• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] DM-Spire

=======
    Latest Pak
    =======

DM-Spire is a Z heavy death match and team death match map set in the top floors of a damaged skyscraper. My main focus with this map was to be able to be able to move between the floors relatively easily which is why they are teleporters, jump pads, low gravity fields and large sections of the floor missing. Weapons, bots and pickups are all in there.

Be ite nice or nasty, all feedback on the level is welcome.

Also, can someone tell me why there are two sections on this forum where people are posting maps? I feel like there should only be one, that'd make more sense.

Attached Files
    Last edited by *Devore*; 03-25-2015, 07:41 AM.
    Devore Designs
    DM-Spire//Portfolio

Looks very good. Reminds me Morpheus from UT2003/2004

Comment

Originally posted by Krecik1218 View Post
      Looks very good. Reminds me Morpheus from UT2003/2004
      Yeah, I can see that. It's like the love child of Morpheus and Crane or at least that was what I'm aiming for. Hopefully it's as fun as them too.
      Devore Designs
      DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

From just briefly watching your video:

Its coming along very nicely! It's good that each floor is labeled for player clarity. Maybe do a little more with materials later on?

Some of the powerups from what I noticed are on very difficult to reach spots. The player simply wont take the time to stand still and use an impact hammer to reach a certain spot. Someone will surely have spotted them in time to kill them. Might I recommend accessibility with double jump boots only?

Another minor concern I have (again just from the video) is all the jump pads on the small platforms. Again, in my opinion their is too many and the player will spend tons of air time just jumping without much gain. Possibly make the platform wider so the player can avoid it? (I believe you can walk around it now but it still seems a little narrow.) I like what your trying to do with them though! Bouncing from pad to pad quickly can make for some fun scenarios. It just might be the distance between each pad is too long.

I like the areas that look down on the other buildings levels. Hope to see more of these possibly. Doesn't have to be open either, maybe just grates or glass could be beneficial.

Comment

Power up and weapon placement is a bit of an issue I am having at the moment so I'll definitely try and fix that. And I didn't actually know double jump boots were in engine but I'll definitely look into it if they are.

I completely understand what you mean about the jump pad platforms and I've already made them bigger, but considering how the UT style is to have everything really big, I'll probably have to extend them a bit more.

Thanks for the feedback 89Supra
          Devore Designs
          DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

Been a while, but I have been working on this. Just not had anything worth updating until now.
            Changes:

-Removed the inside ramps and made them external ramps, allowing me to make them much bigger.
            -Removed most of the teleporters
            -Removed two of the anti-gravity monoliths
            -Adjusted weapon and pickup location(again)
            -Made the damage boost pickup harder to get to
            -Added glass panels that can be destroyed temporarily then respawn (Network replication is a bit of a headache btw)
            -Changed size of outside platforms and also made them look more like scaffolding
            -Removed a few of the jump pads
            -Added jump boots
            -Moved shield belt location
            -Moved destination of the bottom teleporter
            -Overall prettiness improved

feedback welcome as always

Attached Files
            Devore Designs
            DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

Working...
            X