Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Codex [REMAKE]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DM-Codex [REMAKE]

    Here is Codex for you guys, check out my sig link for screen shots, uploading a video to youtube ill add it here when its finished.

    PAK https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzv9tvq4be0g2zf/DM-Codex-187-WindowsNoEditor.pak?dl=0





    Last edited by code187; 03-31-2015, 11:11 AM.
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

    #2
    great! you're re-making one great map after the other
    keep up your great work, "knock on woods" that one of your maps will be in the final build.
    Last edited by barsam2a; 03-31-2015, 10:54 AM.
    WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
    Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
      great! you're re-making one great map after the other
      keep up your great work, "knock on woods" that one of your maps will be in the final build.
      Enjoy

      Im not in it for making the official build, Epic dont like me when ever i watch the stream and they say something about me they say "someone" everyone else they say by name/nick. Im not losing any sleep.
      I will host a UT99 maps server so they will get played online sooner or later. Also their there for all to do with as they please.
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by code187 View Post
        Epic dont like me when ever i watch the stream and they say something about me they say "someone" everyone else they say by name/nick.
        mmh, that's a bit weird they probably are sick about hearing ut99 is the best ut etc...

        I will host a UT99 maps server so they will get played online sooner or later. Also their there for all to do with as they please.
        that's a good idea, there will be a ton of players then on your server I guess (regarding most UT-players prefer the 99 version of the game)
        WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
        Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

        Comment


          #5
          The amount of maps you're making is insane, and the scaling looks good. Keep it up! (but take breaks man, don't die of exhaustion )
          UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
          Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
          "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

          Comment


            #6
            Keep up the good work man. Even if its just for casual play it's good to playtest these maps to see how the scaling translates to UT4. It's strange how codex, being one of the smallest UT1 maps, looks so much more playable and properly scaled than the current maps in UT4. Edit: It does seem to be upscaled slightly, probably a wise choice!
            Last edited by nuxx; 03-31-2015, 12:11 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by code187 View Post
              Enjoy

              Im not in it for making the official build, Epic dont like me when ever i watch the stream and they say something about me they say "someone" everyone else they say by name/nick. Im not losing any sleep.
              I will host a UT99 maps server so they will get played online sooner or later. Also their there for all to do with as they please.
              Probably more like they don't like remakes, especially not remakes from someone who doesn't have a "respected name" in the mapping community. If you have a name you can remake just about anything you want, other mappers will slap you on the back and tell you how awesome you are for doing it. But if they never heard of you before a lot of mappers will flame the hell out of you and call you a thief or a hack for doing a remake.

              Edit: BTW I'm not saying Epic would flame you, just that they have to be aware of how certain other mappers have reacted to remakes in the past and probably don't want to get involved in that at all so they don't say much about remakes.
              Last edited by MoxNix; 03-31-2015, 01:38 PM.

              Comment


                #8
                Nothing to do with maps lol
                Join the community Facebook page
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

                Comment


                  #9
                  Join the community Facebook page
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Looks pretty good man, I'm going to try and get this on a server and test with a friend.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Looks great, feels/plays looks much the same as the original so I guess the scaling must be spot-on since it both seems to work fine for this UT4 but still feels like UT99.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                        Looks great, feels/plays looks much the same as the original so I guess the scaling must be spot-on since it both seems to work fine for this UT4 but still feels like UT99.




                        Yeah i got the gameplay scale exactly like it was on the original map for ut4.(disregard the lazy 5th dodge in example) Does it still even work? I can cook it again if you guys want to play it. All my remakes play on UT4 like they do on originals. I measured it by dodges and steps for scale.
                        Join the community Facebook page
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Code have You a new Pak for the Map for Us?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X