No announcement yet.

CTF - G.E.S. Thorns (Thorns Remake)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF - G.E.S. Thorns (Thorns Remake)

UPDATED: 3/3/2015

CTF-Thorns: https://ut.rushbase.net/depain/CTF-T...wsNoEditor.pak

Let me know what you think!

ty!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by de`pain; 03-03-2015, 10:31 PM.
    www.mouserpad.com

Love this map also man, glad you decided to make it! One of the most frustrating maps ever to cap on without decent teamwork.

Comment

This was one of my fav maps too, i liked defending the flag hiding around corners shooting down the gaps, then make the rare run for the flag, you needed to know all the spawn spots, band bang bang 5 spawn kills in a row and escaping with the flag maneuvering thru cover.

Fun memories. Can some one try to cook it? Hanging to test it.

It looks great , love the way u can fall out of the map and the LOL kills it.
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

UT4 definitely needs CTF-ThornsV2
        UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

From watching the video (where is the pak ) my feedback is the pillar columns shouldn't be in a straight line, they need to be in a zigzag pattern its better for cover. If there are 2 chasers they just need to run one on each side of them and u have no cover.

Also the flag would be better on ground level below the stairs. Stairs still provide good high ground defense but i think it will be too easy to predict killing players stealing the flags as they have to go up narrow stairs and that area will just get targeted and spammed.
          Having it on the ground gives you more ways to go in and escape. Especially on instagib where no translocator is used (even grapling hooks will be to predictable)
          Join the community Facebook page
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
            From watching the video (where is the pak ) my feedback is the pillar columns shouldn't be in a straight line, they need to be in a zigzag pattern its better for cover. If there are 2 chasers they just need to run one on each side of them and u have no cover.

Also the flag would be better on ground level below the stairs. Stairs still provide good high ground defense but i think it will be too easy to predict killing players stealing the flags as they have to go up narrow stairs and that area will just get targeted and spammed.
            Having it on the ground gives you more ways to go in and escape. Especially on instagib where no translocator is used (even grapling hooks will be to predictable)
            Ahh! Great idea!

I'll work on that now!
            www.mouserpad.com

Comment

Pak please

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                Pak please
                I'm getting pages and pages of errors while trying to .pak. I'm working on it, though.
                www.mouserpad.com

Comment

ok i wish you luck

Comment

Originally posted by de`pain View Post
                    Ahh! Great idea!

I'll work on that now!
                    The straight lines give opportunity to cut someone down, so maybe just offset the two in the middle so you can't see from one end to the other behind the pillars.
                    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                      The straight lines give opportunity to cut someone down, so maybe just offset the two in the middle so you can't see from one end to the other behind the pillars.
                      Yeah, I just offset the two middle ones - just like in Classic Thorns.
                      www.mouserpad.com

Comment

Nice start, I love thorns for LGI CTF. I would suggest you lower the center scaffolding so that instagib and low gravity players can easily access it, otherwise expect a ThornsV2.5 remake shortly after you release that one.
                        PayBack
                        Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
                        Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                        UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                        UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

I got it .pak'ed if anyone wants to dl and play!

ty
                          www.mouserpad.com

Comment

Working...
                          X