Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Dunes

Hey guys, got another map for 'ya.

Not done yet of course, but take it for a spin.

Let me know what you guys think!

Pak: https://www.mediafire.com/?56pps56cb2o66du

EDIT: Something is up with the landscape and background materials, in that they aren't rendering in. Not sure what's up with that...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darksteel; 03-27-2015, 12:26 AM.
    My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

Can't tell much about map's layout in general, but the one thing - will be good to have at least one complete loop w\o touching the ground. For now even in a separate buildings you can't do much without having to jump down eventually.

Very dark in some corners inside a buildings.

Also: noticed a good place above RL, it will be great to put some item here too!

Comment

Fair enough, would be a nice place for a udamage or berserk or something.

Comment

who is the sand?

Comment

It's bugged

Comment

I really like where you're going with this. Great job man!

I personalty think some jump pads inside would work as it's such a big map. Also some jump boots maybe? I see a few BSP holes around the map that will need to be fixed before it gives you any issues + it will need some kind of border. Maybe bring the sand dunes in closer so they totally surround the area?

Lighting will also need to be added inside. Maybe some torches. If you plan it out a little more it would be a good TDM map.

I recon it's gonna be a top map for sure!
            Win 10
            iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
            DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
            2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

One more thing: it is good to place a few goodies in a central areas to force players more frequently go straight across.

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                I really like where you're going with this. Great job man!

I personalty think some jump pads inside would work as it's such a big map. Also some jump boots maybe? I see a few BSP holes around the map that will need to be fixed before it gives you any issues + it will need some kind of border. Maybe bring the sand dunes in closer so they totally surround the area?

Lighting will also need to be added inside. Maybe some torches. If you plan it out a little more it would be a good TDM map.

I recon it's gonna be a top map for sure!
                Originally posted by ShurikMur View Post
                One more thing: it is good to place a few goodies in a central areas to force players more frequently go straight across.
                Thanks for the feedback! I noticed some of The BSP holes afterwards. The plan is to have the map surrounded in a giant sandstorm so that if you leave the play area you start taking damage untill you die. I'll see what I can do about adding more stuff down the middle.

Comment

That is an awesome idea man! Now the damage makes sense! U gotta keep me updated on this!

I remember there was a map that was inside a tornado, I can't remember which UT it was, Maybe 2k3. So I can see how this is gonna work. It's nice to see some terrain too!

Originally posted by Darksteel View Post
                  Thanks for the feedback! I noticed some of The BSP holes afterwards. The plan is to have the map surrounded in a giant sandstorm so that if you leave the play area you start taking damage untill you die. I'll see what I can do about adding more stuff down the middle.
                  Win 10
                  iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
                  DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                  2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Working...
                  X