[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Not many changes in terms of layout. The vial corner in the main hall, close to the elevator side, that corner behind those big boxes. Changed a bit to make it a bit less useless. That box area next to the bio in the big room, also gets simplified. Previously there were more boxes and a steep ramp but that was not really useful. Added a few metal bars below the exit of the tunnel from the sniper platform, so that hopefully it helps to make that top of those stacked boxes a position for waiting for checking the double hps and the amp.

I surely spent most of the time doing the assets, working on the high poly meshes for baking the normal maps. Haven't yet started to make all the masks. The metal bar was just a test in which I tried to learn substance by doing it. I am not a level artist in my real life job so these things take some time to learn and do. I hope I am not doing too bad.

I decided to try a new direction for the lighting after watching Blade Runner 2049 :P. Honestly what you see here is not really what I was hoping to do. My plan was initially an overcast cold daylight. But after trying to do that with the skylight of UE4 for a couple days, I gave up. The tricky part is, without the sunlight the background looks a bit too flat. Maybe dense fog is a way to make it good but i didn't really try.

The lighting still need further improvements, right now it is just one step close to something I might decide to keep. Honestly thinking about how painful it is to do the reflection capture for clean surfaces, I guess I will try to avoid unnecessary change and the final assets will look much more dirty, old, broken, unclean. The materials you see here are still just placeholders.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New version released!!

The Latest Version:

Download The Pak from One of The Links:
    >>> UTCC <<<
    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

Map Name (still code name):
    Deck8

Changes:
    [20180305]
    - Redo the whole lighting (new direction)
    - Normal maps for half of the assets (still WIP)
    - Micro layout adjustments

Screenshots

Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	289.1 KB ID:	397592
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00003.jpg Views:	1 Size:	254.8 KB ID:	397593
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00004.jpg Views:	1 Size:	209.4 KB ID:	397594Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00005.jpg Views:	1 Size:	232.0 KB ID:	397595
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00006.jpg Views:	1 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	397596
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00009.jpg Views:	1 Size:	161.2 KB ID:	397597Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00011.jpg Views:	1 Size:	243.1 KB ID:	397598
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00013.jpg Views:	1 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	397599

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your work chonglee. Looking forward to the release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "You have no idea how frustrating I was when I tried to get the reflection capture right!

Trust me, I do lol. I feel your pain, sir. Your Deck remake is a beauty and I truly appreciate your hard works, my friend. I can't wait to see the final results!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks everyone!
    This weekend I was able to finish most of the stuff I'd like to put in before I release an update. Rebuilding the map right now. Super high lighting quality, takes the whole night to build, even for my brand new PC.
    Hopefully tomorrow or the day after it will be released.

You have no idea how frustrating I was when I tried to get the reflection capture right!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    waiting for update !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking forward to the update...thanks for all of your great work man!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As with your others maps, awesome news m8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good looking.........u could add more contrast & and some decals. but its good 4 a beta. keep the good work up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you chonglee ! Looking forward to an update!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am finally getting some time to work on the map. The last half year was too busy and exhausting for me.
    Hopefully release an update in 2 or 3 weeks..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    None of the links work. Can you please reupload the map? I would really like to play it myself. :3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This needs the attention which it deserves.
    Re-upload (or cook) would be greatly appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    links are down

Leave a comment:

Working...
X