Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] CTF-Bigrock (asymmetrical)

Hey guys,

I just added a new WIP shell to the depot. Currently only on git but will make it into the next build we release.

Some of the thoughts that went into this map:

It's an asymmetrical map that is meant to be a bit easier to pick up than say CrashSite while still trying to explore some different unique gameplay hooks. The outdoor areas of the map are at half gravity while indoor is at the regular of 1. Indoor/outdoor are separated by a new TeamDeco BP type (WeaponShield) that acts as a barrier to all types of weapon fire while allowing players to pass through, which allows for some (hopefully) fun cat and mouse/baiting gameplay. The outdoor part being half gravity really allows the wall dodge to shine and you have to make an interesting tradeoff between being able to travel at very high speeds but being exposed in the air vs sticking to the ground and having more cover but crossing at regular speed. The translocator also gets a ton of distance potential.

There are naturally more thoughts that went into how the bases are laid out and stocked but I don't want to impart bias on how people perceive them and their usefulness.

Looking forward to any and all feedback!

Some Screenshots:

Attached Files

Wow, the screenshots look amazing, the antenas look like morpheus and also inside reminds alot of ut99 map i used to play, i can't remember its name.

Half gravity on outside sounds interesting, what is difference from low gravity :P?

Comment

I think half gravity is between normal gravity and no gravity. So it should be like low grav.
      Looking nice, the outside looks a bit like Outpost23...

Comment

oohhh, looking nice! Can't wait to get hold of it :3

Comment

This is very nice looking, nice work.
          I, too look forward to see how this plays. The fact that the half gravity is not the same gravity scale as what you get on "low gravity" may take some getting used to. Can't comment much on that until some plays, though.

Good stuff man.
          MyArtstation
          @jayoplus

Comment

I will the next build i will play it

Comment

Hey Clawfist this map looks sexy and I can preview how it would be when its finished with all the map entirely worked (lights, textures, statics -if were-). Its interesting how will you manage a asimmetric map like this!

Comment

Those blobby rocks turn me off. Same goes for the big tower having the same shape on top of each other. Aesthetically speaking I like your other shells more, except ASDF, Overlord and Spacer.
                Gameplay looks great fun though.

Comment

Finally clawfist went to the space bandwagon. Welcome to the dark side
                  work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Cool work Sid i hop i can play it in the next build next week

Comment

The layout looks interesting. The only slightly unbalanced sides may make for a more interesting challenge on each side. I'll have to pull it down and try it out.
                      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Wow its a very cool asymmetric Map the Asteroids muss be moving or the Map its cool

Comment

Bots stand around and do nothing, just thought I'd point that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Narune View Post
                            Bots stand around and do nothing, just thought I'd point that out.
                            That is because there is currently no bot support on this map for technical reasons.
                            MyArtstation
                            @jayoplus

Comment

Hey Sidney,

what is that thing with this guy Zeblun all about, living in his small home on the asteroid? . Great map by the way! Fresh idea to combine normal gravity and gow grav with these new (weapon) shields. Now push yourself further & create another CFT map with simular mechanics, but based on a spaceship theme, e.g something like DM-Deimos form UT3 with lot of glass and inner and outer passages! (If you have some time left, now after becomming a daddy ).
                              Last edited by Mr Van; 09-06-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X