DM-Reactor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Reactor

Hey everyone, I used to work on general maps with the unreal development kit, and was pretty excited when UE4 came out. Now that UT4 has come out as well, I decided to start making maps again, so here's my first one, DM-Reactor. This is still a WIP, but I have the basic BSP layout that I want already setup.

The design of this map is build around the central tower (reactor core), where the rocket launchers and shield belt are placed.

The rest of the map is build symmetrically around the center, with multiple open floors and claustrophobic hallways for a mix of long, medium and close-range combat.

And a final overhead shot!

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out so far, especially since this is my first map in about a year or so. I hope you guys like it, when I've got it a bit more fleshed out, I'll upload the file. Feel free to leave any feedback!

new PAK File: https://www.mediafire.com/?o1kht6a8icfdufs
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darksteel; 03-15-2015, 11:08 AM.
    My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

Looking good, waiting to see a pak so that I can test.
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Nice brush work

Comment

Coming along nicely! Great to see more mappers joining in.
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

I hope a Pak come soon

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
            Looking good, waiting to see a pak so that I can test.
            Yeah, as soon as I can figure out how :P

If anyone would mind linking me to a tutorial or something?
            Last edited by Darksteel; 03-10-2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksteel View Post
              Yeah, as soon as I can figure out how :P

If anyone would mind linking me to a tutorial or something?
              Click Share > Share this level.

Comment

EDIT: Found it. Weird spot. Uploaded, Updated OP.
                Last edited by Darksteel; 03-10-2015, 07:14 PM.

Comment

there may be a few holes here or there, but the only one I've found so far is from a very weird bug I'm getting with the editor where faces of or sometimes entire brushes will just disappear for no reason...

Comment

What a beautiful map! I will come back with comments after testing.

Comment

Hey ! Had some feedback about your map, thought it would be nicer to make a video rather than a long post

Hope this helps ! (I do hate my voice lol)
                      Last edited by Raste; 03-12-2015, 10:47 AM.
                      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                        Hey ! Had some feedback about your map, thought it would be nicer to make a video rather than a long post

Hope this helps ! (I do hate my voice lol)
                        Thanks for the feedback! I can look into this stuff in a couple days.

Though for your last recommendation (the one where you want to be able to get back to the top of the lift through the whole in the roof, watch the video if I made no sense :P) there is both the lift and the stairs by the shock rifle to get back up there. Also, instead of the rocket launcher on the bottom floor, what about some Jump boots instead? Would allow for some easier mobility around the middle, and give you an advantage if you pick them up. Might encourage more fighting in the center as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksteel View Post
                          Thanks for the feedback! I can look into this stuff in a couple days.

Though for your last recommendation (the one where you want to be able to get back to the top of the lift through the whole in the roof, watch the video if I made no sense :P) there is both the lift and the stairs by the shock rifle to get back up there. Also, instead of the rocket launcher on the bottom floor, what about some Jump boots instead? Would allow for some easier mobility around the middle, and give you an advantage if you pick them up. Might encourage more fighting in the center as well.
                          Jump boots would work in there: no possibility to snag them and jump directly, so it's ok. Just make sure navigation is easy, because on the top platforms it's not very intuitive. Good luck !
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Download go not by my

Comment

I really like this design, reminds me a lot of DM-Compressed. Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X