No announcement yet.

[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say I am one of those who totally hates Deck16 now cause, I saw Deck16 since UT99 and it basicly never really changed. i always had this industrial style with that goo pit. Finally with Deck8 we now have and awesome version of Deck. Actually i have to say that i really like the Map since you have posted the first Version. Deck8 has the same vibes of the old Deck and it even feels like you are playing Deck but on the other hand it offers a totally new experience due to the awesome Detail Design and Layout changes you have put in. You gave the map your Signature and I think that is what is badly needed with Deck to make it interesting and competeable with the other cool UT Maps which are in right now.

great work and huge respect for amount of time you have put in..

Comment

Hi, Chong! Glad to see new versions! Thanks for yours job!!
      How you think, maybe better do diftent colors or tone walls and floor? I find it good idea, playing on deck test.
      Right now all grey, so cold =) and merge on one indistinguishable space...imo

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
        Some nice progress posted chonglee! BigUp for the recook!
        You are welcome!

Originally posted by LoRÐ. View Post
        You are the best
        Thanks for the support!

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
        Thanks for the update chonglee!
        I am always late in terms of rooking maps...

Originally posted by master94ga View Post
        Very nice update, thanks!
        Thanks for your kind words!

​​​​​​​
        Originally posted by ArKtur View Post
        I have to say I am one of those who totally hates Deck16 now cause, I saw Deck16 since UT99 and it basicly never really changed. i always had this industrial style with that goo pit. Finally with Deck8 we now have and awesome version of Deck. Actually i have to say that i really like the Map since you have posted the first Version. Deck8 has the same vibes of the old Deck and it even feels like you are playing Deck but on the other hand it offers a totally new experience due to the awesome Detail Design and Layout changes you have put in. You gave the map your Signature and I think that is what is badly needed with Deck to make it interesting and competeable with the other cool UT Maps which are in right now.

great work and huge respect for amount of time you have put in..
        I guess that's how I make the remakes. I've been making quite some remakes since ut99, to the point that sometimes i feel i need to stop, but it's difficult when you see maps that can be made differently.
        Plus I tend to overthink when it comes to design details.
        Thanks for your comments! Very encouraging!

​​​​​​​
        Originally posted by MaxiNick View Post
        Hi, Chong! Glad to see new versions! Thanks for yours job!!
        How you think, maybe better do diftent colors or tone walls and floor? I find it good idea, playing on deck test.
        Right now all grey, so cold =) and merge on one indistinguishable space...imo
        It is grey because the map is still technically full of WIP/placeholder meshes. By no means it represents the color or mateiral direction.
        I found grey is easier to allow me focusing on the shapes, compositions, structures.
        Yes definitely there will be more different colors on the walls. I hope soon I can start that phase when the shapes are almost done.

Thanks for the input!
        [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Hi, I've released the new version.

The Latest Version:

Download The Pak from One of The Links:
          >>> Dropbox <<<
          >>> MPF <<<
          I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

For Server Setup:
          Code:
          MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Deck-CLee/DM-Deck8_20170501

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Deck8_20170501-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/users/chongleeb85e/DM-Deck8_20170501-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="5373c92e3fe5a7047989b17b81097127")

Comment

Thanks chonglee!
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Highly appreciate the recook chonglee!

LoPing
              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Thanks M^uL and DutchSmoke!

Comment

Map looks really cool!
                  Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Really liking all the latest changes Chong

Amazing work as always

And the lighting scheme is really great, I hope you'll stick to it !!! Again, I'm impress !
                    Stevie's corner
                    Maps,DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                    Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
                      Map looks really cool!
                      Thanks! CaptainMigraine! :P

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                      Really liking all the latest changes Chong

Amazing work as always

And the lighting scheme is really great, I hope you'll stick to it !!! Again, I'm impress !
                      I can't promise I will stick to that. I feel there are things to improve. Lighting might just be one of the most important visual things that either make or break a map.
                      Thanks Stevelois!

Comment

Map updated!

The Latest Version:

>>> Dropbox <<<
                        >>> ALLNOOBS <<<
                        I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

For Server Setup:
                        Code:
                        MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Deck-CLee/DM-Deck8_20170521

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Deck8_20170521-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.allnoobs.com/ut4/users/chongleebnwc2da/DM-Deck8_20170521-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="e89b4966fa023e22ff291baa3f4520dc")
                        Map Name (still code name):
                        Deck8

Changes:
                        - Background terraforming updated (still WIP)
                        - Animated vista railway vehicle and sound
                        - Animated light object moving along the vents/tubes
                        - Generic objective points added to support Domination mode
                        - Line-up objects added for intro, in both FFA and Team modes
                        - Some other visual updates

Screenshots {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDM-Deck8_20170521_Screenshot.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t908.9 KB ID:\t387799","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"387799","data-size":"full","title":"DM-Deck8_20170521_Screenshot.jpg"}
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Deck_20170521_01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	662.1 KB ID:	387804

Added UT generic objective points to support Domination mode. The 3 points, A, B, and C, shown as above, from the 1st img to the 3rd.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Deck_20170521_02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	388.8 KB ID:	387805

Also added the line-up thing. LOL. This looks fun!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Deck_20170521_03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	221.7 KB ID:	387807

Added this moving light object. It goes along the vent. Not very obvious in this screenshot but quite noticeable in game.
                        The draft version of the object was actually added long time ago, with matinee, just never had it automatically triggered in game. Then I redid the animation with the level sequence tool, as it's supposed to replace the legacy matinee, only to find the level sequence is not supported by this game. Lately I finally had the time to redo again the animation with a timeline in BP.
                        Long story short, mapping takes time for every this type of things.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Deck_20170521_04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	480.6 KB ID:	387808

Now it is also time to refurbish the terraforming. Started from the vicinity to the vista crater. Still very draft but some of the intentions are shaping up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deck_20170521_05.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	387810
                        These metal planks are added to give more navigation opportunities.
                        Last edited by chonglee; 05-21-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Planks on the top is my dream! I so many times run and dodge there! Don't know why, just want, and what I see? You're add it for landing to the boxes! Miracle!

Comment

I had been thinking about adding that for a while, for the similar reason!

Comment

Highly appreciate the recook chonglee!
                              LoPing
                              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Updated!

The Latest Version:

>>> Dropbox <<<
                                >>> ALLNOOBS <<<

For Server Setup:
                                Code:
                                MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Deck-CLee/DM-Deck8_20170701

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Deck8_20170701-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.allnoobs.com/ut4/users/chongleebnwc2da/DM-Deck8_20170701-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="81e7c84b06a023bd3d7b16f56d004e76")
                                Map Name (still code name):
                                Deck8

Changes:
                                [20170701]
                                - Background terraforming updated (worldmachine, materials, still WIP)
                                - Recreated the low-poly meshes of some assets
                                - Some small tweaking

Comment

Working...
                                X