[WIP] DM-Tardis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] DM-Tardis

Wanting to make a quality rat map as well as me being a doctor who fan i decided to take it upon myself to attempt a Tardis map.
    I started it and will finish it as a DM map however while working on it i had a feeling it could make a good CTF map capture room if scaled down some and i use the hatch doors as entry points.

What are everyone's thoughts on both ideas. What do you wan't to see in the map. I'm open to all ideas as this is still being built.

I'm proficient in maya and have built all the static meshes so details are not an issue.

Attached Files
    Last edited by halfblocked; 04-02-2015, 12:08 AM. Reason: updated picture

I believe that creating a map directly with static meshes will end up in a tad more work for you. The reason is simple: BSP is easy to modify, static meshes are not.

So make a BSP of the layout like everyone else, and when you know it's fun to play go ahead and make meshes.
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

I'm using BSP's however things like the console board, hex paneling, Chairs, Roof spin wheels, steel support and the floor vents are being made in static meshes. The walls, floors, stairs and rails are in bsp.
      Last edited by halfblocked; 03-18-2015, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Did some updates, some placeholder meshes and more framing.

Gonna work on the pillars a bit so they connect to the ceiling the right way.

Comment

... does it have a swimming pool?

Comment

It can.... I thought about using the hatch doors on the lower level to connect to other parts of the tardis.

Comment

Oh my giddy aunt...what a map.
              Looks quite good for a start. Maybe I can help with the meshing. I do wonder why you based it on the version used in the second half of series 7 instead of the modified version used since series 8. I guess it might be personal preference, but I can't tell what you're thinking...
              The new UT is coming along nicely...
              Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

As far as i can tell Peter capaldi's Tardis is the same Tardis with different lighting and a few track led lights all of which can be added later.

Comment

Working...
                X