No announcement yet.

DM-Phobos WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we may not see eye to eye about anything else in UT but at least we can share the love of Phobos. Look's like it'll be a 100% port, should be interesting to see how it does in UT4's additional movement.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
      Well we may not see eye to eye about anything else in UT but at least we can share the love of Phobos. Look's like it'll be a 100% port, should be interesting to see how it does in UT4's additional movement.
      Its one of my top 3 favorite maps of all time (turbine, tempest all hold number 1 spot ) Its not a port its a pain in the **** map and its getting done brush by brush from scratch. Im not using blue prints or measurements...
      I sketch a room on paper then load up UT99 i dodge from wall to wall and run wall to wall, then i make it to exact movement scale as 99 played. So it plays exactly like 99s. Start at one wall, dodge 10 times you end up in exactly the same spot. Thats the goal anyways.

Of course there will be extra moves for the map as original does not have wall dodge but it makes it play better I got the layout finished and tweaking it as we speak.

Being a classic i want to do it justice. Ive put 30+ hours into it already and its starting to look sexy. ill post some more screen shots after todays tweaks.
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Well by port I mean what Spectre was doing in meticulously recreating it 1 to 1. Since nothing is changed in bringing the design from UT99 to UT4 I call it a port. It's not a remix but would it be a remake then? Would you keep the Phobos as lowpoly lowtexture as the original (IE port) or would you look to bring it into the new generation of UT and add some more visual flair like Lea's upgrade treatment compared to the original.

Still good work on it so far the BSP looks pretty dead on, if nothing else it's some dedication jumping back to UT99 for checks to see if it's perfect.

Comment

I have added 1 secret room but im not telling anyone, it will be like the room at the bottom shoot wall to open, Its crouch size to enter and baserk is there Id like it to be a surprise when you figure it out.
          When im happy with it ill add static mesh it is 2015 after all

Comment

WHo wants to play it?

Comment

he where is the Pak?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                he where is the Pak?
                Chris, showing how a map is progressing does not mean the map is ready to be played. Please stop asking Code187 about a pak all the time. He will provide one when he believes the map is in a good enough state. Be patient
                RASTE IN PEACE !
                Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

I keep tweaking it..1 click there and there adjustment ;p also i need to put in the windows in the hallways. One more 8 hour shift on it and will be ready.

Some Phobos trivia In the hallway the top window looking out into space... from the outside is a brick wall. In the middle top where chest armor is there is pulse ammo but no pulse gun on the map

Comment

ok I wait until he means a Pak bring

Comment

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

How do you plan to dress it/textures etc?

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
                        oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

How do you plan to dress it/textures etc?
                        To be honest i have no idea, ultimately id like it to be outpost23 standard but for now its "what ever" texture i to slap on it until i see static mesh i like.

Im open to suggestions.

Comment

Well for textures so long as it isn't made to look shiney and new. It should be rusted and filthy and decaying like the original was, rather than the absurdly clean and new 2004 version.

As far as dressing/decorating it goes, I couldn't say for sure. I guess I'm meaning more along the lines of door frames, pipes/hoses along ceilings or walls etc, the details etc. As long as they were old and work looking as well. Outpost23 is great an all, but for a what would be a dirty mining enviroment, there sure is a lot of shine to a lot of places in it. While that can work, certainly in that map, it wouldn't necessarily work on Phobos, which I imagine wouldn't have much if any shine left anywhere.

Comment

Took a day off from editor, i started dreaming about this bloody map...

At the moment i just got light and dark concrete and it looks not bad. When i say outpost23 standard i dont mean it too look like the map or use any of its mesh or make it white just Epic set a high standard and id like to make a map that is up there.

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post

At the moment i just got light and dark concrete and it looks not bad. When i say outpost23 standard i dont mean it too look like the map or use any of its mesh or make it white just Epic set a high standard and id like to make a map that is up there.
                              I'd say stay with BSP only as long as it need for players to test it correctly. Then start to make it pretty :3
                              RASTE IN PEACE !
                              Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                              Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                                HAHA, that makes it official. You are HOOKED on mapping now and will never be able to kick the habit!

Comment

Working...
                                X