• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Fith

DM-Fith (Fire In The Hole)

Download (v002): https://ut.rushbase.net/Dakatsu/DM-F...wsNoEditor.pak

Changes from the first version (still no sewers):
    • Drastically brightened lighting. I was afraid to make them too bright, but I noticed that Epic's maps use lights with 100 000 brightness. I also increased their attenuation and slightly altered their colours.
    • Redid the BSP pillars, the lower deck corners, the staircase, and made physical lights with properly coloured emissive textures.
    • Changed lots of textures to use the Tech ones.
    • Added windows to the map in some places. I will probably change/remove them in a later build.
    • Moved around the ammo spawn locations to be further away from the weapons.

Previous version:

Download (v001): https://ut.rushbase.net/Dakatsu/DM-F...wsNoEditor.pak

For my first map, I have decided to remake DmFith from the original Unreal. For those unfamiliar with this map, you can read about it here and watch it here. It is a small level, probably best for no more than four players. There is a lot I still need to do with this map:
    • I have not implemented the core explosion nor added the sewers; I need to learn how to do triggers/movers and such. (Here's what's supposed to happen.)
    • I did add the announcement for the numbered pads, but I have no idea how it will work online.
    • I know that the lighting is way too dark and definitely needs an overhaul (I cannot figure out how to make the map brighter).
    • Some BSP brushes were also simplified because it seems I cannot work with it well (BSP holes and such). Ideally, I will figure out how to improve the BSP, and someday even add static meshes to the level.
    • The green emissive textures are placeholders as the normal yellow and white emissive textures are way too bright.
    • I have kept very true to the original map's scale and layout, only slightly modifying the weapon/ammo spawn points, replacing the Stinger with the Link Gun, and adding two Enforcer ammo pickups near the reactor. I would like to move the ammo pickups further away from the weapons, but it's the community's decision.
    • I titled the map DM-Fith like the original, but I can change it to DM-FireInTheHole is the community prefers that. I also listed myself as the only author; I don't know if I should include the original author (Cliff Bleszinski).

I would love feedback and tips!

Screenshots:
    (Sorry for the size, I can't figure out how to resize them.)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Dakatsu; 03-14-2015, 11:56 PM.
    Maps: DM-Fith

Hey good to see this getting made. I made a Fith for UT3 with an explosion sequence to open up the bottom section. If you're interested, you can check it out HERE.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

He has the potential Map (wow for UT3 its the Map very cool M^uL)
      Last edited by Frostbite83; 03-14-2015, 02:50 AM.

Comment

M^ul, I like your take on the level, and it looks like an official map. I have done a lot of upgrades, and I am proud to release the much more visually pleasing version 2. Here are the changes I can remember:
        • Drastically brightened lighting. I was afraid to make them too bright, but I noticed that Epic's maps use lights with 100 000 brightness. I also increased their attenuation and slightly altered their colours.
        • Redid the BSP pillars, the lower deck corners, the staircase, and made physical lights with properly coloured emissive textures.
        • Changed lots of textures to use the Tech ones.
        • Added windows to the map in some places. I will probably change/remove them in a later build.
        • Moved around the ammo spawn locations to be further away from the weapons.

There are still no sewers or core explosion, although I did make a little progress behind the scenes. Get the new version here! I would love to hear feedback about what I am doing right and wrong; this is my first (public) Unreal Tournament map ever.

Attached Files
        Last edited by Dakatsu; 03-14-2015, 11:47 PM.
        Maps: DM-Fith

Comment

wow cool i am happy i tst the map now

Comment

Working...
          X