X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] DM-Chill

Hey guys!
    I've been working on a new Deathmatch layout recently called DM-Chill that should hopefully be in the next update when it comes out. It's a snow themed medium sized map with a circular layout centered around an open courtyard that can get quite chaotic! It's a first pass layout so it's very work in progress but I'm totally interested in hearing any feedback or ideas to improve it, especially with flow and item placement!

Check it out in the next update and let me know what you guys think!

[Screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13435&d=1426809970[/Screenshot]
    [Screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13436&d=1426809970[/Screenshot]
    [Screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13437&d=1426809971[/Screenshot]
    [Screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13438&d=1426809971[/Screenshot]
    [Screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13439&d=1426809971[/Screenshot]
    [Screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13440&d=1426809971[/Screenshot]
    [Screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13441&d=1426809971[/Screenshot]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stuman; 03-19-2015, 08:29 PM.

Nice solid shapes, I really like the architecture, reminds me of Quake 1 and buildings from Unreal

IMHO the second statue off to the side on the wall looks a bit out of place compared to the central one, maybe put a crane or a siege engine or something in its place.

Comment

Thanx stuman excited to play it.
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

i hope the Map come with next Update
        its a cool idea and Layout

Comment

Absolutely love snow maps, but the corridors and openings seem kind of small?
          Soundcloud / Soundtracks Thread

Comment

This map looks just sweet and something into my taste with both interiors and larger exterior area. I've been waiting for more maps like this, it's exactly what we needed right now, thanks! Please make more!

Comment

Hey that's pretty

cool

my work here is done
              :|

Comment

yes make more Maps for us to Playing

Ja macht mehr Maps für uns zum Spielen

Comment

What i can see from the screenshots so far is this :

Shock directly next to vest, especially in this room enviroment seems really really powerful. Id rather put a weaker weapon there, minigun or link - something that is not totally in favour of the guy picking up vest.
                  Sniper also bothers me, i cant see a second entrance to it from the screenshots, if its only reachable via one lift/jumppad that makes it very dangerous to get, especially considering that you dont have space for movement up there. You will be a easy target for shockballs/rockets/flakshells/bios/any weapon.
                  If I see correctly you can potentially get from Belt to Thighpads in less than 2seconds(looks like one walldodge), which also favours the guy with map control.

I have to play it before i can make a final statement but these are the things that stood out for me now. :]
                  Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
                  Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Looks really good, nice and clean, I really like there are no jump pads, atleast on pictures. Jump pads for me is not UT thing, as less jump pads is better, those jump pads look really cheap, why not just insert lift instead jump pad. Jump pad=quake, lift=UT.

Comment

Thanks guys, hopefully a new build comes out pretty soon and you can check it out. I'm looking forward to playing it with the community!

Shock directly next to vest, especially in this room enviroment seems really really powerful. Id rather put a weaker weapon there, minigun or link - something that is not totally in favour of the guy picking up vest.
                      Sniper also bothers me, i cant see a second entrance to it from the screenshots, if its only reachable via one lift/jumppad that makes it very dangerous to get, especially considering that you dont have space for movement up there. You will be a easy target for shockballs/rockets/flakshells/bios/any weapon.
                      If I see correctly you can potentially get from Belt to Thighpads in less than 2seconds(looks like one walldodge), which also favours the guy with map control.
                      Thanks for the great notes!
                      The vest is where it is currently because I wanted it to be directly opposite the shield belt and I placed the shock there because of how I tried to lay out the hit scan, with the shield belt being near rocket/snipe. You're right though that it might end up being a bit too easy to grab both depending on how the flow around the map plays out. I worry about the overall balance of traffic if I swapped the minigun as you would end up with flak/shock/rocket all near each other on one side. The hit scan in the map is setup as sort of a triangle, with the sniper in the courtyard and then the minigun and shock at 45 degree spokes branching off the courtyard. I would say the shock area as a whole is probably one of the weaker designed parts of the map though from play tests here (not bad but could probably play a little better) so let me know if you guys get any ideas on how you think it could be improved! I have a few ideas myself but I'm totally open to new ones!

The sniper platform will probably get some tweaks soon as you're right that sometimes it can be a bit clumsy with the lift and it was something we also chatted about in play tests here. Currently it's a nice risk though and helps push people to use the jump boots to get up and grab the sniper (or surprise goo a sniper already there ) but I'm open to trying out a few ideas to create a bit more interesting game play around the tower.

I could probably look at moving the thigh pads a little. They were originally on the bridge but we decided to move them to the lower floor to give people down there in the chaotic areas of the map something to get as all of the power ups on the map are currently on the upper levels. Especially around the courtyard with the sniper and long sight lines. There are a couple of places that might work though!

Comment

This should finally be playable in the update that just went out!

Comment

great job it's being played alot the scaling is great. will look awesome with the statues when you get the design done

Comment

Haven't played enough to give a full spectrum of feedback. But what I did notice from my play testing was that the "ledges" at the U Damage for example, and the comparable ledge on the other room you can wall dodge too... theyre a bit too thin for my liking. These should not be massive balconies or anything... but whilst playing the map I found that they were a little too small to comfortably move on and dodge / jump between the neighbouring ledge. Probably only needs an extra 25-50 units to make it more comfortable.

Other than that the only other feedback I can give at this stage is my complete ignorance of the shield belt. When I play a new map I tend to first run around solo, taking my time, inspecting every corner to gain an understanding of the map. During this process on Chill, I did not even find the shield belt until I was running around after completing the first pass. Use this information as you will, its neither a negative nor a positive.

Comment

i like it but it is really annoying when u get spawned at bio rofle u have no chance to survive then

Comment

Working...
                              X