Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-CWL [Finished]

NEW Build, you can find it here http://utcc.unrealpugs.com/map/92-CTF-CWL

Checksum and all redirect info in that link.

Redirect: redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/users/GreyNick1790/CTF-CWL-WindowsNoEditor.pak

CTF-CWL-WindowsNoEditor.pak

Path: Game\UnrealTournament\Content\CTF-CWL.UMAP

Thanks for all the help and ideas. Enjoy

-----------------------------------------------------------

Unless any bugs are found this is the final version, It just needs some play testing now to check it's bug free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've left the old screen shots in just for a history thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've not forgotten this map, been working hard on it in the last few weeks,
    Due to problems with the new update the Editor is not working so well for me - The PAK is corrupted and the Nav mesh is pants.
    Just as soon as this is fixed I'll send it up.

If you want more Screenshots let me know

Cheers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New version that works with the updated Build:

I kept the old one up to compare sizes - if you want

Updated version.

Fixed lighting
    Added more eye candy- needs more

Now needs playing to find anything that needs fixing, It works well with bots

I made this map way back in the day and have re made it for subsequent versions of UT. It was very popular in the Europe IG scene.
    I do feel while the UT3 version looked good it was suffering from been to small.
    In this version have opened this up again, the centre hall is going to require team work to get across.
    I would like to thank GeorgeClooneyBatmanNipples69 for his work in making me some arches after a question in IRC, Thanks Mr. Nipples

Comments welcome.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GreyNick; 02-26-2017, 07:21 AM. Reason: Finished

The visual style reminds me quake-1
    The open spaces feels too big.

Comment

I've just ran a quick timer on it and previous versions, bearing in mind the scales are different per game. Straight run no dodging.

Flag to flag using lower entrance along the long side of the hall
      UT2k4 16seconds
      UT3 14
      UT4 20

main hall long way
      UT2k4 6 seconds
      UT3 4
      UT4 7

I always felt the UT3 version was to small

So the hall is a little longer but not to much - I think the flag run is longer because I've made the corridor into a room and it takes longer to cross.

THe textures are just some I used for now- would like to go for ancient theme though.

I will have a look at shorting the hall by a second or two.

Thanks for the feed back

Comment

This version has the shorter hall and a few more tweaks.

Took a time to reduce the middle of the map and then get everything relined.

Below

cheers
        Last edited by GreyNick; 05-04-2015, 04:34 AM.

Comment

New version: Below

Lots of tweeks but the main difference is a pillar in the centre of the main hall. Not to sure if to keep it or not.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GreyNick; 05-04-2015, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Pretty much the final BSP version, now to mesh it up.

Fixed a few bugs (mostly bot improvements)

XXX

Enjoy
            Last edited by GreyNick; 08-11-2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Re packaged version to work with the new build 6/26/2015

XXX

Some small edits but it's mostly the same.
              Last edited by GreyNick; 08-11-2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Update, screenshot only as the PAK does not work, see first post

Comment

Currently it is meshed up. I have a problem in the fact that since the last build my PC is not powerful enough to PAK the map so this will be the last update until I upgrade my PC.
                  A big thanks to Fjaru for PAKing this one up

Now I've had a chance to look at it in game I have found it's a bit bright, some of the meshes are not lined up well, and the bots seem confused at times.
                  It is playable and all feed back would be appreciated.

CTF-CWL10beta
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by GreyNick; 08-10-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

please remove all the RushBase dl links in the OP with this new dl link plz!

TY

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                      please remove all the RushBase dl links in the OP with this new dl link plz!

TY
                      Good point, I had not realised it was gone until I tried to upload this. All done
                      Last edited by GreyNick; 08-11-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyNick View Post
                        Good point, I had not realised it was gone until I tried to upload this. All done
                        I tested this map for this ut4 version is interesting the layout, only I hope you improve the lightning I see them very dull and somewhat fakeish (many "ghost" lightsourcing you know), some parts are over iluminated put some kind of torchs in several sizes depending on room size where you are fighting.

Another thing in this ut4 the scale is a bit big in the nodebases (red and blue flagbases), when you can snipe or use the minigun from long distance even kinda outside in the border entrances (there are two entrances I think) you can see away to your rivals so you can shoot then if one has pick the flag up and its running. Maybe you could put for red base some kind of tree not very big in the center of the flag base. As for the blue base, you could put some kind of stoned column in the middle of the center blue flagbase (not very big also).

Maybe this way it would compensate the possibility of the use hitscan weapons to give some slight defense to defender or attackers. It feel too open you know dude.

As I said you shoudl work more the lights, the playability except I told early, its fine and enjoyable. keep mappin' thanks for making another ctf map!

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
                          I tested this map for this ut4 version is interesting the layout, only I hope you improve the lightning I see them very dull and somewhat fakeish (many "ghost" lightsourcing you know), some parts are over iluminated put some kind of torchs in several sizes depending on room size where you are fighting.

Another thing in this ut4 the scale is a bit big in the nodebases (red and blue flagbases), when you can snipe or use the minigun from long distance even kinda outside in the border entrances (there are two entrances I think) you can see away to your rivals so you can shoot then if one has pick the flag up and its running. Maybe you could put for red base some kind of tree not very big in the center of the flag base. As for the blue base, you could put some kind of stoned column in the middle of the center blue flagbase (not very big also).

Maybe this way it would compensate the possibility of the use hitscan weapons to give some slight defense to defender or attackers. It feel too open you know dude.

As I said you shoudl work more the lights, the playability except I told early, its fine and enjoyable. keep mappin' thanks for making another ctf map!
                          Thanks for the good points.
                          Yes the lighting is very poor. I had a lot of problems creating the lighting on my underpowered PC. I thought I had it but now I see I have not once it was Packed.

The bases do need more work on them. The fire brazier was an attempt to sort the issue out.

I'll have plenty of time to think it over until I get a new PC

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by GreyNick View Post
                            Thanks for the good points.
                            I'll have plenty of time to think it over until I get a new PC
                            Cheers
                            Good luck, man!
                            Regardless lighting I think the map looks very good (especially on screenshots 2 and 4 - on 4th the brick texture is very repetetive, you will need to break it somehow (perhaps with trims or decal materials), the planks on the second screenshot look a bit too straight and the ground on the floor could use more variation (elevate it in some spots, and some foliage, decals, bring some of the planks to the ground... Try not to think about planks as groups but rather as single objects that create groups, if you know what I mean)
                            The first shot looks chaotic a little, and those platforms are very thin. The columns and rooftops seem a bit too small and the rock in the back seems a little off - perhaps due to different lighting or color... Maybe try bringing it closer?
                            Second screenshot looks the best imo. There is some texture stretch on the walls and floors I think and elevated platforms are very "catwalk" like. Try making them wider, right now they look tiny and irrelevant compared to the surrounding rock. I rly like the idea of floating thingy above the flag!
                            3rd shot looks very chaotic on the right side of it, contrasts are very powerful but you mentioned lighting will be fixed, maybe its good time to start adding decals?

Keep up the good work!
                            For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
                              Good luck, man!
                              Regardless lighting I think the map looks very good (especially on screenshots 2 and 4 - on 4th the brick texture is very repetetive, you will need to break it somehow (perhaps with trims or decal materials), the planks on the second screenshot look a bit too straight and the ground on the floor could use more variation (elevate it in some spots, and some foliage, decals, bring some of the planks to the ground... Try not to think about planks as groups but rather as single objects that create groups, if you know what I mean)
                              The first shot looks chaotic a little, and those platforms are very thin. The columns and rooftops seem a bit too small and the rock in the back seems a little off - perhaps due to different lighting or color... Maybe try bringing it closer?
                              Second screenshot looks the best imo. There is some texture stretch on the walls and floors I think and elevated platforms are very "catwalk" like. Try making them wider, right now they look tiny and irrelevant compared to the surrounding rock. I rly like the idea of floating thingy above the flag!
                              3rd shot looks very chaotic on the right side of it, contrasts are very powerful but you mentioned lighting will be fixed, maybe its good time to start adding decals?

Keep up the good work!
                              Thanks

To answer your points - yes the brick is repetitive, I have plans to break it up.
                              The floor is not as flat as it looks in the shot, I also plan to paint a bit of foliage on it.
                              The centre area in the first shot is OK the screenshot maybe a little confusing

The walk ways are narrow (as in the original) but are fine to move on. The floating platform above the flag was originally a ring which I will go back to when I can create something I like.

Yep the lights were a surprise to me in the packed version as they were not like that in the editor, I spent an age getting them right but it did not package the same.

Thanks for your feed back

Comment

Working...
                              X