CTF-Melt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Melt

My first UE4 map, and I'd love to get some feedback from people playtesting. Its CTF with bases and a large bridge in the middle.

Feedback on gameplay/scale/flow/item placement ..anything is welcome and helpful. In-fact even the name is temporary.

VIDEO:
    https://youtu.be/qF3OliQnBS0

Update 12 March: Added a newer version with better bot pathing and fixed some lights.
    Update 25 March: Version 08

Changelog V08

-Fixed broken Nav Link Proxys (bots use them to make jumps/translocations) and added many more so bots can access more areas.
    -Changed Invisibility area at bridges columns to make it more accessible and opened up area a little more.
    -Added minor lights, including ones in the flagrooms that can be used to get to the top walkway.
    -Fixed navmesh not encompasing a part of the blue base.
    -Fixed a level escape.
    -Added music.

DOWNLOAD:

CTF-Melt-08 Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ww8btoynj3...ditor.zip?dl=0

CTF-Melt-08 Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...NEk&authuser=0

If anyone cares to help, I have afew questions about the editor:

1: When I have a BSP brush with a transparent material on it (eg glass), having that brush up against another wall will create a transparent hole where it is touching, so you can see through the wall. Am I missing something?

2: How do you add defender points for bots like in 2k4?

3: Why does the editor crash so much? (when doing simple things such as editing an addition/subtraction brush then saving the map.)
    Last edited by TotesAmaze; 03-27-2015, 10:35 AM. Reason: Added questions
    UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
    Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

THIS IS UNREAAAAL!!

Looks seriously nice man, I want to test this asap!
    BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
    DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord
    ‚Äč
    Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

looks awsome!
      Admin @JoinTheForce Online Gaming Community
      Playing UT Since 99

- CTF-W00T - CTF-Tourney - DM-BioLab - CTF-WickedX - CTF-TwinTombs - My entire map list

Comment

Liking the layout but where exactly are the flags? Really professionally looking CTF map design though with what looks to be a good balance between map size & routes. If someone would have said it was designed by an Epic dev I had believed him.

Will test it out later.
        Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 03-11-2015, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Wow, I really like that. And keep the name, it's not bad. This would be awesome as snow-themed level.
          Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

Looks cool!

Comment

Yes a snow themed Level was cool

Comment

This is indeed looking great!

Comment

Feels very UT, lots of space to fight, lookin' good !
                  RASTE IN PEACE !
                  Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                  Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Didn't expect such a positive response, so thanks! If you can give it a spin and let me know your thoughts that would be great too, as I need a sanity check on how people find the proportions/layout. I obviously want to get the main shapes and scaling down before moving on to anything else.

I think you guys are right, snow theme might work best here so I'll keep the name. The idea was glacial melt water, perhaps the valley is in a glacier and the surrounding walls are ice.

FYI RPGWizard, the flag room is the last screenshot, the flag base can just be seen on the platform above the spotlighted weapon base.
                    Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
                    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Looks like a great start, nice job man!

FWIW, if you are taking screenshots in the editor and want your gameplay actors to show up just try running the map in simulate mode (dropdown next to the play button).

Comment

I quite like the design and scaling and such but the thing which is a big questionmark for me are:

- Enforcer spawn at such an easy to get place just outside base. Dual enforcer config will be very powerful in that open mid section. Not sure it should be in it. If it has to be in it I'd place it on a very special place not so easy to get to or in a very exposed place such as a "cliff" at the side in the middle section somewhere that you may have to use jump boots to get it.
                        - How stacked the center of the map is with Belt, Deemer and Invisibility underneath each other and even jump boots nearby on both sides. That's a lot of stuff crammed into one place.

The invisibility makes sense in one way that you basically have to think is it smarter to go for belt or invisibility (+deemer). Invisibility pick in some cases could bring an easier path to the enemy flag but you won't be armored. But I'm not sure, interesting thought though. I'm more worried about the placement of the pickups so close to each other.
                        Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 03-12-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
                          Looks like a great start, nice job man!
                          Thanks Clawfist!

Thanks for the feedback RPG. Your probably right about the enforcer. Maybe it would be good on top of the main entrance? (the bit with the small entrance UDamage room)

I wanted someone to be able to get the invis then boots up to the water entrance. I think there's alot there because I wanted invis, boots and a redeemer! I'll hopefully get afew more opinions on this before changing things round though.

Comment

Hey mate. Didn't see this floating around, been slacking in the forum stalking.

It's on about 16 hubs. I had to re-host it due to it being zipped & for redirect reasons.
                            Last edited by raxxy; 03-18-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                              Hey mate. Didn't see this floating around, been slacking in the forum stalking.

It's on about 16 hubs. I had to re-host it due to it being zipped & for redirect reasons.
                              Hey Raxxy. Yeah the level design forum is hard to keep up with lately! I actually made this map last year but wasn't able to open it for a while due to github and me not getting along, but then then Epic released the Editor and I could package it.

16 hubs... does that means people are playing it? If so, that's great and I hope they post some feedback here.

Let me know if you want a download link thats just the pak file.

Comment

Working...
                              X