• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just posted one, lock away!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should totally set up a discussion thread in the published forum so I can lock this and move chat over to that :V

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Loaded the level and was fooling around in flyby. It look gorgeous!!!

When I start to play, the level freeze every 5 secs for few seconds and it keep doing that in loop??? So, the level is unplayable for me, sadly This bug is really nasty and this behavior already happen few build ago and I had to reinstall everything to get back to normal play.

Again, it look **** nice. The meshing is really great as long as the new assets. The music is awesome too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT4 Build 2016-03-09

So I've been running around the new DM-Chill for the better part of the afternoon.

Initially, it was "sensory overload" as there was so much stuff to absorb compared to the shell.

After a few laps my brain started to tune it out and focus on locating my opponents and I seemed to be OK for me.

AWESOME work to everyone involved it looks AMAZING!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Incredible job guys! It really is amazing the performance you guys were able to achieve. I think it would be great for mappers to have a video tutorial of how you guys achieved that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really stunning work EPIC team!

Looks fantastic and plays the same. I personally find that in several areas the visiblility has even improved compared to the shell version, e.g. in front of the sniper tower (which i found too bright before) and inside the buildings.

There are a few ropes outside on some places which are not moving in the wind while others do, and a few cleanup work (when watching the overall map scence from outside in flyby mode, because its so beautiful , one can find are a few meshes hanging around at places where they do not belong to) but these are just minor topics to fix in the future.

A big thumbs up and woah to the art team and stu! Thanks for that!
    Last edited by Mr Van; 03-10-2016, 02:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been having an absolute blast on the meshed Chill! Looks great and plays great too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Incredible. Great job on the optimization too, it runs really well. Can't wait to see what the team comes up with next!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the map is looking really good! Certainly has a defined character. Just a couple things I noticed:

-The Central statue: Could the podium collision be altered so that we can circle around the statue (like in the shell map?)
    -Rocket room: I keep getting caught on the wall with the 2 health vials
    -Up high above the double health packs in the courtyard there's a wooden beam sticking out of the wall: I feel like we should either be able to land on it or remove its collision altogether. Easily reachable via lift-jump.
    -Maybe I'm imagining it but there seems to be a difference in timing hammer-jumps when I'm standing on a snow pile vs regular floor
    -There's two planks extending into the abyss outside of the bio-room, it'd be a nice touch to be able to walk out on them
    -100 shield trebuchet/pulley thing: collision is misleading. If you try accessing it with boots/hammerjump from the side/back you'll see what I mean
    -Might be cool if that glass window in the Bioroom had a crack or hole in it so you could lob flak balls at that guy who's always camping the redeemer spawn

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's some stuff i noticed (all settings maxed out):

That's MY irc blinging, don't worry. Anyway, the first effect looks like a low quality gif, but thats how it looks in game.

The second thing is that little corner in the thighpad hallway. Looks like a texture got stretched too far.

The third thing is the odd way the snow blends in with the wall

The third thing is the off behavior of the reflection in that corner.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    Strange to me as lighting, shadows and texture variety and all that visual clarity are really gameplay oriented
    Yep!

10characters

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Strange to me as lighting, shadows and texture variety and all that visual clarity are really gameplay oriented and since Lightmass is used (bounced off light), shell maps are also tested how light affets these area and whether the basic layout has to change somehow (like removing walls, adding windows, which can also be used to shoot through, etc.). If I compare Chill's shell to its meshed version, I would also prefer spectating/playing the shell map as it is less distracting. Other than that problem, I really like the look. The general problem I have with the high quality is a generic problem which exists in all games nowadays. For some players even UT2004 or UT3 was too much in that regards, but I really liked the visually enhanded maps in UT3. But since the maps were dark in its tone overall, it made everyhting else stand out which is different to Chill. I could think of a Chill version which is actually chill and not hot'n'living. Less brown colored walls, more ice/snow, no direct lightin (of torches), more indirect lighting, dusty rooms with light beams. THe overall tone would be the same one as the shell map, icy blue-ish white to grey.

From the visual standpoint "how good looking can a map be", the bar has been set another time if not raised.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    If a shell map is also created to playtest everything regarding lightning etc.
    Give the sample size is now three (outpost, titanpass, chill) it is safe to say that shells are not intended to test everything - lighting and visuals are not represented in the shells in any way. Which is interesting because you can't really test the gameplay without having visuals there..?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The meshed final version of DM-Chill looks really good aesthetically. But it is really noise for gameplay. The reflections of the wet/ice grounds and the falling snow + wind. Some areas asre really dark and others are really bright (additionally the exposure and eye adaption makes it worse). If a shell map is also created to playtest everything regarding lightning etc., I would say Chill really differs from its shell map. Looking forward to what the competitive scene is saying, I actually don't mind visually good looking maps and DM is all about fun, but from a Showdown perspective, they likely prefer a little less noisy map. That's my feedback to far from the very first steps in the new map, only regarding the map not everything else like brighter skins and visual clarity in general.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Saw it on Live Stream, looks gorgeous. Can't wait to play it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X