Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic DM-Codex [REMAKE]

DM-Codex [REMAKE]

Here is Codex for you guys, check out my sig link for screen shots, uploading a video to youtube ill add it here when its finished.

PAK https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzv9tvq4be0g2zf/DM-Codex-187-WindowsNoEditor.pak?dl=0

Last edited by code187; 03-31-2015, 11:11 AM.

• replied
    Code have You a new Pak for the Map for Us?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
    Looks great, feels/plays looks much the same as the original so I guess the scaling must be spot-on since it both seems to work fine for this UT4 but still feels like UT99.

Yeah i got the gameplay scale exactly like it was on the original map for ut4.(disregard the lazy 5th dodge in example) Does it still even work? I can cook it again if you guys want to play it. All my remakes play on UT4 like they do on originals. I measured it by dodges and steps for scale.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks great, feels/plays looks much the same as the original so I guess the scaling must be spot-on since it both seems to work fine for this UT4 but still feels like UT99.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks pretty good man, I'm going to try and get this on a server and test with a friend.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nothing to do with maps lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by code187 View Post
    Enjoy

Im not in it for making the official build, Epic dont like me when ever i watch the stream and they say something about me they say "someone" everyone else they say by name/nick. Im not losing any sleep.
    I will host a UT99 maps server so they will get played online sooner or later. Also their there for all to do with as they please.
    Probably more like they don't like remakes, especially not remakes from someone who doesn't have a "respected name" in the mapping community. If you have a name you can remake just about anything you want, other mappers will slap you on the back and tell you how awesome you are for doing it. But if they never heard of you before a lot of mappers will flame the hell out of you and call you a thief or a hack for doing a remake.

Edit: BTW I'm not saying Epic would flame you, just that they have to be aware of how certain other mappers have reacted to remakes in the past and probably don't want to get involved in that at all so they don't say much about remakes.
    Last edited by MoxNix; 03-31-2015, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Keep up the good work man. Even if its just for casual play it's good to playtest these maps to see how the scaling translates to UT4. It's strange how codex, being one of the smallest UT1 maps, looks so much more playable and properly scaled than the current maps in UT4. Edit: It does seem to be upscaled slightly, probably a wise choice!
    Last edited by nuxx; 03-31-2015, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The amount of maps you're making is insane, and the scaling looks good. Keep it up! (but take breaks man, don't die of exhaustion )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by code187 View Post
    Epic dont like me when ever i watch the stream and they say something about me they say "someone" everyone else they say by name/nick.
    mmh, that's a bit weird they probably are sick about hearing ut99 is the best ut etc...

I will host a UT99 maps server so they will get played online sooner or later. Also their there for all to do with as they please.
    that's a good idea, there will be a ton of players then on your server I guess (regarding most UT-players prefer the 99 version of the game)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
    great! you're re-making one great map after the other
    keep up your great work, "knock on woods" that one of your maps will be in the final build.
    Enjoy

Im not in it for making the official build, Epic dont like me when ever i watch the stream and they say something about me they say "someone" everyone else they say by name/nick. Im not losing any sleep.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    great! you're re-making one great map after the other
    keep up your great work, "knock on woods" that one of your maps will be in the final build.
    Last edited by barsam2a; 03-31-2015, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X