLoRD. View Post
                  Date for new release ?
                  Sometime in 2341.

Comment

Just figured out that I can jump from the edge without get killed. Actually, I con not even kill myself

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	349237
                    Attached Files

Comment

Don't worry. It's excellent map. I just had to suggest something to not make completely useless post
                      haha! thanks!

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                      Thank you chonglee! Happy Holidays!
                      You too!

Originally posted by MasterPlayerLoRD. View Post
                      Date for new release ?
                      I am currently working on Deep Blue. Will probably give that map another update soon, and then back to Deck.

So it is like:

Deck --> Peak --> Deep Blue -->Deck-->...

I am aiming at having Deck back in January 2017.

Sometime in 2341.

That's only 3 centuries away!

Just figured out that I can jump from the edge without get killed. Actually, I con not even kill myself

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33151[/ATTACH]
                      OH.. I will fix that!!
                      Thanks for the report!

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post

That's only 3 centuries away!
                        No, that's just in time for the very first UT

Comment

Here is the gameplay video of this map which took me a while to finally upload it since my Internet connection went down last week.
                          I really liked the map!
                          Turn on subtitles for comments.
                          CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

No, that's just in time for the very first UT
                            Seriously it would be awesome to see such a tournament happen one day! Hope it will be named Unreal Tournament to honor this video game.

Originally posted by DiXiMaN View Post
                            Here is the gameplay video of this map which took me a while to finally upload it since my Internet connection went down last week.
                            I really liked the map!
                            Turn on subtitles for comments.
                            Thanks man!
                            Really appreciated the time and the trouble you went through to make this video!

A few comments based on your video:

@1m50s.
                            There you can wall run from that box to the 25A.

@2m50s.
                            There are times, the bots can't jump to those boxes. That is a nav issue introduced in the latest build of the game (check my previous post i did when i released the version).

[MENTION=50456]3[/MENTION]m28s.
                            Yeah the intention is to make that room less of a dead end, and to have more dynamic. Watching the video I am thinking maybe the railing could use a piece of solid plane, to provide the chance for splash damage.

@8m26s.
                            I thought and did tests on placing some items there. The idea was not new. In 2015 there was a similar catwalk but was then removed because of a series of layout change in the double HPs room.
                            Adding items might not be necessary as now on the sniper platform you can watch the 50A, the 25A (through the vent), and close to the double HPs, and to the flak. The vent itself is already very convenient as a shortcut.
                            I can see the need of using items to make the bots go there.

It is true I intentionally made the flak pool less dangerous in terms of not falling into the pool. But then, the ways out there are still predictable, either you wall dodge from the box or use the ramp.
                            Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                              Seriously it would be awesome to see such a tournament happen one day! Hope it will be named Unreal Tournament to honor this video game.
                              To players kill each other?! I don't think that respawn is going to be a option

Comment

Updated!

The Latest Version:

Download The Pak from One of The Links:
                                >>> Dropbox <<<
                                >>> MPF <<<
                                I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

For Server Setup:
                                Code:
                                MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Deck-CLee/DM-Deck8_20170127

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Deck8_20170127-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/users/chongleeb85e/DM-Deck8_20170127-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="40c5b21b47f0d0fbbe71a748c1c280fa")
                                Map Name (still code name):
                                Deck8

Changes:
                                - Updated several visual meshes
                                - Improved the lighting quality for several areas
                                - Fixed the killzone issue

Not many changes.

Didn't spend enough time these months in this map. I added some animated energy effects for the vents/tubes in the corridors, and the animated bullet "train" (more like a vessel). They work perfectly in the editor but fail to be loaded in game because of some "SceneComp" loading error of the level sequences. (Let me know if you happen to have the answer of how to fix this sequence issue)

Fixed the kill zone issue so that the volumes should now cover all the potential areas you will fall into.

So basically this is a re-cook version for the latest build of the game.

BTW, I noticed the dodge seems tweaked and now it is much more difficult to do a couple of specific wall dodges. For instance, the one from the bio room to the u damage. I guess I will have to do another pass of the layout to compensate for this change, if needed, but that will be for the next version.

Comment

Working...
                                X