Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by G.Lecter View Post
    Checked out the new video and shots... As usual, it looks great, although I don't agree with some of the changes... Just minor stuff, though:
    - I'm not keen on the triple double jump to the Amp. It may be OK from a balance point of view but I'm expecting that to be too flow-stopping in practise. The jumpad was fine IMO (if the speed isn't too high, it will make you vulnerable enough), with the crates maybe as an alternate route. However, I think the ramp that leads to the amp should be transparent, or even something you can shoot through, as it looks a bit like a hiding spot right now.
    - I'm also unsure of the JumpBoots route from the last pic, it may turn into an abused camping spot aswell.
    - As for the 3rd pic, keep an eye on the width of the platform. I think you should always be able to kill whoever is there with a shombo from the Minigun->Shock walkway. The top zone may not be a place to reach if you just go with the map's flow, but IMO it has always been interesting enough.
    - Finally, I don't see the point of the 2 first pics. If you just want the window to be used to cover the tiny vials area with so many limitations, then I think it's better to just close it altogether as it may end up frustrating players rather than being of any help. IMO it's safe to give that window a decent view range (not too much, though), as long as you are also able to shombo the window from a mid distance in the Flak hallway-ramp zone, which you can't right now...
    Honestly i don't like the triple double jump and the jump pad, i will have to try other solutions.
    Yup, I thought about making it transparent, but hesitate because i feel the amp is so obvious that when it is spawned, you risk being hit by shock combo or flak or RL grenade or bio when you try to touch it. So maybe not make the whole ramp transparent, just partly, but this could be changed depends on future playtest.
    Yeah the jumpboots route is risky indeed, let me think more about it, if no way to improve it, i will just close the ceiling.
    I compared the width of the thighpad platform with UT3 deck, and it looks that part is about the same, which means the bio side is narrower, but maybe the crate could be bigger, let me do some tests.
    TH, the idea is just to make sure the ceiling is low enough so splash damage can hurt you a lot, right now it is possible to shock combo the window from the flak ramp, actually from both direction, but the ceiling above that ramp, could be modified to make it more comfortable to use combo or flak. My target is to make it an interesting and comfortable window but dangerous at the same time, I will keep tuning until find the sweet spot.
    Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tigerclaw View Post

Here's a video showing some typical tactics and moves used in the lifts area

There isn't a need for another way up to bio as people can hammer jump or dodge from the window to the ramp, balance is good

People also get up high a lot using boots

In 1v1/2v2 action focuses around armor and belt, but in 4v4 you see the other areas at the back likew the flak positions being used
    Thanks for the nice video. This actually reminds me that I need to check more videos about the different generations of this map. Could be very interesting and inspiring.
    Probably no need for a lift jump to the bio but the jump could be for other purpose. Can't tell right now.

Originally posted by Feanix View Post
    Really pleased to see a map being made where the maker is concentrating on getting the space right before doing an art pass. Very nice work!
    Thanks, it is just to make sure when i start the art work, i don't need to worry about modifying the layout, sometimes this is tricky because if you only think about gameplay, you end up with a layout that is really problematic for graphic, so still I am also thinking about visual in my mind, just not doing it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by chonglee View Post
    Made some changes today, before seeing this post, so if you have time, check the new video or the sshots and tell me what do you think.
    Checked out the new video and shots... As usual, it looks great, although I don't agree with some of the changes... Just minor stuff, though:
    - I'm not keen on the triple double jump to the Amp. It may be OK from a balance point of view but I'm expecting that to be too flow-stopping in practise. The jumpad was fine IMO (if the speed isn't too high, it will make you vulnerable enough), with the crates maybe as an alternate route. However, I think the ramp that leads to the amp should be transparent, or even something you can shoot through, as it looks a bit like a hiding spot right now.
    - I'm also unsure of the JumpBoots route from the last pic, it may turn into an abused camping spot aswell.
    - As for the 3rd pic, keep an eye on the width of the platform. I think you should always be able to kill whoever is there with a shombo from the Minigun->Shock walkway. The top zone may not be a place to reach if you just go with the map's flow, but IMO it has always been interesting enough.
    - Finally, I don't see the point of the 2 first pics. If you just want the window to be used to cover the tiny vials area with so many limitations, then I think it's better to just close it altogether as it may end up frustrating players rather than being of any help. IMO it's safe to give that window a decent view range (not too much, though), as long as you are also able to shombo the window from a mid distance in the Flak hallway-ramp zone, which you can't right now...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really pleased to see a map being made where the maker is concentrating on getting the space right before doing an art pass. Very nice work!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Here's a video showing some typical tactics and moves used in the lifts area

There isn't a need for another way up to bio as people can hammer jump or dodge from the window to the ramp, balance is good

People also get up high a lot using boots

In 1v1/2v2 action focuses around armor and belt, but in 4v4 you see the other areas at the back likew the flak positions being used

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EnigmatiK View Post
    Wow *_*
    Really like now !
    You can maybe put an armor on the box or something else.
    Do you mean the armor next to SR? That part I still haven't decide what to do about. Gonna try something tonight.

Originally posted by luauDesign View Post
    This is looking awesome now! All the changes will make the gameplay very interesting.
    Thanks! I saw your advanced movement thread today during the lunch break, interesting topic, didn't have time to reply but I will

Originally posted by Eduardo "SeeD" Baltazar View Post
    Interesting changes in the gameplay.
    But please give these pictures some fov ;D
    What do you mean? Give fov?

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
    very nice picts & start....this game is going to be at the top of the top if mappers like you "rebuilt" the legendary maps....DM-Glacial is still one of my UT3 fav map, all is so polished and detailed
    cant wait to play on a chongleeed deck
    Thanks! Recently I have thought about port Glacial to this UT (**** I really hope they give it a code name instead of just call it UT), could be fun, but on the other hand, I really want to try new maps.

Originally posted by orchild View Post
    Is there a possibility to test run maps like these? Or would i need to be registered with the unreal 4 engine? Would you want people like us to test play maps like this?

I would be easier to give suggestions for gameplay. Perhaps, if you want, you could give options of what is possible to do with the map and that way get our feedback. Dont get me wrong, i love these updates with the pictures and the video, but it just gets me darn excited to get involved!

I am liking it more and more
    I am still using Open Tournament to build and run this map, although the project is stopped since the official next UT announcement, but I guess before I can get the new UT editor, this is the only option.
    I think there is a way to play it, without having UE4 subscription, need to do some tests before I can tell you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Love what you've done so far, the map looks good and opened up in most areas

I'd like to make the case to slow the lifts down and keep the ledges by the lifts, plus keep one of the ledges by the deemer spot on either side

I'll upload a video for you later

Leave a comment:

• replied
    man, this is amazing, can't wait to see it finished
    really good job!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a possibility to test run maps like these? Or would i need to be registered with the unreal 4 engine? Would you want people like us to test play maps like this?

I would be easier to give suggestions for gameplay. Perhaps, if you want, you could give options of what is possible to do with the map and that way get our feedback. Dont get me wrong, i love these updates with the pictures and the video, but it just gets me darn excited to get involved!

I am liking it more and more

Leave a comment:

• replied
    very nice picts & start....this game is going to be at the top of the top if mappers like you "rebuilt" the legendary maps....DM-Glacial is still one of my UT3 fav map, all is so polished and detailed
    cant wait to play on a chongleeed deck

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Love the edits, looks like a really fun map to play. Really great work dude.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    amazing work!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interesting changes in the gameplay.
    But please give these pictures some fov ;D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is looking awesome now! All the changes will make the gameplay very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow *_*
    Really like now !
    You can maybe put an armor on the box or something else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X