This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoveSofa View Post
    i like it but it is really annoying when u get spawned at bio rofle u have no chance to survive then
    If you hear someone while running towards bio, last second change direction to bait the shot. if someone shoots dont get the weapon or no one shoots the coast is clear.

Just played it with 8 players for the 1st time online. Map is excellent! nothing more to say. There is nothing bad about it its great. (apart from blocking volumes stopping me, jumping on buildings, from trolling the map)
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Thanks for the feedback all! I'm glad people are enjoying this map. I was cleaning up my desk at home and found the initial sketch I made for it. Thought I'd throw it up here in case anyone was curious! You can definitely see how it evolved once I got in the editor and started building it. I usually don't sketch much on paper as I find throwing brushes around a much faster and more organic process but this map was actually one of the exceptions. I got the idea in my head for the courtyard and just had to get it on paper before I lost it!

[screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15130&d=1429379128&[/screenshot]
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm glad you made it come to life! Really great work Stuman!

Originally posted by [Epic]stuman View Post
        Thanks for the feedback all! I'm glad people are enjoying this map. I was cleaning up my desk at home and found the initial sketch I made for it. Thought I'd throw it up here in case anyone was curious! You can definitely see how it evolved once I got in the editor and started building it. I usually don't sketch much on paper as I find throwing brushes around a much faster and more organic process but this map was actually one of the exceptions. I got the idea in my head for the courtyard and just had to get it on paper before I lost it!

[screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15130&d=1429379128&[/screenshot]
        Win 10
        iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I guess this is TDM map. Tested it in DM matches vs bots. For DM this layout actually fits Quake better than UT i think :P
          Unofficial Enforcer Model
          Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

After quite a number of games, I'd say it's quite nice for a completely new map. It's been played for 2v2s and even 4v4s quite frequently. However, there's few things that might need some fine tuning.

The statue in the middle could be a bit bigger so it would block the sight from shieldbelt to armor vest and shock. The map is very open and therefore you can deny vest from belt area with sniper/shock if you are in control. Shock location next to vest also might not be the best idea, as those are two the most wanted items spawning every 30 seconds. It's pretty easy to rush in and get both when you are in control (lift is nice), or just sit there and occasionally get belt and amp when they spawn. Maybe exchange bio<->shock or minigun<->shock locations, so those areas get more attention.
            UT ingame alias: nukkuj
            Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

I would echo nukkuj's thoughts on making the statue in the middle taller to block the line of sight from belt to 100a. However, this would also block line of sight from sniper to amp though, which could be good or bad.

Definitely one of the more popular TDM maps around.

Comment

Like others I agree this is one of the better tdm maps.

Just a suggestion after playing this map a lot 4v4, the lift at the sniper is solid and easy to abuse. It's quiet frustrating trying to kill someone when they can easily camp it and keep going up and down. Making the lift non solid and spammable from underneath would solve this issue.

Comment

I wish it were a sea of clouds with a mountain backdrop
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey Stu!

I enjoy playing this map a lot and I had an idea for visuals / theme so I made concept art. I hope that's okay.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Environment Art thread: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...21350-DM-Chill

- Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mangley View Post

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                      OFFICIAL it!

Comment

The duel challenge on Chill can be completed, by gaining a single frag, then you move the the backside of the tower that holds the sniper, with your back against the middle of the wall (lined up with 25hp)

Opponent will never find you.
                        Streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/VertLIVE - UT4 + map creation and other games.

Comment

Chill is one of the most popular maps played right now, because its one of the most PLAYABLE maps we have. We all quite like chill, but here are a few notes I have for things I feel would be general improvements to add depth to the gameplay (sorry for the poor image quality):

^^ Add some sort of broken beam / arch in between the sniper tower and the belt platform, for another added route. Additionally, a new window in the rocket room would really open the place up.

^^ Move the armor further back, and add a new route from the flak room to the cat. Additionally (and less importantly), maybe switch the jump pad and the health bubble.

^^ add a small protruding brick on the wall, for an option to dodge over to the adjacent area.

And finally, here's the real dense image:

^^ I feel the archways are just BEGGING to be jumped on and played on. This, along with adding new beams on the outside of the buildings, will add massive amounts of new routes for a lot more freedom. Additionally, something needs to be done with the center piece. I feel making it much taller, and adding ledges to the outside would make for an excellent way to connect the buildings, and add huge amounts of depth to the center area, instead of it just being a meat grinder.

I have other ideas, such as adding a new area in the corner between the sniper tower and the bio / redeemer room with an invisibility pick up (love invisibility) so that this map can better be used in TDM and FFA, but I think that's all for now.

Sorry for the massive low quality images, but what do you all think?

EDIT: After I finished all this stuff, I found the forum post from viperozza showing that several of these jumps can already potentially be made:

While I actually AM impressed, and I'm gonna use a couple of these, I still feel the points are made are still valid, because they would A) encourage new / intermediate players to use these tricks, and B) open up possibilities for practical combat scenarios, instead of just neat trick jumps.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by BigFatErik; 11-16-2015, 01:30 AM.
                          ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                          Frag video featuring Rookie
                          Frag video featuring Phantaci
                          Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Yup, one of the best maps so far, both normal weapons and insta. We need more maps that cater for both game mods like this.
                            Win 10
                            iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
                            DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                            2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I don't know if anyone especially cares, but I got fired up enough to download the editor, and teach myself how to do the exact changes I asked for!! I gotta admit, the map is really changing a lot with all of the new mobility options, and seems like tons of fun. I'll start a brand new thread in a couple of days with my own version of Chill for people to check out!!
                              ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                              Frag video featuring Rookie
                              Frag video featuring Phantaci
                              Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
                                I don't know if anyone especially cares, but I got fired up enough to download the editor, and teach myself how to do the exact changes I asked for!! I gotta admit, the map is really changing a lot with all of the new mobility options, and seems like tons of fun. I'll start a brand new thread in a couple of days with my own version of Chill for people to check out!!
                                I like your idea of adding an alternative path from the Sniper to the top of the Bio area. While the rest of the map flows fantastically, I think the Sniper-to-Bio part feels a bit like one-way paths sometimes...

I really don't agree with most of your other suggestions, though... Having lots of movement options isn't always a better thing, and I don't see the point of moving the Vest to the middle of the platform to favour the jumpad route. Right now the liftjump and the jumpad route are perfectly balance so, why change that?

As for the TighPads zone, I think it feels a bit too much like a funnel, but I would go with a tiny dodgeramp instead, somewhere not to close to the armor itself.

I really think it is interesting to have spots from where you can cover a good powerup but you aren't able to reach it from that location. If the wallrun from Sniper to Belt was added, most people would just attempt to use the route to take the Belt for themselves, instead of strategically using the Sniper spot to avoid other players from taking it, which is what I think it has been designed for. That's not to say that I don't miss an alternative, non-hammerjump path to the Belt, but I'm not sure if that's the best option. Perhaps something involving dodgeramps could work there as well...
                                DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
                                My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
                                My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Working...
                                X