Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Hellfire

Hi all,

This will be my first ut map for the new game! It is way early but I thought I would start the thread now!
    I loved the hell/hellion maps for 2k4 and I want to take that idea to the next level. I will concept out my meshes in here as well as show shots of the map. This is a big process since I will be making most of my own assets and such, I want to add my own style so people can go OH thats Bahs map . I am excited about the new game and want to brush up on my editing skills Heres a way early shot

there is a lava river seperating the symmetrical map. I want to add some different ideas with some meshes and the state when a person picks up the flag(changing the meshes or animating something in the level) I also want some interactivity in my new map that rewards teamwork

Almost all of this is placeholder, it shall be in a giant cave with fire and brimstone mwuahaha! I might take the direction in weird places so be prepared haha!!

Concepting of flag canopy/balcony I will do more concepts, this is my first and some aspects of it I don't like

More to come! happy fragging!
    Bah_Mee

:O

Nice work Bah. If I give you a couple dollars will you make meshes for me? (Along with the customary purchase of course...)

Comment

Its a bit hard to see anything given how dark the level/screenshot is. Brighten it up possibly? Generally try not to worry about lighting or aesthetics till the level is fun and layout is close to being complete. I understand you want to create the mood of the level, but its just not necessary at this stage. Or at least keep it really simple and readable. Just my quick two cents.

Good progress so far though! Keep it up!

Comment

DETOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX, you got my email? Bah_Mee@yahoo.com Ill make ya some meshes baby hahahah Hope your well!!! Good point supra I just like to work in the dark i guess HAHA!!! let me get that fixed! drawing more concepts at the moment.

Comment

HellArchway_01 concept

Comment

Originally posted by Bah_Mee View Post
            HellArchway_01 concept
            I find this future new map very sexy and interesting bah_mee, that's a lot of work judgeing those drafts you made!

Comment

I give this one demonic thumbs up!

Comment

adding simple assets

Bah_Mee

Comment

****. You're not messing around with this modeling thing...

Comment

doorwaytrim

Comment

Working on the backdrop

Bah_Mee

Comment

doing some thinking on demon skulls first couple of tries

Bah_Mee
                        Last edited by Bah_Mee; 03-22-2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

this is the large cave pillar, the demons head will be embedded into the rock, lava will come out of its mouth

Bah_Mee

Comment

i think the artwork and the model you create look awesome. i Wish id be as talented as you in that thing. But id recommend you to use it only at key places. Too detialed Maps and models will decrease the fun in game.

Keep on good work,

greetings oliver

Comment

Some simple mesh work in my level. This is me pushing myself as far as I can go and beyond in modeling and the engine. It is completely my own vision, I want it to be unique. I am aware of polycounts and other things that would make a map lag etc, so I am keeping the models low poly. I have taken into account wall dodging and slanted slopes as well! So I guess thats enough of my explanation of my map haha! More to come!

Bah_Mee

Comment

Working...
                              X