Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Q17 Remake

Hi!
    I'm working on a remake of the old Quake 3 map Q17 under UT. Here some screens:

Very alpha and a gameplay > graphics at now. I want to test it on my server with peoples and i have got some errors.
    I need your help guys to finish this. So my problem i redirecting. I added this to my game.ini on the server
    +RedirectReferences=(MapName="/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Q17Remake.DM-Q17Remake",MapURL="map url") and the package is missing .
    The map is uploaded to simple apache server and i can download them directly from browser.
    Can anyone help me in that?
    Last edited by Taki; 03-05-2015, 01:31 PM.

Awesome! I love those kind of maps. Especially when i first played Quake, it was crazyyy back then. Really cool you're doing this!
    work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Remakes are tricky to make, even more when the original design comes from another game with different movement mechanics. From the screenshots, the map looks very small to me. Maybe that's just an impression. I played a lot this make in Q3 and it's a good one, in Q3 at least. It would be cool to start from this layout and expand it to create a new map (just an idea).

Good luck with the map, I'm interested to see how it goes. For the server issues, try to have a chat with raxxy on IRC.
      RASTE IN PEACE !
      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

I was hoping and waiting for someone todo this remake! This is one of my favorite maps in Quake!! Cant wait until you get a cooked version of it out! I would love to have a go at it and play a few matches.

"Try Turning the safety off!"
        http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ex-d31h09y.png

Comment

Can we at least call it DM-TheLongestYard or something?
          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
            Can we at least call it DM-TheLongestYard or something?
            Yea my first thoughts, hey why do they call it Q17? :P I personally don't like this map, it gets voted far too often. I was hoping we could get rid of it this time but guess that was just optimistic hoping. ^^
            Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 03-05-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Looking good!
              Win 10
              iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
              DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
              2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Originally posted by Taki View Post
                +RedirectReferences=(MapName="/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Q17Remake.DM-Q17Remake",MapURL="map url") and the package is missing .
                Can anyone help me in that?
                Try
                +RedirectReferences=(MapName="/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Q17Remake",MapURL="map url") , should be working.

Comment

Pak for Testing?

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedbacks . I'm thinking about Raste's suggestion to make the map special . I have some cool ideas how to make it more like a tournament not an arena ^^ . I hope this version will be enough good to share it with the community.

Comment

Do it! Will be way better.
                      work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Mmmm I don't see any screenshots.

I do look forward to seeing this however, Longest Yard was easily one of my fav Q3 maps.

Comment

hi taki!

very well done - thank you for your contribution!

please keep it up!

Comment

I never even knew someone did this before me :/ https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...6448-Dm-q3dm17

Attached Files
                            Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
                            Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
                            Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Comment

wow - i mixed up the threads - i wanted to thank you, venguard! so: ty!

Comment

Working...
                              X