• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated!

The Latest Version:

Download The Pak from One of The Links:
    >>> Dropbox <<<
    >>> MPF <<<
    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

For Server Setup:
    Code:
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Deck-CLee/DM-Deck8_20170127

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Deck8_20170127-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/users/chongleeb85e/DM-Deck8_20170127-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="40c5b21b47f0d0fbbe71a748c1c280fa")
    Map Name (still code name):
    Deck8

Changes:
    - Updated several visual meshes
    - Improved the lighting quality for several areas
    - Fixed the killzone issue

Not many changes.

Didn't spend enough time these months in this map. I added some animated energy effects for the vents/tubes in the corridors, and the animated bullet "train" (more like a vessel). They work perfectly in the editor but fail to be loaded in game because of some "SceneComp" loading error of the level sequences. (Let me know if you happen to have the answer of how to fix this sequence issue)

Fixed the kill zone issue so that the volumes should now cover all the potential areas you will fall into.

So basically this is a re-cook version for the latest build of the game.

BTW, I noticed the dodge seems tweaked and now it is much more difficult to do a couple of specific wall dodges. For instance, the one from the bio room to the u damage. I guess I will have to do another pass of the layout to compensate for this change, if needed, but that will be for the next version.
    [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Highly appreciated chonglee! BiGUp for the update!
      LoPing
      Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Thanks for the map, played today for the first time and this is awesome, much better than the official deck. I hope epic will replace their one with this

Comment

Great map...please do a re-cook for UT 0.1.8

Comment

recook please !!

My Last Fragmovie "Over the Top" 1080p@60fps

Comment

Really missing this map...hope you can find the time to re-cook soon.

Comment

Recook please

Comment

Sorry guys!

I will release the new version very soon.

These months are super busy, especially the recent weeks. Have been doing overtime every day and went home with numb brain.

Anyway, the new version is coming.

Comment

Your outdoor area seems like an intriguing start for a whole 'nother map project.

Comment

Hi everyone,

The new version has been uploaded.

The Latest Version:

Download The Pak from One of The Links:
                      >>> Dropbox <<<
                      >>> MPF <<<
                      I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

For Server Setup:
                      Code:
                      MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Deck-CLee/DM-Deck8_20170410

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Deck8_20170410-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/users/chongleeb85e/DM-Deck8_20170410-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="dd25f0ef3a91b851ab78ddddc2db1164")
                      Some lighting-only screenshots
                      {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDeck_20170410_01.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t315.1 KB ID:\t384062","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"384062","data-size":"full","title":"Deck_20170410_01.jpg"}
                      {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDeck_20170410_02.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t296.2 KB ID:\t384063","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"384063","data-size":"full","title":"Deck_20170410_02.jpg"}
                      {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDeck_20170410_03.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t403.1 KB ID:\t384064","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"384064","data-size":"full","title":"Deck_20170410_03.jpg"}
                      {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDeck_20170410_04.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t368.2 KB ID:\t384065","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"384065","data-size":"full","title":"Deck_20170410_04.jpg"}

axny

Yes that outdoor vista does looks like another interesting place. That's the fun part.
                      Last edited by chonglee; 04-14-2017, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I'm actually really digging the idea of a large map with a rail track in it. I always liked the levels that had some special interactive bit. UT doesn't traditionally have large maps, but, hey, what do you think as a level designer?

Comment

Originally posted by axny View Post
                          I'm actually really digging the idea of a large map with a rail track in it. I always liked the levels that had some special interactive bit. UT doesn't traditionally have large maps, but, hey, what do you think as a level designer?
                          The vista area in this map is not the biggest one of my maps. DM-DeepBlue actually has a MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger planet mesh in the background, to the point it almost feels uncomfortable to edit it. But I simply just love to do things like that.
                          I am going to post a picture to show how ridiculously big that mesh is.

Edit:

Even myself is amazed by how big it actually is, so i have to post although it is not about Deck.
                          Of course this is just the size. I always feel UT could have some crazy or dynamic vista or background in the maps. They don't necessarily increase the gameplay value, but UT is more than just shooting.

Last edited by chonglee; 04-13-2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Some nice progress posted chonglee! BigUp for the recook!
                            LoPing
                            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

You are the best

My Last Fragmovie "Over the Top" 1080p@60fps

Comment

Thanks for the update chonglee!
                                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Working...
                                X