This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP of the more natural side of things:

DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

I really love the theme and feeling you were able to create. From the screenshots, the map looks a bit cheap in term of texture quality but maybe it's just a feeling. Great work!

Comment

Great work so far! Already got a great atmosphere. Reminds me a lot of DM-Akbal

Comment

Originally posted by Scinbed View Post
          WIP of the more natural side of things:

Niiiice

Some green stuff (moss, plants, vines, etc.) would be very nice additions in the end
          Stevie's corner
          Maps at my blog : DM-Cruel, DM-Qu0 B2
          Maps on Epic : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Danielito View Post
            Great work so far! Already got a great atmosphere. Reminds me a lot of DM-Akbal
            Oh man... I've been trying to remember the name of that map for days! Played it tons in UT2k3/4 but could only remember parts of it and the name escaped me entirely. Thanks.

Texture quality is cheap? Not sure how much I can do with them since these are Epic made. Scale maybe stretching them in places.. but I'll try not to make it too noticeable.
            DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
              Niiiice

Some green stuff (moss, plants, vines, etc.) would be very nice additions in the end
              Perhaps up out of the main play space. Would like to keep it sparse to give a feeling of being an abused and battle-hardened arena. Lots of foot traffic (not to mention rockets) in a muddy & rocky environment doesn't lend too well to plant growth.

Comment

Texture quality is cheap? Not sure how much I can do with them since these are Epic made. Scale maybe stretching them in places.. but I'll try not to make it too noticeable.

Maybe it's just the screenshot resolution that doesn't help.

Comment

Perhaps up out of the main play space. Would like to keep it sparse to give a feeling of being an abused and battle-hardened arena. Lots of foot traffic (not to mention rockets) in a muddy & rocky environment doesn't lend too well to plant growth.
                  Hé hé, you got a point

Therefore, it would be very to see some green color in the middle and the highest area. It would blend well with the yellow at the low level and the blue at the highest level

Something like this :

Stevie's corner
                  Maps at my blog : DM-Cruel, DM-Qu0 B2
                  Maps on Epic : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                  Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Alpha 7 (63mb): https://ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-B...wsNoEditor.pak

Uploading this mainly because I want feedback on how the level performs on lower and mid range PC's currently. You will fall out of the world in multiple spots and there is obviously a lot more work to be done.

Lemme know how it runs!

There'll be another build by the end of the weekend.

Comment

Not a bad job, but you can fly almost anywhere through the walls from the map, please fix

Comment

Alright... let's kick this into Beta!

Beta version 001: https://ut.rushbase.net/Scinbed/DM-B...wsNoEditor.pak (73.2mb)

Changelist:
                        All BSP now replaced with static meshes.
                        Full pass on blocking volumes for major geometry.
                        Optimized navmesh for AI, now only covers actual gameplay space.
                        Tweaked timing on lifts.
                        Added a few ambient sounds.
                        Cull distance set on many small objects.
                        Vest platform and jump pad wall adjusted to fit better with the castle assets.
                        Lighting colours and post FX adjustments.
                        Many, many more small tweaks and polish.

As always, any and all feedback welcome!
                        Last edited by Scinbed; 10-12-2015, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Playing this map gave me shivers (or maybe it was the music i was listening too.. ), anyway i love it!! It looks fine visually and makes me look forward to see it get even better! I already found some nice jumps and movement possibilities and will give it a more in-depth testing tomorrow or the day after, to provide you with some feedback and suggestions. Looks like a great 1on1 map (i haven't played the 2004 version, but it is noticable that you know what you are doing in terms of creating competitive maps judging from the scale and distances of the platforms to each other etc..) with lots of outplay possibilities and rewarding gameplay. Keep going!

Comment

Played the Beta for a good bit and had a lot of fun! The bot seems to get around perfectly, had no problems with collision, flow and feel is great. The only criticism I have is that certain yellow areas seem a bit oversaturated/contrasted and not too easy on the eyes, like the corridor in your last screen. Maybe getting rid of some torches may help. Great work otherwise, the map reminded me a lot of UT2004 in terms of atmosphere and character, which I loved.
                            Portfolio

Comment

Side note: It runs really smooth for me. I have probably an upper medium setup with an FX8320 and GTX770, but playing Outpost23 and Titanpass with some bots creates stuttering here and there that prevents me from playing it on max settings (even though the framerate is supposed to be ~50-70, so basically almost unnoticable for my monitor, but still it stutters weirdly and prevents me from playing on epic settings. But your map plays absolutely beautiful for me, and a duel against a bit runs just as smooth as UT2004 would, so absolutely nothing to complain from my side. Not sure, what people with weaker pcs are experiencing, but the map should run really fluent

Comment

Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
                                Playing this map gave me shivers (or maybe it was the music i was listening too.. ), anyway i love it!! It looks fine visually and makes me look forward to see it get even better! I already found some nice jumps and movement possibilities and will give it a more in-depth testing tomorrow or the day after, to provide you with some feedback and suggestions. Looks like a great 1on1 map (i haven't played the 2004 version, but it is noticable that you know what you are doing in terms of creating competitive maps judging from the scale and distances of the platforms to each other etc..) with lots of outplay possibilities and rewarding gameplay. Keep going!
                                Cheers dude! Glad you're enjoying it. I spent way too much time building 2k4 maps back in the day.

Originally posted by sklare View Post
                                Played the Beta for a good bit and had a lot of fun! The bot seems to get around perfectly, had no problems with collision, flow and feel is great. The only criticism I have is that certain yellow areas seem a bit oversaturated/contrasted and not too easy on the eyes, like the corridor in your last screen. Maybe getting rid of some torches may help. Great work otherwise, the map reminded me a lot of UT2004 in terms of atmosphere and character, which I loved.
                                Thanks for checking it out! I agree about the lighting being blown out in spots, I'll try and fix that up for the next version.

Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
                                Side note: It runs really smooth for me. I have probably an upper medium setup with an FX8320 and GTX770, but playing Outpost23 and Titanpass with some bots creates stuttering here and there that prevents me from playing it on max settings (even though the framerate is supposed to be ~50-70, so basically almost unnoticable for my monitor, but still it stutters weirdly and prevents me from playing on epic settings. But your map plays absolutely beautiful for me, and a duel against a bit runs just as smooth as UT2004 would, so absolutely nothing to complain from my side. Not sure, what people with weaker pcs are experiencing, but the map should run really fluent
                                Excellent. I tried to keep the number of unique meshes & materials to a minimum without making it too repetitive looking. I probably won't be adding a whole lot more unique meshes or details, so hopefully performance stays smooth.

Comment

Working...
                                X