DM-Pain - Duel / FFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Pain - Duel / FFA

This is my first Duel / FFA map. I was going for something very small and fast-paced - similar to the speed of Malevolence and Aerowalk. I would really appreciate some feedback!

DM-Pain

Download: https://ut.rushbase.net/depain/DM-Pa...wsNoEditor.pak

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=616v0A-iBIs

www.mouserpad.com

Looks good! I like the atmosphere including the effects. As far as gameplay goes, the bots aren't pathed so I couldn't get a real game going. I saw that you have the "navigation building completed" notification in your screenshots. The automatic rebuild can (and should) be turned off, and then you can manually build paths before you pak.

But the flow looks like it'd be good. I like the difficulty level for getting the Udamage, but I thought it was too hidden. I'm not sure if a player would spend time jumping up there unless they can clearly see it and know the risk would be worth it.

I see where Pain came from, there are a lot of traps! The belt jump is pretty difficult with almost certain death (hammer+fall damage+lava) if you miss. But I'm sure there are players who can do that with their eyes closed so no big deal. Overall I like it, I'm interested to see what you have planned. Good luck!
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Definitely has potential!

There are things I like about it and things I don't like.

I do like the placement of the amp though I think that should be a small, dark alcove, not an opening to the outside. There's some interesting use of arches and alcoves in various places. There's plenty of vertical action without being all vertical.

I don't like the top level or the placement of shield, chest armor and flak. There's risky and then there's death trap. There are too many ways you can be killed by the environment, deadly water, getting knocked out of the map.

Not bad for a first map, keep working on it!
      Last edited by MoxNix; 03-19-2015, 12:01 AM.

Comment

ty! I appreciate the feedback!
        www.mouserpad.com

Comment

I like it a lot, just a tiny bit to dark in my opinion. Are you planning on changing the main colors of the map or are you going to keep it very grey/dark-ish?
          Gregg 'rpR'
          Steam Profile
          ESL Profile
          Team & LAN History
          Twitter
          Twitch TV

Comment

Originally posted by Vimmix View Post
            I like it a lot, just a tiny bit to dark in my opinion. Are you planning on changing the main colors of the map or are you going to keep it very grey/dark-ish?
            It's pretty much just the layout. Doing the mesh thing now - hoping to light it up etc.
            www.mouserpad.com

Comment

This is the starting rooftop from Duke Nukem 3d lol

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X