Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-NysticArena

hey all,

here is a little something ive have been cooking up. its a small arena map made for 1on1. i designed this map way back for a ut2k3 make something unreal contest and managed to get the only honorable mention in the catagory with this.

so with out further addo i present you:

DM-NysticArena

DOWNLOAD:
    https://ut.rushbase.net/CaSCaDe/PAK/...cArenaV1.1.pak

any feedback welcome.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by CaSCaDe; 03-20-2015, 01:05 PM.

I can not load the Pak in the Game its no here

Comment

just noticed i made a little mistake in packing the map, it shows up in the menus as DM-DUAL-Nystic2 as that was the name i used when i saved the file.
      will fix asap

edit:

updated at

https://ut.rushbase.net/CaSCaDe/PAK/...cArenaV1.1.pak
      Last edited by CaSCaDe; 03-20-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Nice Map its great has potential

Comment

Looks good Cas, downloding now.

Comment

Looks like a cool map. Will check it out.
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

hey all,

i would like to ask if any one has any feedback. the map has been up for a week and i would like to evolve it a little (need a break from my hydro remake/reimagining). i know its small and there is not much to comment on, but any thing helps.
              ill have an updated version with some more blocking volumes to prevend hammer jumping out but maybee some item shuffleing soon but i would still like to hear your thoughts on how to improve the flow/layout a bit.

thanks in advance.
              Last edited by CaSCaDe; 03-26-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

As you say it's small, maybe make it bigger?

It's very symmetrical and a lot of players don't care for that, especially not in small maps. With a few less platforms it might make a good main atrium for a larger map.

It seems well constructed and looks pretty good for the developmental stage it's at.

Comment

thanks for the feed back, i have decided to leave this as it is for now and take it a bit further, im going to be building this into a new/larger map with alot more going on. its going to take a while since i only have about 30 minutes a day to do mapping but i'll get there. in the mean time, any suggestion is still welcome.

Comment

a minor update on the status of the rework, i have been working on expanding the map and have been running in some wierd editor issues.
                    here is a screen of some of the expansion im working on.

will update again with some more progress

Comment

its not showing up in the menus

i pasted the .pak to C:\Users\username\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent
                      Last edited by FlatoutDude; 07-16-2015, 06:15 PM.

Comment

this is an old version of the map back when it was a single room arena maps. it has not been worked on or updated in ages, to get the latest fully workedout (no longer arena) version please visit:

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...7674-DM-Nystic

Comment

Working...
                        X