DM-Amigara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Amigara

DM-Amigara Fault, this map was made for you.
    .pak: https://ut.rushbase.net/ChA1NsAw/DM-...wsNoEditor.pak

Original post:
    Making a DM map based on the Zhangjiajie mountains in China, THPS1 Downhill Jam level and Tomb Raider 3 Jungle level.
    Very wip. More mountains and pathways need to be added.

I'm also thinking of making a CTF and speed version of this map. But first things first.

Old screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/cBygh
    • Added another jumpboot, may be overkill
    • All around scale and playable surface
    • More weapons
    • Global announcer when berserk is taken
    • Ambient sound
    • etc.

update 2:
    removed for space
    update 1:
    removed for space
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 04-17-2015, 10:53 AM. Reason: update 3

Looks pretty good, nice start.
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Yes a Asymmetric CTF map where cool

Comment

Very cool being based on a real world location. Great start!

Comment

Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing it progress!
          Win 10
          iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
          DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
          2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Now that looks interesting. I can see myself fragging on that level. Maybe some free falling waterfalls. Nice start.

Comment

Update. Added some screenshots.

Comment

Scaling wise it looks a bit on the smaller side for my taste (Dwarf world) but it looks quite fun.
                Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-03-2015, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                  Scaling wise it looks a bit on the smaller side for my taste (Dwarf world) but it looks quite fun.
                  That's also a thing that worries me a little. I've added a quick and dirty video. Will upload a .pak later.
                  Hopefully after some playtesting I'll see where change in scale is due.

Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 04-03-2015, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Judging from the video, i don't know how gameplay would be because it's so different, but **** is this map beautiful! Very cool chainsaw! I expect nothing less from a guy with bsp skills like you.

Comment

This looks excellent. It would make a perfect skilful duel map based on players having the movement system mastered. It seems mostly based around an in your face combat style since there isn't much long sight lines apart from on top, but that then provides a good balance with the Udamage up there. I don't see this map appealing to the masses, it looks to be the map that the majority of players would miscalculate a dodge and die a lot ending with a negative score... but given the right treatment, I could see this being a very skill focussed duel map.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I am keeping the masses in mind. I only want a handful of specific shortcuts to be punishing. It would be too irritating if you fell constantly. Anyway. Still a block out so anything can happen. Wondering what play test will bring forward.

Comment

Looks interesting - echoing concerns about potentially frustrating accidental (or knocked off) deaths but like you said, needs some testing.

Some minor feedback just based on video/screenshots - looks a bit dark and I think readability would benefit from at least using a different (brighter) material for the floor to help with platforming. It also feels very maze-y with everything looking so similar, would be nice to see you come up with some way to help orient players a bit more easily. I.e. large structures/formations in the background that help identify the cardinal directions, maybe having some minor semblance of ruins on one side vs the other, minor visual progression to differentiate height levels (rocky below, grassy towards the top) etc.

Cool start

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
                            Looks interesting - echoing concerns about potentially frustrating accidental (or knocked off) deaths but like you said, needs some testing.

Some minor feedback just based on video/screenshots - looks a bit dark and I think readability would benefit from at least using a different (brighter) material for the floor to help with platforming. It also feels very maze-y with everything looking so similar, would be nice to see you come up with some way to help orient players a bit more easily. I.e. large structures/formations in the background that help identify the cardinal directions, maybe having some minor semblance of ruins on one side vs the other, minor visual progression to differentiate height levels (rocky below, grassy towards the top) etc.

Cool start
                            The top should end up more than grassy:
                            About the labyrinth feeling, caused by same materials. Didn't really think about it because most of my reference material looks the same. I.e. the image below.
                            Will certainly add some more recognizable areas and a landmark(s) because I'm certainly not going for a confusing level. It just needs to feel like you are high up on shoals.
                            Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                            Indeed, I get the feeling the level will have to grow a bit or more.

Originally posted by Numb.51 View Post
                            Judging from the video, i don't know how gameplay would be because it's so different, but **** is this map beautiful! Very cool chainsaw! I expect nothing less from a guy with bsp skills like you.
                            Care to elaborate the "it's so different?". What do you have in mind exactly?

Thanks for the feedback.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This looks like the kind of thing where, were I try to make something like this, I'd end up with a bunch of random holes in my BSP brushes that I didn't put there...
                              My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

Comment

Working...
                              X