Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Backspace (V2a - September 3rd 2016)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    New version, DM-Backspace_a004: https://ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-Backspace

    In addition to the changes below, I took some time to reduce lightmap sizes; cutting the file size by 10mb or so.

    Alpha 004 Changelist:
    Further work towards making each area of the map more identifiable.
    Grate below chest armour allows weapon fire to pass through.
    Weapon placements tweaked around changed geometry.
    Drop down added above vials in the shield belt corridor.
    Adjusted top-mid paths around stinger & link gun.

    Enjoy!
    DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

    Comment


      #17
      Just a bit of feedback from when I played through it with some bots.

      -The middle is a clusterf**k (or at least with the bots), they rarely use the outer paths
      -It's still quite confusing when doing a first playthrough, I couldn't figure out what was going on, and where I was getting hit from half the time (figured it out after a little while though)
      -I like the wall-maneuver possibilities this map has, it offers long routes to get to places on foot, or you can simply walljump across a gap. Good stuff!
      -Different areas still aren't really "unique" enough. putting in some flavour stuff at this point (a "theme" if you will) would help a lot towards learning the map.

      That's all I can think of for now...
      My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

      Comment


        #18
        I'm enjoying this map a lot, it's very fast and fun, and the fights for the belt and vest are very exciting and it has a nice flow to it. Can't really comment on the balancing from a competitive point-of-view, but I'm sure you'll get it right. Keep up the good work
        Portfolio

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Darksteel View Post
          Just a bit of feedback from when I played through it with some bots.

          -The middle is a clusterf**k (or at least with the bots), they rarely use the outer paths
          -It's still quite confusing when doing a first playthrough, I couldn't figure out what was going on, and where I was getting hit from half the time (figured it out after a little while though)
          -I like the wall-maneuver possibilities this map has, it offers long routes to get to places on foot, or you can simply walljump across a gap. Good stuff!
          -Different areas still aren't really "unique" enough. putting in some flavour stuff at this point (a "theme" if you will) would help a lot towards learning the map.

          That's all I can think of for now...
          Thanks!

          Middle area clusterf**ck, yeah I've been noticing that with bots too. I don't know too much about the nav system yet to have them roam more.

          Definitely agree with the other points! It is a little difficult to bring in more thematic elements at the moment, with it being CSG and all. I certainly don't want to go any more detailed with the CSG if I can help it.

          If I can't get something solid going with the sci-fi industrial theme later on, I'll probably go the opposite route and mix in ancient ruins or something.

          Originally posted by sklare View Post
          I'm enjoying this map a lot, it's very fast and fun, and the fights for the belt and vest are very exciting and it has a nice flow to it. Can't really comment on the balancing from a competitive point-of-view, but I'm sure you'll get it right. Keep up the good work
          Cheers! Good to see you here.
          DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

          Comment


            #20
            Slainchild is back, yé !!!

            I was searching to find your website but it's gone Do you have a new one so I can update my bookmark ?

            Welcome back to mapping
            Stevie's corner
            Maps at my blog : DM-Cruel, DM-Qu0 B2
            Maps on Epic : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
              Slainchild is back, yé !!!

              I was searching to find your website but it's gone Do you have a new one so I can update my bookmark ?

              Welcome back to mapping
              Thanks, well, I haven't really been away from mapping. Just away from UT mapping.

              I haven't got a website up currently, no real need for one at the moment.
              DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

              Comment


                #22
                Always liked your maps Slainchild! Did you have in mind remaking Aerowalk for UT4? Im pretty sure it will work with current weapons and movement here. Also Acquisition is another good candidate,very balanced map. And Integrity never got that much attention and respect as it should, fast-paced and spectacular duel gameplay there. Would be cool to see any of those in UT4

                Comment


                  #23
                  Quick update on this.

                  I haven't been actively working on UT4 maps lately, but the release of Titan Pass pulled me back in... So, here's me trying out some of those assets and materials in Backspace.

                  I also added some thigh pads, between the link gun and sniper area. Will need some feedback on the placement once I've gotten a version out. Hopefully later this week.



                  edit: Has it really been six months?
                  Attached Files
                  DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Lookin nice
                    :|

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Trying to use some bigger, cleaner rock shapes and darker wood for the towers. Gives a better result than the tiling bricks I think.

                      DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

                      Comment


                        #26
                        When come Pak?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Wow this looks awesome, Can't wait to give it a try!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/ut4_dylan

                          UT4 Fragmovie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO8f1fFA5pk

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Dylanccccc View Post
                            Wow this looks awesome, Can't wait to give it a try!
                            Thanks!
                            Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                            When come Pak?
                            Thursday evening.
                            DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

                            Comment


                              #29
                              https://ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-B...wsNoEditor.pak

                              Quick packaged version of what i've got. This is in no way polished or even fully playable (collision is rough, no idea about navmesh, etc) But hopefully people can see where I'm going with it.

                              May do another update tomorrow if I get some time.

                              Last edited by Scinbed; 09-24-2015, 09:45 PM. Reason: Adding screenshot.
                              DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

                              Comment


                                #30
                                You don't see a problem in your screenshot?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X