DM-Incomplete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Incomplete

No, the shell IS finished, the name is intentional, it's really just... nevermind, you'll see.

Although there is still some "prettification" I have to do, the shell is fully playable. Kind of an interesting idea, a symmetric map... made asymmetrical. As you might guess the theme is kinda inspired by portal. Anyway, I've had fun making & testing this map, I think you guys will like this. I'm trying to allow as much mobility as possible.

The idea is that there are two levels. the upper level has most of the better upgrades/armour, while the bottom has some of the more powerful weapons. However, the top layer has multiple areas where you can shoot through the floor while walking over it. This is a bit of a double-edged sword, as you can shoot down, but you can get shot from below as well.

Anyway enough of my sleep-deprived rambling, have some pics and a PAK file.

PAK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4d...wsNoEditor.zip

UPDATE 1:

Opened up the upper areas a bunch, and added a bunch more to the vent system. Also added a teleporter that crosses the map, also added two colored stripes, one on each side, along the outer wall, so that it's much easier to differentiate the sides. Hope you guys enjoy!

UPDATE 2:

Swapped the shield belt with the udamage, and replaced the beserk with a health keg. Also, blocked off the easy routes to the side powerups, but made it possible to shoot through (see 2nd and 3rd picture above). Improved lighting and fancy graffix. Enjoy!

UPDATE 3:

A bit more lighting fixing, a bit of prettification, and some collision mesh updates. gonna need to upload new pics, but don't have time atm, I'll see if I can do some tomorrow. PAK file is updated.

ALSO: If someone can think up a better name for this map, that would be appreciated. Untill then, DM-Incomplete it is.

UPDATE 4:

Nearing the final stages of work on this shell, got most of the final lighting in, and the blocking volumes should be mostly present now. Might start doing meshes soon, we'll see how it turns out.

Feedback Pls.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darksteel; 04-06-2015, 11:19 PM.
    My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

UPDATE

Updated OP with pictures, change notes, and new PAK file.

Comment

UPDATE

Updated OP with new pics and PAK file download.

Comment

UPDATE:

Few visual and collision fixes mostly. Updated PAK file in OP.

Comment

UPDATE

Updated OP with pics, new pak file, and update notes. Not a huge amount happened this time around, but I'm nearing the final stages.

Comment

Looking nice so far! One bit of feedback just based on the screenshots - stay vigilant with snaggly bits and too many little nooks and crannies on walls.

Comment

Heh, I've got most of them down. I went pretty far with the blocking volumes. There are a few places I haven't been able to fix up as well as I'd like, but I haven't found those to be an issue most of the time anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X