• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version released!!

The Latest Version:

Download The Pak from One of The Links:
    >>> UTCC <<<
    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

Map Name (still code name):
    Deck8

Changes:
    [20180305]
    - Redo the whole lighting (new direction)
    - Normal maps for half of the assets (still WIP)
    - Micro layout adjustments

Screenshots

Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	289.1 KB ID:	397592
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00003.jpg Views:	1 Size:	254.8 KB ID:	397593
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00004.jpg Views:	1 Size:	209.4 KB ID:	397594Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00005.jpg Views:	1 Size:	232.0 KB ID:	397595
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00006.jpg Views:	1 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	397596
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00009.jpg Views:	1 Size:	161.2 KB ID:	397597Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00011.jpg Views:	1 Size:	243.1 KB ID:	397598
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00013.jpg Views:	1 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	397599

[WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Not many changes in terms of layout. The vial corner in the main hall, close to the elevator side, that corner behind those big boxes. Changed a bit to make it a bit less useless. That box area next to the bio in the big room, also gets simplified. Previously there were more boxes and a steep ramp but that was not really useful. Added a few metal bars below the exit of the tunnel from the sniper platform, so that hopefully it helps to make that top of those stacked boxes a position for waiting for checking the double hps and the amp.

I surely spent most of the time doing the assets, working on the high poly meshes for baking the normal maps. Haven't yet started to make all the masks. The metal bar was just a test in which I tried to learn substance by doing it. I am not a level artist in my real life job so these things take some time to learn and do. I hope I am not doing too bad.

I decided to try a new direction for the lighting after watching Blade Runner 2049 :P. Honestly what you see here is not really what I was hoping to do. My plan was initially an overcast cold daylight. But after trying to do that with the skylight of UE4 for a couple days, I gave up. The tricky part is, without the sunlight the background looks a bit too flat. Maybe dense fog is a way to make it good but i didn't really try.

The lighting still need further improvements, right now it is just one step close to something I might decide to keep. Honestly thinking about how painful it is to do the reflection capture for clean surfaces, I guess I will try to avoid unnecessary change and the final assets will look much more dirty, old, broken, unclean. The materials you see here are still just placeholders.

Comment

Man...great work, thank you. Regardless of what you wanted or intended, the map looks sweet! Well done.
        My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Wow.. Amazing! At least you're taking a crack at making assets and using substance.. Which, in my opinion, you're doing a great job! Even in it's unfinished state, it's the best Deck that I've seen so far Thanks for your hard works. Keep it up!

Comment

Carbon and UTPwniez, thank you guys!

Comment

Well, the least I can say is "this is the BEST of the BEST" Deck since the original!

One word...

Bravo
              Stevie's corner
              Maps : DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
              Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Thank you kindly sir! Great to see this beauty back in rotation chonglee! .. and wow.
                This makes it kinda hard to report but there's an issue of logfill with the following during the match:
                Code:
                [655]LogWindowsMoviePlayer: Unable to load movie: ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/Movies/DeckLoadingScreen.mp4
                I hope this helps, & MapOn!
                Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 03-07-2018, 05:38 PM.
                LoPing
                Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Thanks! Stevelois, DutchSmoke.

Best of best in terms of how many years it took I guess...

The DeckLoadingScreen.mp4 was a test loading screen from last year... Will remove the reference in the next release.

Wait, has any one found a way to have custom loading screen since last summer? I haven't been around to keep myself informed.

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee
                    Wait, has any one found a way to have custom loading screen since last summer? I haven't been around to keep myself informed.
                    Read through this thread.

I don't think it is possible yet, I've asked several UT-Editor users on discord and they all said "no".
                    WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                    Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

Sweet changes, but some parts seem to me already seen somewhere ..

My Last Fragmovie "Over the Top" 1080p@60fps

Comment

Tried recording a loading movie with OBS studio (format - mp4, encoder - x264 software) - it seems to work when starting a custom match offline. Also, copying and renaming other mp4 files to DeckLoadingScreen.mp4 seems to work as well.

Place linked mp4 in UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament\Content\Movies
                        Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

Yes!! It's insane!
                          work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

barsam2a
                            Yeah I tried pretty much similar stuff last year. We will just have to wait.

LoRÐ.
                            Somewhere meaning...?

Sereau

Thanks for checking that! I tired myself last year with a renamed stock mp4 and it was working. But at that time I couldn't find the right encoder to get my mp4 played.

HeisenbergTrip
                            Thanks!

Comment

Thanks chonglee for this remake. I just stumbled upon the current UT a few days ago.
                              I loved to play the old Deck 16][. So I'll give it a try in the evening.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	25
Size:	407.9 KB
ID:	398161

The captain agrees.
                                Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X