DM_Complex [Goldeneye Remake]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM_Complex [Goldeneye Remake]

Hello again, I made a post last week gauging interest for a remake of Complex from Goldeneye. I have decided to go through with it and have already started to make adjustments to make it UT ready. Here is a overlay of the maps layout if aren't familiar with it. (This isn't mine its made by another developer but its still relevant)

The map is already fully blocked out with a standard texture throughout the map. The map currently has zero aesthetic assets and has areas where textures aren't seamless. My main objective right now is making the map as functional and viable as possible, I want to reiterate and change the design where ever possible to make it UT ready. I'm going to need community input every step of the way. I'll be keeping this thread updated with changes and images whenever I make them, feel free to input on any design aspect of the map, gameplay, art, spawns, weapon placement, anything!

I'm going to try to get this onto a server asap so players can get their hands dirty with it. If anyone wants to host a server with it contact me.

Attached Files

This is awesome! I love Goldeneye.
    I was a little sceptical that you've chosen Complex until I read this:
    I want to reiterate and change the design where ever possible to make it UT ready.

Temple, Library, Caves and foremost the Egyptian Temple (Baron Samedi-mission) would also be great maps...
    Are you planning to convert more maps of Goldeneye?

sadly I'm not good at mapping, because I wanted to re-make the Egyptian Temple the moment I heard UT4 is in developement...

keep up the great work!
    WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
    Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
      This is awesome! I love Goldeneye.
      I was a little sceptical that you've chosen Complex until I read this:

Temple, Library, Caves and foremost the Egyptian Temple (Baron Samedi-mission) would also be great maps...
      Are you planning to convert more maps of Goldeneye?

sadly I'm not good at mapping, because I wanted to re-make the Egyptian Temple the moment I heard UT4 is in developement...

keep up the great work!
      Thanks!

I'm planning on sticking with this map for a while, updating it for the players, my portfolio and possibly the new marketplace (donation based?) depending on how much work and changes I will put into the map. I already have pretty big reconstruction ideas to make the map work for CTF but I'm going to be doing this 1 step at a time. My next project will be a Mod for UT, a game mode that I had planned to release as its own game but I don't have the resources to finish it alone anymore.

Comment

I have a prototype remake of this map in UT3, waiting for my PC upgrade so I can port it to UT4. I added and changed some small stuff to adapt the map for the gameplay. Very nice to see others like this classic map too
        DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Comment

Working...
        X