[Map][Remake][WIP] DM-Deck [New Version 20180305]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for getting this awesome map back in the game chonglee!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just played a quick botmatch. It could still have some more detail all around but I really like the way the visuals and lighting are coming along. I also like the extra space in the lifts room and the nearby Sniper zone.

Just a few quick things that came to my mind:
    - I noticed you can't jump from the Shock (near the Amp) floor to the LinkGun platform, which you can do in Epic's BSP shell and I think that it would be good.
    - You could also add a little dodgeramp to the 25 Armor since doing 2 jumps to grab a small shield piece becomes tiresome quite quickly.
    - Both the Sniper-to-Flak hallway, and the RocketLauncher hallway could perhaps be a little bit narrower. Or maybe it's just me that I'm used to Deck's non-vertical walls... I dunno...
    - One of the 2 BioRifles could be replaced by the new Grenade Launcher, probably the one at the top. The new weapon currently isn't very popular but that might change in the future and I think it's far more interesting than having 2 Bios in the map.
    - The little vent from the Sniper to the Flak is too narrow and feels totally like an afterthought. It's also too long, which might not be good for duels since it can turn into a hiding place. I do like the idea of connecting those zones, though... I think the map would hugely benefit from having a lift/jumpad from somewhere by the 2-healths / 25 armor / Bio room to the Sniper platform. I dunno if it's just me but I very rarely go to the top of the 3-ramps room when playing Deck (and I should, because the 3-ramps room is by far the most iconical space in the map), and I think that's mostly because it is quite disconnected from the rest of the zones.
    - Similarly, another route (a dodgeramp?) could be added from the other Sniper to the Bio at the top of the 3-ramps room. IIRC, you had something like that in the past, but it looked too 'narrow and afterthought', pretty much like the current Sniper -> Flak vent. It completely depends on whether you want to experiment with new routes or you want to stick as close to the original as possible, but I think it was a neat idea and could have been fantastic if more geometry tweaks had been made.

Keep up the good work! And yeah, this could perfectly become the official Deck!
    Last edited by TheGlecter; 10-23-2016, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome! It's already up and running on the MPF hubs. I like the little tunnel connecting the sniper to the flak

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I will test it, very very thanks !!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New version is uploaded:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...wsNoEditor.pak

Big meteor crater and a space site in the distance.

You can even see in the picture the red color looks a bit weird because of the tune mapper issue.

Layout wise I added this tunnel connecting the sniper platform with this flak pool room.

I planned to take more but now i am bit too tired after hours of baking cooking fixing...
    Will talk about the map more tomorrow but now i need some sleep.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the same problem! I also created a thread for this!

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...-in-the-editor

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Somehow i couldn't recreate the same look even with tonemapperfilm turned on. I gave up. I am now packaging the map and then will have it uploaded.

Now wuala is gone I have to use back Dropbox.

Uploading and in 10 minutes...
    Last edited by chonglee; 10-23-2016, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey chonglee, I had some trouble with this too. In the editor type "r.tonemapperfilm 1" into the console. This will bring the image in the editor closer to what is in game. For some reason its not enabled in the editor by default. Then adjust the lighting on the map with the tonemapper enabled. I love this version of deck, can't wait to play it again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks a lot for the info~!
    Yes that seems to be the same issue i am having. I remember there were sometimes small differences between the editor and the game, but nothing like this time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I saw this issue passing by on Discord, I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but it might have something to do with the tone mapper. Mappers initially thought it was some sort of bug with lights not bouncing correctly, but it seemed to be the tone mapper causing it. Tried to find some threads on it, but since it was mostly discussed on discord it's rather hard to find info, this might be useful though: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ght=tonemapper

Essentially you have to compensate for the tone mapper post-processing somehow.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I am kinda blocked right now. The cooked map looks so much uglier compared to the one in the editor. Huge contrast, ugly dark shadows, less visible colors (check the red symbols above the door frame in the picture).
    I didn't expect the lighting quality could be this worse after a cooking.

Looking for the solutions...
    Last edited by chonglee; 10-23-2016, 08:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Woooo Hooooo!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Using the GoDown Redux version would be a really great fit for this Deck map!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=12054]necto[/MENTION] made this remake of Go Down. How about you ask him to use this in your version of Deck?
    https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...wn-(UT4-redux)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MasterPlayerLoRD. View Post
    When you think we'll one version so we can test it? Date approx. ?
    ETA this weekend...

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
    Awesome to see you come back to this, very much looking forward to it!
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X