Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Raste View Post
    This is going nicely, though I'd be interested in seeing your meshes and assets break the BSP-like geometry?
    I will certainly try.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of Maya along the way. Starting to think a little more ambitiously as I go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is going nicely, though I'd be interested in seeing your meshes and assets break the BSP-like geometry?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks milb, agree with your points.

I've been studying some real tiled roof composition more. Got some ideas to make it look not-wrong.

The wooden trims in walls will be replaced with stone construction. The wood is mostly for covering some holes right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking nice so far. Other than Backspace this map seems to have a more realistic approach on the visuals ... some suggestions:

-the overall look is pretty basic. Keep it that way and add variations by lighing, decals and maybe voliage. Also you can add some loose brick meshes to some of the walls, to add some variation. Though, I'm sure you're going to do this anyway.

-I like the wooden meshes from Outside/TitanPass, but this wooden-beam plus those metal-plates are overused right know. I rather see some more wooden-constructions like that ramp, without or less and smaller metal-plates.

-those wooden trims "IN" the brick-walls don't make sense.

-the roof-constructions looks wrong somehow.
    Last edited by milb; 12-27-2015, 03:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
    When have you a Pak for us?
    Probably after the next UT build is out in the new year.

Experimenting with some roof tile ideas. I took the textures from Chill and made some custom meshes with them. Need a few variations of "broken" sections, but as proof of concept I think it looks pretty neat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When have you a Pak for us?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It can be quite nice, indeed. Works great for outdoor scenes where you can get lots of natural sunlight bouncing around.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
    mmmmh.... the lighting.. delicious
    Ikr, I keep again again and again become impressed by UE4's lighting system. Imagine if Bethesda games had such lighting, it was a pain to work with that engine when creating mods to get the look just right, the bloom intesifies either too much or too little, it was almost impossible to reach that perfect amount.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mmmmh.... the lighting.. delicious

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Settled on an arrangement of meshes for the wooden walkways. Will try and continue the style throughout for any add-on structure.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Little bit of a progress update.

I've raised the roof of the corner building. Feel like it gives the overall building a more interesting silhouette, instead of it being a long and mostly flat structure. Side effect is that it created some additional space up in the rafters, which actually worked out quite well. Feels a lot less cramped.

I've also begun putting together some of the smaller floor tile meshes into larger arrangements. Makes duplicating floors across the rest of the map a lot quicker, keeps it consistent, and of course lowers the overall number of meshes used and rendered.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
    Very promising work, Scinbed, looks you running on RedBull, delivering great maps faster than light . I assume aftr meshing it out, you plan to vary some of the wall textures to make them more diverse, e.g in the inner yard area.

I wonder if some large dead trees around the map or on the roofs in direction of the skylight could result in some cool shadows-effects in the yard area .
    No Red Bull involved.. yet!

Still very early stages, need to get a base pass on the whole map before varying any details and texture work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very promising work, Scinbed, looks you running on RedBull, delivering great maps faster than light . I assume aftr meshing it out, you plan to vary some of the wall textures to make them more diverse, e.g in the inner yard area.

I wonder if some large dead trees around the map or on the roofs in direction of the skylight could result in some cool shadows-effects in the yard area .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey I remember playing this one... Looks great so far. I love the shadows cast by the broken roof.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very good use of stock assets

Leave a comment:

Working...
X