Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Kosko

Hey all!

This is my first map for the new Unreal Tournament.

It's a fairly small DM arena (2-4 players), set in a castle-esque location. All feedback is welcome!

Enjoy!

Dowload Here

Alpha 004 Changelist:

Reworked flak room and area outside. Now wraps around behind via some wooden planks.
    New lift from behind flak room to sniper. Can also lift-jump to belt platform.
    Swapped thigh pads and helmet spawn locations.
    Added some geo in jump-pad tower to smooth out player collision.
    Slide gap added from shock rifle to jump-pad tunnel.

Alpha 003 Changelist:

Fixed minigun ammo pickups.
    Adjusted geometry around jump-pad tower and balcony below.
    Added simple lift in room adjacent to the bio rifle corridor.
    Brightened entire level, sunny lighting.
    Opened ceiling in a few spots to let more light in.
    Moved vials from middle structure to bridge outside rocket room.
    Other minor geometry and texturing changes.

Alpha 002 Changelist:

Added ammo pickups (only near associated weapon for now).
    Swapped some solid walls for thinner wooden fence beams.
    Moved Jump Boots further away from main play space.
    Added two wooden boxes for cover.
    Added extra health vials outside flak room.
    Added blocking volumes for roof areas.
    Navmesh fixes.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Scinbed; 03-16-2015, 11:26 PM. Reason: Alpha 004 Changelist added
    DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Oink! This is going on the servers
    BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
    DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Well, very nice work! congrats

Comment

Thanks guys!

New version is up (a003): https://ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-Kosko

Alpha 003 Changelist:

Fixed minigun ammo pickups.
        Adjusted geometry around jump-pad tower and balcony below.
        Added simple lift in room adjacent to the bio rifle corridor.
        Brightened entire level, sunny lighting.
        Opened ceiling in a few spots to let more light in.
        Moved vials from middle structure to bridge outside rocket room.
        Other minor geometry and texturing changes.

Since lighting changed I'll grab some updated screenshots for the main post... tomorrow.

DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

Alright, a004 is uploaded: https://ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-Kosko

Thanks a bunch to Scoob in #UnrealTournament for the feedback! Pretty much all of these changes are for him.

Alpha 004 Changelist:

Reworked flak room and area outside. Now wraps around behind via some wooden planks.
          New lift from behind flak room to sniper. Can also lift-jump to belt platform.
          Swapped thigh pads and helmet spawn locations.
          Added some geo in jump-pad tower to smooth out player collision.
          Slide gap added from shock rifle to jump-pad tunnel.

As promised, new screenshots posted. Check the first post!
          Last edited by Scinbed; 03-16-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Great work! I like how many opportunities there are to wall dodge and bounce around the map. It looks real clean and everything is easy to see. It's very open but there's still cover on the sides if you need to escape. I hope to see more of it in the future!
            DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

looks cool

Comment

I've chucked it on about a few hubs for now, it's the ones that are maked US-XXX, EU-XXX, AU-XXX etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
                  Great work! I like how many opportunities there are to wall dodge and bounce around the map. It looks real clean and everything is easy to see. It's very open but there's still cover on the sides if you need to escape. I hope to see more of it in the future!
                  Yup, would like to keep that level of clarity as the map progresses for sure.
                  Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                  I've chucked it on about a few hubs for now, it's the ones that are maked US-XXX, EU-XXX, AU-XXX etc.
                  Nice! Thanks raxxy.

I think the base layout is in fairly good shape right now. Potential for some ease of navigation or flow tweaks, but would rather get some real playtesting in before going any further.

Comment

Will this be a one of those floaty type castles with the awesome skyboxing beneath it like those back in UT99? (Barricade etc) If so, that is awesome.

Awesome map, looks good, good flow and fun to play. The name makes me think of Costco though :P

Comment

its a good Map layout its okay day must to Night and a other Music Razorback Remix was cool music for the Map

Comment

I wanted to try the map but it doesn't show up in the map list ?
                        Stevie's corner
                        My UT4 maps
                        Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

It needs to be repackaged with the latest build. I can do that tonight.

Comment

Here it is! All I did was a full rebuild and packaged it up with a new name.

https://ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-K...wsNoEditor.pak

Comment

Thank you for the map! This is playable in Seniors Nirvana .šr [Dallas] hub.

Comment

Working...
                              X