CTF-GreenCause

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-GreenCause

Description: My first attempt on UT4: a small and fast spaced CTF map, designed for competition; feedback welcome

Download v1.5 (84MB) (29/03/2017)

Code:

Changelist:

v15: lineup added (29/03/2017) 84MB
    v15c: UE4.15 (24/01/2017) 84MB
    v15b: full rebuild on UE4.14, missing collisions on corners fixed (20/10/2016) 86MB
    v15a: WIP meshing, UE4.12, central death pits removed, "community shell" tag removed from preview, saved in Game/Maps (15/07/2016)
    v14: full rebuild (01/03/2016)
    v13: full rebuild on UE4.11, postprocess tweaks (04/02/2016)
    v12: full rebuild, playerstarts close to center moved a bit inside each base (24/11/2015)
    v11: scale fix (21/09/2015)
    v10: map re-scaled +10% with mapscaler (test)
    v09: playerstart reworked (CE) and few postprocess/textures tweaks (01/09/2015)
    v08b: recooked on UE4.8 (05/07/015)
    v08: layout improvement, item tweak, optimization, camera added (30/05/015)
    v07: Vest area redone (3/04/2015)
    v06: zkill volume and toilet fixed, crate added to improve access for flag carrier to upper part (2/04/2015)
    v05: Dodge ramp added, reworked center, lights redone, BSP improved (29/03/2015)
    v04: Vest area modified (26/03/2015)
    v03: Layout and item tweaks (24/03/2015)
    v02: General improvement (23/03/2015)
    v01: Initial release (22/03/2015)

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

(Installation: paste the .pak in C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent OR C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks)

MapRotation=/Game/Maps/CTF-GreenCause-v15
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="CTF-
    GreenCause-v15
    -WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="???", PackageChecksum="cc77f04eb7eaccbd429f7d7e3ffe4339")

Shell_GreenCause:

Spoiler

Attached Files
    Last edited by BloodK1nG; 03-29-2017, 07:30 AM.
    CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
    Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Hey! I dont recall to whom map is similar cant recall his name....

Looks interesting that layout, welcome to UE 4.7 and UT(4)!

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
      Hey! I dont recall to whom map is similar cant recall his name....

Looks interesting that layout, welcome to UE 4.7 and UT(4)!
      Thank! Let's see if I can be as productive on this one than UT3
      Last edited by BloodK1nG; 03-23-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

New version available, screens and download updated.

Comment

The wall is sticking out a bit. I don't know if you fixed it yet. looks like its not supposed to be like that: http://i.imgur.com/Xr99gCS.jpg?1

Cool map i like it

Comment

Hey Bloodk1nG,
            Nice work on this so far. I really like the layout and overall scale. Here's a few bits of feedback from running around in it.

- One of the first things that struck me was that the map was really missing a sniper. It has some quite open areas and tight sightlines that could offer some nice sniper battles. Also, the top (roofs) of the map is really not utilized at all. What I mean by that is they are accessible but not used. There's no real reason to translocate up there. My suggestion is to maybe have a sniper up in this tower (see screenshot) and maybe add a few more cover pillars on the top area. Just a thought though.
            This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
            - Another thing I noticed is there are really no opportunities to quickly switch up routes, which can be by design in itself. But perhaps consider having jump boots in the map - perhaps replace the amp for the jump boots in the middle to make it a central thing to fight over (given the size of the map, I don't expect someone with the amp to be so powerful, but someone with jump boots might be)

- I would consider raising this door? (see screenshot)by about another 50units. Keep in mind that the player cannot walk under a 150uu high opening but has to crouch under. It would still be work with the slide mechanic, but also allow a player to crouch under (it also has the added benefit of removing the weird clipping currently there when a player slides underneath).
            This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

- Finally per item placement: I think the shock rifle right behind the flag may also be a bit overpowered. That's arguably the best weapon so someone that spawns in the base really has no real reason to leave when they spawn which can increase camping opportunities. That is your call though since that could be by design. ^_^. I also don't think you need to have both the thigh pads and chest armor in each base. Either one should be sufficient, but perhaps add more medium/small health pickups.

That's pretty much it. Good work again.

Cheers.
            MyArtstation
            @jayoplus

Comment

THX! I'm glad you like it!
              Originally posted by info25 View Post
              The wall is sticking out a bit. I don't know if you fixed it yet. looks like its not supposed to be like that: http://i.imgur.com/Xr99gCS.jpg?1
              Fixed !
              Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
              Hey Bloodk1nG,
              Nice work on this so far. I really like the layout and overall scale. Here's a few bits of feedback from running around in it.

- One of the first things that struck me was that the map was really missing a sniper. It has some quite open areas and tight sightlines that could offer some nice sniper battles. Also, the top (roofs) of the map is really not utilized at all. What I mean by that is they are accessible but not used. There's no real reason to translocate up there. My suggestion is to maybe have a sniper up in this tower (see screenshot) and maybe add a few more cover pillars on the top area. Just a thought though.
              OK for the sniper, but more cover pillars? You already can hide yourself into the towers so I dont think is necessary and even aesthetic.
              - Another thing I noticed is there are really no opportunities to quickly switch up routes, which can be by design in itself. But perhaps consider having jump boots in the map - perhaps replace the amp for the jump boots in the middle to make it a central thing to fight over (given the size of the map, I don't expect someone with the amp to be so powerful, but someone with jump boots might be)

- I would consider raising this door? (see screenshot)by about another 50units. Keep in mind that the player cannot walk under a 150uu high opening but has to crouch under. It would still be work with the slide mechanic, but also allow a player to crouch under (it also has the added benefit of removing the weird clipping currently there when a player slides underneath).
              Yeah, I have bit idealized the slide move...
              - Finally per item placement: I think the shock rifle right behind the flag may also be a bit overpowered. That's arguably the best weapon so someone that spawns in the base really has no real reason to leave when they spawn which can increase camping opportunities. That is your call though since that could be by design. ^_^. I also don't think you need to have both the thigh pads and chest armor in each base. Either one should be sufficient, but perhaps add more medium/small health pickups
              Not sure about the shock rifle, with the sniper spot now and the over usage of translocator by AI; maybe I could put the shock on a lower terrace behind the flag?

Thank for the feedback; most of yours suggestions have been integrated into the new released version and it's works pretty well. AI looks a bit more devilish when they use roof access

---

Download updated.

Comment

welcome too ut4
                will test the map

Comment

Nice work on the update.
                  After running around, you may be right about leaving the shock rifle ^_^. But then, I guess we can't really say until a few games. I'll try to see if I can advocate to get this on servers (hopefully, since CTF isn't nearly played as much as it should).
                  MyArtstation
                  @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by FK_nero View Post
                    welcome too ut4
                    will test the map
                    Hi! So I'll see you later FK_nero
                    Nice work on the update.
                    After running around, you may be right about leaving the shock rifle ^_^. But then, I guess we can't really say until a few games.
                    The enhanced vertical gameplay make the armor vest zone a bit frustrating for my taste, this is what I done:

I'll try to see if I can advocate to get this on servers
                    Thx be sure to use the latest version
                    (...) since CTF isn't nearly played as much as it should).
                    It's not really a prob for me: CTF layout is easily convertible for Greed/Jailbreak or even for Bombingrun with some changes.
                    ---

Download updated.
                    Last edited by BloodK1nG; 04-02-2015, 04:23 PM.

Comment

NEW version available!

-new lights and sky
                      -reworked center
                      -BSP improved
                      -Dodge ramp added

EDIT: dodge ramp angle fixed and wood ramp added here:
                      (download link updated)

Any feedback about the current layout, or it looks ok for you?
                      Last edited by BloodK1nG; 04-02-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

We recently played this map here at the office and I had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the center jump boots pickup mixed with the open rooftops and sniper. My biggest criticism so far would probably be the pits of death near the armor in each base. It was very easy to catch the lip as you dodged across as Sidney mentioned in the stream yesterday. Otherwise good job!

Comment

Yea, don't really have much feedback to add to this anymore. Good work with the edits. I think the pit of death feedback is worth looking into though.

Nice work.
                          MyArtstation
                          @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by [Epic]stuman View Post
                            We recently played this map here at the office and I had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the center jump boots pickup mixed with the open rooftops and sniper. My biggest criticism so far would probably be the pits of death near the armor in each base. It was very easy to catch the lip as you dodged across as Sidney mentioned in the stream yesterday. Otherwise good job!
                            Yea, don't really have much feedback to add to this anymore. Good work with the edits. I think the pit of death feedback is worth looking into though.

Nice work.
                            THX! I've just watched the Stream and even if a recorded replay is missing... I'm on it
                            I've quickly wrap this hole but I'll probably make the armor platform snap to the floor and only accessible via a dodge.

I also added a crate here to allow flag carrier an easier access to the upper part:

and the crates I've placed here should help a bit during shock/stinger fights, isn't it?

Download updated.

Comment

Edit: this is an old screen, jumppad is no more.

Download updated.
                              Last edited by BloodK1nG; 05-01-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X