[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxiNick View Post
    Hi Chong, great work! But please, do right wall from minigun to the belt smooth. If I dodge to the right-left I often hitch up the projection on it.
    Sorry my english, do you understand, what i mean?
    Haha, yeah i know that corner. It's a known issue in this version. It was not there in the previous version but in this version I added some placeholder objects affecting the collision.

This will be fixed in the next version.

Don't worry, your english looks good to me, I can fully understand you. But I must say english is not my native language so i won't judge anyone on that.

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    I must say............

Chong, this is a beautiful set of colors, original and it look so **** nice! Keep it PLZ because it look fabulous with the overall theme and assets
    I intend to keep the reddish color, but the final color and the lighting could still be changed once I have the meshes done. The current one looks good on these grey objects but when the actual materials come in things could be changed.

Originally posted by «MechikTåj» View Post
    Just ran around this map for a few minutes. WOW! This might be the first version of Deck I've ever played that I actually liked!

Love all the changes you've made. Widened some walkways, closed those stupid holes on the floor where the jump boots are, moved and opened up the Flak and Sniper ramp areas, removed the horizontal beams at the top of each lift, opened up that whole 100 armor area just a bit. And all the other small changes here and there. Nice job!!

I think the red radioactive material is interesting. Sorta reminds of the 2k4 version of the map. I would like to say, however, to be cautious with maps that have a general glow of any of the team colors, so that one doesn't have a visual advantage over the other. (Red team members blending in more with their background).

Looking forward to future updates!
    Agree the red color needs to be used in a more neutral way if possible, actually not only red or blue can have issues, any strong color can all damage the team colors. I will do further tweaking to be sure the final version will be good.

Originally posted by nes710 View Post
    I like the red pool better too Chong, great work can't wait to play Elim on it.
    Cool, thanks!

Originally posted by WarpSpasm View Post
    loving the look of this map...looking forward to seeing more
    Thanks! More are coming!

Originally posted by Dizzi View Post
    It's .... O.O Magic ....
    Haha, thanks!

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
    Bigup for the update chonglee!
    Thank you!
    [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Lovely! Maybe those dots, circle windows on the walls, will look better in red?

Comment

This version of Deck is great. I think the scaling in this version is much better than in the current official greybox, and moving through the map feels fun. Just from looking at the wip project you have I get the feeling its going to end up with a professional quality feel to it. Keep it up!

Comment

Nice map and great gameplay! I recorded a botmatch and will put my comments on it so I'll post it here once it's done.
          CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

Originally posted by DiXiMaN View Post
            Nice map and great gameplay! I recorded a botmatch and will put my comments on it so I'll post it here once it's done.
            Thanks! Looking forward to your comments!

Originally posted by Fjaru View Post
            This version of Deck is great. I think the scaling in this version is much better than in the current official greybox, and moving through the map feels fun. Just from looking at the wip project you have I get the feeling its going to end up with a professional quality feel to it. Keep it up!
            Thanks! I will try to make it as good as i can.

Originally posted by LAcy View Post
            Lovely! Maybe those dots, circle windows on the walls, will look better in red?
            Thanks!
            They could. Won't be easy to decide before i start to work on the materials.

Comment

Don't worry. It's excellent map. I just had to suggest something to not make completely useless post

Comment

Thank you chonglee! Happy Holidays!
                LoPing
                Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Date for new release ?

My Last Fragmovie "Over the Top" 1080p@60fps

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlayerLoRD. View Post
                    Date for new release ?
                    Sometime in 2341.

Comment

Just figured out that I can jump from the edge without get killed. Actually, I con not even kill myself

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	349237
                      Attached Files

Comment

Don't worry. It's excellent map. I just had to suggest something to not make completely useless post
                        haha! thanks!

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                        Thank you chonglee! Happy Holidays!
                        You too!

Originally posted by MasterPlayerLoRD. View Post
                        Date for new release ?
                        I am currently working on Deep Blue. Will probably give that map another update soon, and then back to Deck.

So it is like:

Deck --> Peak --> Deep Blue -->Deck-->...

I am aiming at having Deck back in January 2017.

Sometime in 2341.

That's only 3 centuries away!

Just figured out that I can jump from the edge without get killed. Actually, I con not even kill myself

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33151[/ATTACH]
                        OH.. I will fix that!!
                        Thanks for the report!

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post

That's only 3 centuries away!
                          No, that's just in time for the very first UT

Comment

Here is the gameplay video of this map which took me a while to finally upload it since my Internet connection went down last week.
                            I really liked the map!
                            Turn on subtitles for comments.
                            CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

No, that's just in time for the very first UT
                              Seriously it would be awesome to see such a tournament happen one day! Hope it will be named Unreal Tournament to honor this video game.

Originally posted by DiXiMaN View Post
                              Here is the gameplay video of this map which took me a while to finally upload it since my Internet connection went down last week.
                              I really liked the map!
                              Turn on subtitles for comments.
                              Thanks man!
                              Really appreciated the time and the trouble you went through to make this video!

A few comments based on your video:

@1m50s.
                              There you can wall run from that box to the 25A.

@2m50s.
                              There are times, the bots can't jump to those boxes. That is a nav issue introduced in the latest build of the game (check my previous post i did when i released the version).

[MENTION=50456]3[/MENTION]m28s.
                              Yeah the intention is to make that room less of a dead end, and to have more dynamic. Watching the video I am thinking maybe the railing could use a piece of solid plane, to provide the chance for splash damage.

@8m26s.
                              I thought and did tests on placing some items there. The idea was not new. In 2015 there was a similar catwalk but was then removed because of a series of layout change in the double HPs room.
                              Adding items might not be necessary as now on the sniper platform you can watch the 50A, the 25A (through the vent), and close to the double HPs, and to the flak. The vent itself is already very convenient as a shortcut.
                              I can see the need of using items to make the bots go there.

It is true I intentionally made the flak pool less dangerous in terms of not falling into the pool. But then, the ways out there are still predictable, either you wall dodge from the box or use the ramp.
                              Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                                Seriously it would be awesome to see such a tournament happen one day! Hope it will be named Unreal Tournament to honor this video game.
                                To players kill each other?! I don't think that respawn is going to be a option

Comment

Working...
                                X