• Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] WIP CTF-Highpoint

Update Beta 3 23/3/15
    After I got some feed back here are some of the changes

Removed all old spawn points and added 4 new ones
    Bridge now has more cover
    Added 2 new exits/entry points from top bridge access
    Fixed some bot Nav (the still bug out on jump pads at times)
    Added Rocket launcher out side
    Some Lighting and Texturing are done
    Some Trimming is done

Download Beta 3 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/uijvo87l9h...ditor.pak?dl=0

Screen shots:

==================================
    ==================================
    OLD NOTES

Path Update 17/3/15:
    After playing a few rounds on a live server and getting some good feed back from overman
    Iv been working on a way to make the game play better / spawns. Most of the feed back was about spawn points so iv move some of them to a forward spawn point
    Another bit of feed back was that there was only one way to get into the flag room from the bridge which then requires you to use the jump pad in the flag room.
    so iv added 2 side roots from the bridge into the left and right side rooms.

Things still in progress:
    More cover on the bridge areas
    Split the back spawn into 2 areas

--------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------

Big Update:
    Did an almost full rebuild of the map to make it bigger for 6v6 or 8v8 (can still to 4v4)

Update:
    Created an outside spawn behind the flag room
    Added a lower bridge area
    Changed both side rooms to be more open
    Added a drop down area to side rooms that lead to lower area
    Move Flak cannon to lower bridge
    Moved rocket launch to out side spawn and replace old one with link gun
    Bridge size is 50% bigger
    Changed chest armor on bridge to Health packs
    Sorted some problems with bots getting stuck

Download Link (bots work) :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys68iyzov3...ditor.pak?dl=0
    Any feed back would be great thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OLD POST!!
    This is a small 6v6 map im working on, this is a quick BSP mock up with some bots. Iv done a bit of item placement but everything is subject to a lot of change.

My key bindings are all messed up in game so sorry about the crappy movement , aiming and weapon swapping.

Short video of some bot play
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJrOjiGGSZc
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Venguard; 03-23-2015, 07:29 AM.
    Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
    Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
    Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Looks really cool, do you have a link for the pak?

Comment

Originally posted by ImMufasa View Post
      Looks really cool, do you have a link for the pak?
      how do you find the pak file? I clicked on the Share build icon in the editor and it uploaded to Unreal cloud, no file on my HD
      Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack

Comment

Originally posted by Venguard View Post
        how do you find the pak file? I clicked on the Share build icon in the editor and it uploaded to Unreal cloud, no file on my HD
        After you build it there is a link to open the folder where it's contained. I would like the file as well.

Comment

download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m87efzudva...ditor.pak?dl=0

After a lot of bot testing i'm finding the map is to small and far to chaotic, or maybe im just not use to the speed of UT and reaction times.
          Im thinking of maybe 2x scale the map, and change the left or right room to a lower ground route to the flag room, this might free up some of the chaos on the bridge sections .

every bit of feed back is welcome thanks

Comment

Played this on an rgi server later night and here are some thoughts.

Love the concept. However, I also feel like it's too cramped atm. Everything would be better if it were scaled up and the bridges made a bit wider. Also the bases and spawns could be tweaked, sort of annoying spawning facing the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by ImMufasa View Post
              Played this on an rgi server later night and here are some thoughts.

Love the concept. However, I also feel like it's too cramped atm. Everything would be better if it were scaled up and the bridges made a bit wider. Also the bases and spawns could be tweaked, sort of annoying spawning facing the wall.
              working on making it about 2x times bigger, I really dont like how the spawns are at the moment, you can spawn right into the middle of a fight and have no time to react, so was thinking of putting a room behind the flag room area that leads out into the two joining side rooms, so when you spawn you can pick to go ether left or right. (hope that makes sense to you)

Comment

Moved post to OP
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Venguard; 03-15-2015, 02:39 PM. Reason: moved to op

Comment

Could you rename the file I can't update my server if you keep the same map name (and you also need to change the map file name of the .umap)

Comment

Originally posted by overman View Post
                    Could you rename the file I can't update my server if you keep the same map name (and you also need to change the map file name of the .umap)
                    ok renamed the map name and did a new share build, uploaded it to drop box
                    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys68iyzov3...ditor.pak?dl=0

hope this works, for you, I have been playing 8v8 bots for about an hour and im finding the game play fast and fun, which is a big change from the first build.

Comment

A few bits of feedback:
                      - It's generally not a good idea to have all the spawn points in one location. What you have now always spawns the player behind the flag and forces them to go through one of two doors to get in the game. This can easily be a bad thing due to spawn camping. It also makes defenders having an opportunity to get their flag back difficult.
                      - For an outdoor map such as this, I would recommend going to your world settings and raising the World KillZ volume so that players that fall off the map don't keep falling forever without having to open console and type -suicide.

Don't have much else regarding the layout since I haven't played the most recent version with others.

cheers.
                      MyArtstation
                      @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
                        A few bits of feedback:
                        - It's generally not a good idea to have all the spawn points in one location. What you have now always spawns the player behind the flag and forces them to go through one of two doors to get in the game. This can easily be a bad thing due to spawn camping. It also makes defenders having an opportunity to get their flag back difficult.
                        - For an outdoor map such as this, I would recommend going to your world settings and raising the World KillZ volume so that players that fall off the map don't keep falling forever without having to open console and type -suicide.

Don't have much else regarding the layout since I haven't played the most recent version with others.

cheers.

Thanks for the feed back, The kill box has been moved up, about a 1 sec fall now from the bridge in the new version.

Spawn point:
                        would this look better
                        Attached Files

Comment

download link for B3 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/uijvo87l9h...ditor.pak?dl=0

Comment

very cool map the mauntian and Planet its very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                              very cool map the mauntian and Planet its very cool
                              Thanks !!
                              I ended up putting this map on the back burner and ended up working on my new DM map https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...6448-Dm-q3dm17

Comment

Working...
                              X