CTF-SandPit-beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-SandPit-beta

I am doing simple maps as a hobby but i find this one i made my pride and joy for right now. until i learn more ways of map making it is a Pretty simple CTF map with a Desert theme to it. Haven't messed with it to much after i textured it up and placed weapons.

Give me some feedback i am always looking to improving my Map making skills.

Download(updated 4/3/15): https://ut.rushbase.net/KingWorks/Be...wsNoEditor.pak

Changelog 4/3/15:
    Added Underground area
    Water in the underground will kill you so be careful
    Rocks still don't have correct texture again
    Jump Pads are blue looking into changing that couldn't find the right textures at the moment
    3 new ways into flag rooms
    Moved some health packs around
    One Body armor now in underground area in middle of the bridge.
    New video showing the new additions to the map.
    Last edited by kingtop; 04-03-2015, 07:19 PM.
    Live Stream @ www.Hitbox.tv/kingtop Map Creation and General Video Games
    Unreal: Kingtop | Steam: Kingtop

seems really small and wide open, it would be cool if you had some sort of underground cave system, I feel like it would compliment this type of level really well.

Comment

Its definitely a solid start. Just a couple of thoughts at the moment.

One issue I notice, is there is only one central area to enter for each flag base. It looks like it has two entrance levels, but really the players only have to look at one area/doorway to see both entrances. I

'm also a bit concerned that the players defending the base would simply just sit on the two big health packs and camp the flags. This could make seizing the base extremely difficult.

Some alternate entrances could be prove to be useful, maybe caves like Braydon suggests. But ultimately its up to you. Good start and I hope to see some more updates!

Comment

This would be great remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoWQcUEC1wg

Comment

Really nice! Can we download it?

it would be cool if you had some sort of underground cave system,
          very nice idea

Comment

Updated with download link (was trying to find a nice place to put it up at first). So i thought about what some of you have said about adding more too it. When i first made the map i thought maybe a top and bottom entrance would do the job but after thinking about it makes defending the flags way too easy. So i will be attempting to make something of a underground part of the map. will give me more of a reason to have weapons spread out more and put armor and U damage somewhere else. Probably work on it this weekend and hopefully have something to show then. But as you guys wait for that to happen enjoy the map and break it and show me what you did i love seeing that stuff.

Comment

Would of had this done last weekend but my sleeping patterns got really weird and i was pretty much hibernating all weekend.

Update 4/3/15:
              Working on adding a underground part of the map hers some pictures of the progress so far.

Attached Files
              Last edited by kingtop; 04-03-2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X