[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi, Chong! Glad to see new versions! Thanks for yours job!!
    How you think, maybe better do diftent colors or tone walls and floor? I find it good idea, playing on deck test.
    Right now all grey, so cold =) and merge on one indistinguishable space...imo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have to say I am one of those who totally hates Deck16 now cause, I saw Deck16 since UT99 and it basicly never really changed. i always had this industrial style with that goo pit. Finally with Deck8 we now have and awesome version of Deck. Actually i have to say that i really like the Map since you have posted the first Version. Deck8 has the same vibes of the old Deck and it even feels like you are playing Deck but on the other hand it offers a totally new experience due to the awesome Detail Design and Layout changes you have put in. You gave the map your Signature and I think that is what is badly needed with Deck to make it interesting and competeable with the other cool UT Maps which are in right now.

great work and huge respect for amount of time you have put in..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice update, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the update chonglee!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You are the best

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some nice progress posted chonglee! BigUp for the recook!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by axny View Post
    I'm actually really digging the idea of a large map with a rail track in it. I always liked the levels that had some special interactive bit. UT doesn't traditionally have large maps, but, hey, what do you think as a level designer?
    The vista area in this map is not the biggest one of my maps. DM-DeepBlue actually has a MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger planet mesh in the background, to the point it almost feels uncomfortable to edit it. But I simply just love to do things like that.
    I am going to post a picture to show how ridiculously big that mesh is.

Edit:

Even myself is amazed by how big it actually is, so i have to post although it is not about Deck.
    Of course this is just the size. I always feel UT could have some crazy or dynamic vista or background in the maps. They don't necessarily increase the gameplay value, but UT is more than just shooting.

Last edited by chonglee; 04-13-2017, 11:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm actually really digging the idea of a large map with a rail track in it. I always liked the levels that had some special interactive bit. UT doesn't traditionally have large maps, but, hey, what do you think as a level designer?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone,

The new version has been uploaded.

The Latest Version:

Download The Pak from One of The Links:
    >>> Dropbox <<<
    >>> MPF <<<
    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

For Server Setup:
    Code:
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Deck-CLee/DM-Deck8_20170410

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Deck8_20170410-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/users/chongleeb85e/DM-Deck8_20170410-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="dd25f0ef3a91b851ab78ddddc2db1164")
    Some lighting-only screenshots
    {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDeck_20170410_01.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t315.1 KB ID:\t384062","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"384062","data-size":"full","title":"Deck_20170410_01.jpg"}
    {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDeck_20170410_02.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t296.2 KB ID:\t384063","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"384063","data-size":"full","title":"Deck_20170410_02.jpg"}
    {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDeck_20170410_03.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t403.1 KB ID:\t384064","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"384064","data-size":"full","title":"Deck_20170410_03.jpg"}
    {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDeck_20170410_04.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t368.2 KB ID:\t384065","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"384065","data-size":"full","title":"Deck_20170410_04.jpg"}

axny

Yes that outdoor vista does looks like another interesting place. That's the fun part.
    Last edited by chonglee; 04-14-2017, 12:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your outdoor area seems like an intriguing start for a whole 'nother map project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry guys!

I will release the new version very soon.

These months are super busy, especially the recent weeks. Have been doing overtime every day and went home with numb brain.

Anyway, the new version is coming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Recook please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really missing this map...hope you can find the time to re-cook soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    recook please !!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great map...please do a re-cook for UT 0.1.8

Leave a comment:

Working...
X