X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great feedback [MENTION=8215]KmKz[/MENTION], very great
    Duel rankings contributor | running Unreal Tournament @ ESL

Comment

Any chance of getting an update for your map here insomnaut?
      LoPing
      Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by Wasteful View Post
        Great feedback [MENTION=8215]KmKz[/MENTION], very great
        Thank you, [MENTION=6149]Wasteful[/MENTION]! And...uhm...this is totally inappropriate here, and I apologize...but please, please, please add DM-Zenith into the competitive pool. Please and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by KmKz View Post
          Thank you, [MENTION=6149]Wasteful[/MENTION]! And...uhm...this is totally inappropriate here, and I apologize...but please, please, please add DM-Zenith into the competitive pool. Please and thank you.
          Write a separate post about it and let's see what community thinks.

Comment

Didn't the poll already decide :3
            :|

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
              Didn't the poll already decide :3
              Yes but we can always make map pool changes for future.

Comment

Okay - done. https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...152#post245152

Comment

Originally posted by KmKz View Post
                  Hello [MENTION=6464]insomnaut[/MENTION], I would like to introduce myself, KmKz, as a competitive and aspiring high level dueler, alongside my partner [MENTION=11729]paranoid_banana[/MENTION] (nanaz) who made a video showcasing all the changes we suggest for your map. This is the video:

https://youtu.be/EF7yne3MONs

We have loved the map since the original concept and thought it had a lot of potential to be a competitive duel map, so we are more than happy for it to be in ESL. However, as it currently sits, it isn't in a good spot, sorry to say. The biggest issue is how the map can be extremely one sided due to how absolutely easy it is to lock out the map. We provide what I think are unique and great suggestions to the map, and put it in a much better state than it currently is. Please take a look and tell us what you think!

And just to add some more analysis from the video (watch the video first!):

At 2:00, when nanz is discussing covering line of sight, you can currently harass and poke and even kill opponents that try to go for not only the vest but thigh pads as well. So, belt area is overpowered, not only in the rotational ability from that area throughout the map but the angles you can hold by simply sitting there. Adding a sliding wall protects the vest (or what will hopefully be helmet) area, and moving thigh pads to Mini removes the ability to harass opponents going for that armor.

At 3:00, when nanz is talking about the lift movement jump, I should add that you can do the same kind of move but even faster with less dodges to thigh pads. The rotational power that the lift has is overwhelming. Making a small jump pad purely to belt alone remedies that entirely.

At 5:00, when nanz is mentioning that specific routing, it really is concerning. Removing those dodge ramps help, and the sound queue from the jump pad helps, and you should test that out at first. However, that specific route gives you nearly immediate access to the center of the map; furthermore, if you agree with our armor change suggestions, then you'd be right in the middle of thigh pads/helmet, so it'd become more of a common route because it is such a key position. Consequently, I am not convinced it really solves the issue of that area.

The real suggestion is to maybe look to remove that jump pad entirely but leave the area open for things like an off-angle peek shot off to keep the map, AND for a risky power play of a self-harm (impact hammer, rocket) jump. In which, both suggestions keep the map true to the openness and is still fast paced and aggressive, but I think it would really help balance out the map. It would also be a bit of unique gameplay on the map, as I don't think other maps really take into consideration of a possible self-harm jump. That would be the ultimate solution, but first removing the dodge ramps itself to play-test the simple effect of that is the smarter move for now. Just keep the other solution in mind, as I most likely think you would have to implement that in the end to really perfect the map.

If you have any further questions or want further and deeper analysis on each of the changes we suggested, we would absolutely love to comply and give as much feedback as we possibly can. Hopefully, you think our suggestions are as wonderful as we think they are! Thanks for your time, insomnaut.
                  I didn't mean to totally not post in this thread earlier, but I hope you can appreciate the video response I made for you, as well as the extra write up from my buddy KmKz.
                  Thanks for listening Insomnaut

Comment

Knock knock

Update A007 (4.14 recook, OP updated)

So...
                    A few months have passed, I've settled down in a new city, survived my first crunch time in my new job, and now I hope to be able to transition my working-overtime-evenings into mapping-evenings quite smoothly ;D

No changes to Coma, I'm sorry. Though, there's one thing I'd like to know as I've been completely inactive since May. I wonder how you guys see the new armor system affects the gameplay of this map. Did it change significantly your habits/playstyle on Coma?
                    Last edited by insomnaut; 10-18-2016, 06:38 PM.
                    @insomnaut aka charon / DM-Coma / ArmorWare

Comment

Thanks for the update dude! The armor has been fine for me but I'm not that picky so...
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Please recook to the latest version Thanks

Comment

No problem: DM-Coma_A008

Recooked for your enjoyment.

Code:
                          + CustomMapList=/Game/DM-Coma/Maps/DM-Coma_A008
                          + RequiredPackages=DM-Coma_A008-WindowsNoEditor
                          + RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Coma_A008-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="YOUR_OWN_REDIRECT_URL", PackageChecksum="4855cf306d8d50e3cc29bc5e006250fc")
                          Thank you all.

Comment

Thank YOU!

Comment

Big Thanks insomnaut

Comment

Got my hands on Coma again...

Experimenting to overcome some issues with that area, mostly with the slope dodge. Exploring some new possibilities too.
                                Also, I'm still not really satisfied with the balance and armor placement in general.

We'll see
                                Last edited by insomnaut; 12-08-2016, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X