DM-Coma - A015 - UT 0.1.12.1 cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    overall map is awesome! teleport is great idea, i cannot understand why so many ppl hate it... it makes game more tense, and interesting...
    biggest problem is **** weapon and armor balance, ut4 atm has the worst duel balance i have ever seen in fps game since quake world.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^ yeah that would be a good solution - offset the teleporter exits so they are about 1/2 to 1 full dodge away from the entrance, making "random" telefrags less likely.

Another solution might be taken from Quake Live - I remember on certain maps, teleporter exits would dump you out a few feet in the air, so you would spend a fraction of a second falling (while still maintaining momentum in the direction you wanted to go). This might also prevent super fast spamming between teleporters, and reduce the "randomness" of telefrags when trying to give chase.

Just a thought, since epic added that HORRID feature of not being able to telefrag someone with a shield belt, wouldnt that give a big advantage to someone if they went through the teleporter, and body blocked the exit when someone tries to chase?? Uh oh, I think I found a strategy to exploit :S

If they wanted to remove telefragging on belts, you should just bounce off the person like theyre a wall instead of exploding yourself. But now we're getting off onto another topic. Anyway, hows the level going, [MENTION=6464]insomnaut[/MENTION] ? Any upcoming changes based on feedback? Do you have a theme in mind? It's a fun little map that's enjoyable to play, and I hope it only gets better!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The teleporter isn't at fault there, it's the fact that they were dancing through it back and forth. Something like that could be solved by making the exit in a slightly different place to the entrance of the other tele. Not too far away, maybe 1 dodge distance so you can't adad through it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    still think teleport should be removed, take a look at this: game between two very high skill players ending in two telefrags...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love the teleport, also it's exactly the same time going from belt to vest via the tele as it is without so it doesn't really give you any extra pickup control.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hm teleport really needs to go, besides the already mentioned problem of easiness of belt/100 control, you can also get telefragged there (happened to me yesterday). don't think there's place for telefrags in duel : D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ty insomnaut! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment. (Servers not listed but hopefully this will be fixed soon.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you guys for comments!

I've decided to not introduce any major changes to the map before ESL cups, but I'll keep an eye on the issues mentioned, hoping to receive even more gameplay-wise feedback after the cups.
    The map had really nice playcounts recently - it was played so often I wasn't able to watch all the replays in time, though I've been trying ;D

The 2/29/2016 game build requires to have all custom maps recooked, so here is a new DM-Coma pak for you:

DM-Coma_A005-WindowsNoEditor.pak

Also, some minor yet important tweaks had to be done:
    - RL-lift liftjumps improved,
    - fixed blocking volumes behind Armor Vest - no jumping up on the shelves above the armor allowed anymore,
    - 1 health vial added above the Thigh Pads (now 4),
    - most of the text on walls have been removed or hidden,
    - hopefully (not sure yet) fixed teleport glitch - both teleports setup was causing player's direction to be messed up sometimes.

The latest game build solved some other issues noticed on the previous map version:
    - performance drops near the bottom teleporter are gone (solid 60fps on epic settings instead of ~30-40 on medium),
    - seemingly improved player capsule -vs- geometry collision (slope dodges seems much smoother and less glitchy than before).

OP has been updated with latest pak download link and server ini lines.
    Last edited by insomnaut; 02-29-2016, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map has a good flow to it. Scaling feels good too. Nice job, one of the better maps around along with erase.

Only concern after a few games was that armor and belt are too close together ( portal etc ) which makes control too easy for the in control player. You can cycle back and fourth from sb to armor and not worry about anything else.

If I remember correctly the shock rifle was beside armor, perhaps moving that away might help.
    Last edited by biggamer21; 02-23-2016, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    after some plays - rocket launcher AND sniper rifle AND thighpads spawning right next to each other is a bit op imo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map just got even better. Really liking the progress!

I think the scaling feels about right. The teleporter feels a bit off (but it's always good to experiment!). Actualy, maybe you may want to keep it on the bottom floor, so it will become a one-way path? Often you will get in that room from one side, and you'll have two ways to get to higher ground: The lift and the teleporter. Here, it really adds value. It's only the one on the top floor that feels a bit unnecessary.

I'm also wondering what you will be doing with the sniper room. I liked in the old version where you had these strikes of light shining between wooden beams, it had great spirit even in that early stage. Maybe you could add this again. Maybe you could also add vines or other plants, really giving the spirit like it's the canopy of a tree.

In general, I'm also really enjoying the colour scheme. I hope you'll keep the wooden elements (of course with non-placeholder versions).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Trinatek View Post
    I actually meant consider making the scale *slightly* bigger, since the models have increased in size and it feels a bit more cramped than before
    Oh, I thought you were referring to the map scale, not the characters/players size. Thanks for clarifying this. Then I may drop the map scaler, we'll see.

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
    A004 is up on the UC Hub. Great map! Will try to give feedback later.
    I've just seen your replay demo and was going to thank you via PM
    Unreal Carnage HUB added to the hublist in OP. Thanks MauL!
    Last edited by insomnaut; 02-23-2016, 03:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A004 is up on the UC Hub. Great map! Will try to give feedback later.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by insomnaut View Post
    So far, the map is available on a few hubs:
    I can scale it down a little bit, nothing radical though, to leave enough space for fight, comboes etc.
    Speaking of more busy wall texture - yeah - I guess I see where it may be an issue. One half of the map (sniper to belt, flak) has temporary lighting and poor details, gets monotous and dull.
    I actually meant consider making the scale *slightly* bigger, since the models have increased in size and it feels a bit more cramped than before

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by insomnaut
    It's online! I hope you'll have a good time playing it!
    Thx, really like the changes you made! super-fun map

Leave a comment:

Working...
X